Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

12 minutes ago, Justice said:

Will she really tell the truth? The controversy will be there for sure, at least the ones we know about. She will be honest about things that we know about.

However, Madonna doesn't like to be painted in a negative way.  So, if she was "the bad guy" in some situations, will she show that?

This is what I don't understand?  She spent most of her career not being afraid how people perceived her, so I don't understand why some are thinking she won't be truthful.  Certainly, like ANY OF US, there might be some things she won't share or want to tell.  But I truly believe she will share things we don't know and probably share her side of things we've seen portrayed negatively about her over the years.  This is the point of HER telling her story.  I would think rather make shit up, she just wouldn't include it in her film.  But again, when have we really seen Madonna shy away from sharing things that will shed her in a negative way?  Most of her career she has bit the bullet and did things, knowing she will take heat for it.  I don't see how this will be any different.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Donna said:

This is what I don't understand?  She spent most of her career not being afraid how people perceived her, so I don't understand why some are thinking she won't be truthful.  Certainly, like ANY OF US, there might be some things she won't share or want to tell.  But I truly believe she will share things we don't know and probably share her side of things we've seen portrayed negatively about her over the years.  This is the point of HER telling her story.  I would think rather make shit up, she just wouldn't include it in her film.  But again, when have we really seen Madonna shy away from sharing things that will shed her in a negative way?  Most of her career she has bit the bullet and did things, knowing she will take heat for it.  I don't see how this will be any different.

The only time she tried that we are aware of to hide something is Truth or Dare admitting she still loves Sean...ive said it quite a few times I feel AIDS will be a big part of the story but if she's gonna be completely honest we will get the story of her and Sean. 

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The only time she tried that we are aware of to hide something is Truth or Dare admitting she still loves Sean...ive said it quite a few times I feel AIDS will be a big part of the story but if she's gonna be completely honest we will get the story of her and Sean. 

I agree... for sure her friends who suffered and died will play a huge role in this.  In fact, most of the general public isn't that aware of the people who she befriended and helped who died of aids. It wasn't talked about much and the times we mostly hear about it, is when she speaks of it.

I think the Sean relationship will be glossed over though. Her and Sean are good and if there was truly some bad stuff that went down, then I can't see her wanting to drudge that up even for Sean's sake. At the same time, I don't believe it was as bad as the media was trying to make it. She's too strong to let that go and I'd think if he truly abused her, they wouldn't be on friendly terms.

On 6/19/2024 at 9:28 AM, steady75 said:

"Promise To Try" might be an interesting title for the biopic. 

• Bitch Im Madonna
  • What It Feels Like For A Girl
  • Nobody Knows Me
  • Material Girl - (She'd never)
  • Like A "something"
  • Burning Up - The Madonna Story
  • Blond Ambition
  • Rebel Heart - I do like this
  • Unapolagetic Bitch
  • I'm A Sinner
  • Human Nature
  • Ray Of Light
  • Express Yourself (would be great actually)
  • Live To Tell is my favourite but it only works if the script lends itself to it. 
  • Causing A Commotion
  • Secret
  • Hanky Panky - The Madonna story ' camp as tits!!!!. 
  • Life Is A Mystery
  • I'm Not Sorry

Imagine if it winds up being called Celebration: The Madonna Story :dead:

32 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Imagine if it winds up being called Celebration: The Madonna Story :dead:

Honestly, I'd think Madonna would want to name it something very creative and different.  I suspect her producers will push her to title it based on a popular song from her.  "Live To Tell" definitely is perfect being Madonna is telling this story. I would hate for it to be named "Blond Ambition" as that would be a bit confusing, being she had a tour of the same name. I think that name should remain exclusively to that tour and Truth or Dare. :)

1 hour ago, Donna said:

I agree... for sure her friends who suffered and died will play a huge role in this.  In fact, most of the general public isn't that aware of the people who she befriended and helped who died of aids. It wasn't talked about much and the times we mostly hear about it, is when she speaks of it.

I think the Sean relationship will be glossed over though. Her and Sean are good and if there was truly some bad stuff that went down, then I can't see her wanting to drudge that up even for Sean's sake. At the same time, I don't believe it was as bad as the media was trying to make it. She's too strong to let that go and I'd think if he truly abused her, they wouldn't be on friendly terms.

I hope not! For some reason that's what I'm really looking foward to seeing. When i was young I never thought much of their relationship but the older i got and when i hit my 20s and was the same age they were when they got married it gave me a whole perspective. I'm now the age she was during bedtime stories and its crazy how she achieved everything she achieved by 36. Idk i love madonna, she's more than just music for me she's giving me so much.

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I hope not! For some reason that's what I'm really looking foward to seeing. When i was young I never thought much of their relationship but the older i got and when i hit my 20s and was the same age they were when they got married it gave me a whole perspective. I'm now the age she was during bedtime stories and its crazy how she achieved everything she achieved by 36. Idk i love madonna, she's more than just music for me she's giving me so much.

I just remember growing up and hearing and reading the horrible tabloids.  I knew then to take it with a grain of salt, but people still believed whatever was reported. I don't believe their relationship was as violent as some tried to make it.  It's just the media knew Sean would lash out at the press in a physical manner, but even after Madonna he's been married two more times and neither of those wives have shared he was violent. I just think Sean prefers to keep anything that isn't related to his film in private.  That period of Madonna's life she sorta followed that lead. However, the media wouldn't let them live in peace. I think their careers and the media destroyed their relationship. I think the two loved each other very much, but Sean couldn't handle the limelight Madonna was generating.

4 hours ago, Donna said:

I don’t get this idea that she doesn’t like to be painted in a negative way. She willingly admitted in a televised interview to chewing gum off the sidewalk. Can you name any other singer who would cop to something on that level? Or take Truth or Dare with all her diva behavior vs the super sanitized and pr’d docos that come out now.

I think she’s more afraid of misrepresentation, which she’s been a victim of throughout her entire career. 

3 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I don’t get this idea that she doesn’t like to be painted in a negative way. She willingly admitted in a televised interview to chewing gum off the sidewalk. Can you name any other singer who would cop to something on that level? Or take Truth or Dare with all her diva behavior vs the super sanitized and pr’d docos that come out now. 

This is my thought as well. I keep reading from people she will not be trutful or sugar coat things when all through her career, she's never done such. She never is afraid to speak out againt the criticism she gets.  Of course, there is a limit to what she will share, but for the most part, she will proudly share she isn't ashamed of anything negative thrown her way.  Let's remember back in 1985, when her nudes surfaced.  She didn't react in shame nor did she hide from it. If anything, she embraces it and only built her career on it.  Every negative nonsense thrown her way, she's not been afraid to take it on.

My take is that some (even fans) enjoy when their are things that dramaitize her life to the extent that it isn't really true or embellished. Some can't stand such a woman can be sexual and control the outcome of what others are uncomfortable to share themselves. They ridicule her and have tried to turn anything she's done as dirty or immoral. Meanwhile, most who condemn her have done the same or things others deem worse.

4 hours ago, Donna said:

IMO Sean abused her and her good friends know it. I was surprised when she went to bat for him in 2016, denying it during the Lee Daniels defamation suit. I think she loves him still and hopes he’s grown since. Also, they both used each other during that Rebel Heart period to support charitable causes which she may have seen as a greater good than the ugly end to their marriage.

10 hours ago, adirondak said:

I think she’s more afraid of misrepresentation, which she’s been a victim of throughout her entire career. 

'She willingly admitted in a televised interview to chewing gum off the sidewalk'.

What? 

When?

5 hours ago, into the erotico said:

'She willingly admitted in a televised interview to chewing gum off the sidewalk'.

What? 

When?

It was an early interview where she said her parents wouldn’t let her have gum when she was a kid so she used to get it off the sidewalk. If I find it I’ll edit and post. 

found it:  

On 6/22/2024 at 12:02 AM, Donna said:

This is what I don't understand?  She spent most of her career not being afraid how people perceived her, so I don't understand why some are thinking she won't be truthful.  

There are always two sides of a story. When Christopher released his book, fans said he exaggerated and did it for money. Why would it be different for Madonna? There are many people who lied in their autobiographies, not about everything, but certain things.

In the 80s she had problems with Sean. We know Sean abused her.  We also know Madonna was a nightmare. 

I am not talking about negative stuff as in Madonna being provocative, bitchy and a rebel. There are moments when she wasn't a good person.

2 hours ago, Justice said:

There are always two sides of a story. When Christopher released his book, fans said he exaggerated and did it for money. Why would it be different for Madonna? There are many people who lied in their autobiographies, not about everything, but certain things.

In the 80s she had problems with Sean. We know Sean abused her.  We also know Madonna was a nightmare. 

I am not talking about negative stuff as in Madonna being provocative, bitchy and a rebel. There are moments when she wasn't a good person.

I don't want to hear TWO sides of the story.  I want HER story.  HER Experiences.  HER Narrative.  HER Lies.  LOL!  Besides, anyone else telling it could lie and make up shit too.  At least it's HER shit.  That's what I want to see and hear. :Madonna007:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
On 6/22/2024 at 9:36 PM, adirondak said:

It was an early interview where she said her parents wouldn’t let her have gum when she was a kid so she used to get it off the sidewalk. If I find it I’ll edit and post. 

found it:  

Thank you you for your answer! Althought I have watched it, I never noticed!