Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

29 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

don't listen to the people repeating the same stereotype. you're not gonna be stabbed on the stairs coming off of the plane.

however:

1. do not bring to the concert anything you cannot lose (ie. passport)
  2. try to buy a small money belt, where you can put your phone and spare change and your credit card (do not bring multiple credit cards with you)
  3. if you get the money belt, put it inside your pants, not on the outside.
  4. do not walk with your phone around, if you need to use it, get inside a store.
  5. for the concert: when you want to record it or take pictures, use both hands or secure it with a strap to your wrist.

just be aware of your surroundings and try to be around other people. enjoy Rio and enjoy the show!

Don’t forget the thief’s phone! If you have an old phone,  bring it with you so that if you are robbed, you give the thief your old phone. 😝

45 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

don't listen to the people repeating the same stereotype. you're not gonna be stabbed on the stairs coming off of the plane.

however:

1. do not bring to the concert anything you cannot lose (ie. passport)
  2. try to buy a small money belt, where you can put your phone and spare change and your credit card (do not bring multiple credit cards with you)
  3. if you get the money belt, put it inside your pants, not on the outside.
  4. do not walk with your phone around, if you need to use it, get inside a store.
  5. for the concert: when you want to record it or take pictures, use both hands or secure it with a strap to your wrist.

just be aware of your surroundings and try to be around other people. enjoy Rio and enjoy the show!

adding to this to say maybe put some cash (bank notes) in your shoes as well,

absoloute worst case in the unlikely event IF you were to be robbed you'll still have some cash to use in an emergency

24 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

that's during the day, by 9pm the forecast it 25ºC... with the wind coming from the ocean it would be ok

Madonna hasn't done an outdoor tour for years, not since 2012 to be precise. She must be thrilled.

Anyway, I'll heed your advice. I'm going without a phone, as I'm not that dependent on smartphones and have absolutely no intention of taking photos or videos at the concert. I've seen it four times already, and even last time in San Francisco, I never took out my smartphone, resulting in a much better concert experience. Of course, I won't bring any documents or wallet. At most, I'll carry my old ID card that expired a few months ago, just in case.

In any case, I'll use my Samsung smartwatch to make payments and I'll bring a bit of cash for emergencies. I'll generally be cautious, especially since I'll be in Brazil for 10 days. I'll avoid using my phone in the streets without taking attention around me.

I'm always cautious and never act like a tourist. And no fear, as always. Just enjoy the moment with awareness to my surroundings.

I'm pretty much chilled out everywhere... And there's security, too

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, FraP said:

Madonna hasn't done an outdoor tour for years, not since 2012 to be precise. She must be thrilled.

Anyway, I'll heed your advice. I'm going without a phone, as I'm not that dependent on smartphones and have absolutely no intention of taking photos or videos at the concert. I've seen it four times already, and even last time in San Francisco, I never took out my smartphone, resulting in a much better concert experience. Of course, I won't bring any documents or wallet. At most, I'll carry my old ID card that expired a few months ago, just in case.

In any case, I'll use my Samsung smartwatch to make payments and I'll bring a bit of cash for emergencies. I'll generally be cautious, especially since I'll be in Brazil for 10 days. I'll avoid using my phone in the streets without taking attention around me.

I'm always cautious and never act like a tourist. And no fear, as always. Just enjoy the moment with awareness to my surroundings.

I'm pretty much chilled out everywhere... And there's security, too

Thanks!

amazing then! it should be a smooth experience I'm sure - please enjoy!

1 minute ago, FraP said:

I think it will be in the Hung Up section or after Vogue. I'm just guessing. I can't see Madonna singing Faz Gostoso in the cow girl section 

IMO, Can't Get You Outta My Head didn't fit the cowgirl section as well :silly:

But let's wait and see. If she's really going to add changes into the concert, maybe there'll be a new (small) section with FG :)

• Enrico changed the title to Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024
  • RUADJAI featured and pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic