Madame ❌ 5th anniversary!

Ayham

the music is ok , some  songs are really good , but she destroy it with her vocoder vocals and sometime the simpel repeated  lyrics 

if she would sing it with more natural vocals or the one from like a prayer , ray of light, american life or confessions it would sound way better. 

i like the portugal influence but i  miss more melody and better lyrics , vocals and more layers. 

i don't like dark ballad because of the robot vocals , no melodie and weird lyrics, failed version of queen and the video is horrible, never wanne see that again !

future is ok if she would sing it with natural melodic vocals and without the unknown rapper 

the world of madame x looked promising and gave us a few promising video's but i wish she whas more seen in batuka on the beach and not a fake one 

stupid first singele

exstreme occident the music verry good , vocal also ,  but the lryics make no sence and too much repeat just like looking for mercy 

i rise too much of the same repeat !! and no build up  , sound more like i rice all the time and stupid vocoder vocals destroy thebtracks again

promo pictures where verry good but i hate the one eye lap jak 

Also the whole era was traumatizing for the fans cause around the end of the tour and the start of the covid crisis I think that´s when she kind of lost her mind, and we couldn´t believe the milk bath with petals of roses speaking about covid being the great equaliser, the injuries, the very strange face, the terrible instagram posting, Madonna losing her physical shape, and then the start of the bizarre singles and the woke messages non stop. But the good news is that, despite it all, she managed to return as the Madonna of always, at least in professionality and mood and face, for the big Celebration tour, one of her greatest ever. Also I rediscovered the album a few months ago and ok, it´s not my favourite, but I could enjoy it a little better, without any expectations, than at first when I disliked it totally. 

Sorry @skyfitswim, I won't accept any slander of Extreme Occident, esp the lyrics!!!

Simply the Madonna song that I most can relate to. It defines me in a nutshell.

And crickets so far to Faz Grammyoso???? Simply THE BEST SONG OF ENTIRE INTERSCOPE YEARS!!!!

Anyway, feliz aniversário fadista. Bodas de ferro!!! Iron wedding anniversary!!! (I suggest you to google that!!!)

Eu te amo Madame X mas nunca deixei você me destruir, for God's sake!!!!

15 hours ago, Ayham said:

FIVE YEARS since her last studio album… 

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

IMG_1129.png

IMG_1130.jpeg

15 hours ago, Alpha said:

...are the photos used in appreciation or are they shade? Lol

To be honest she did very well a "viúva portuguesa de luto" ("Portuguese mourning vidow"). Problem is that...

And, @Shoful, given your enthusiasm for secret agent's devotional in very Catholic Church tradition, can I talk to you right in Portuguese, rapazote fixe???

3 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Also the whole era was traumatizing for the fans cause around the end of the tour and the start of the covid crisis I think that´s when she kind of lost her mind, and we couldn´t believe the milk bath with petals of roses speaking about covid being the great equaliser, the injuries, the very strange face, the terrible instagram posting, Madonna losing her physical shape, and then the start of the bizarre singles and the woke messages non stop. But the good news is that, despite it all, she managed to return as the Madonna of always, at least in professionality and mood and face, for the big Celebration tour, one of her greatest ever. Also I rediscovered the album a few months ago and ok, it´s not my favourite, but I could enjoy it a little better, without any expectations, than at first when I disliked it totally. 

Where's ur derrière, fella Infiniter??

11 hours ago, MartineX said:

Happy birthday Madame X! You should come back home to celebrate it

Ela ainda tem casa em Lisboa?

8 hours ago, Roy said:

Remember when I was desperate to get the super deluxe edition of the album?

I finally got it last year! :owy:

GQEYLI6bMAALluC?format=jpg&name=large

I would lovely take the chance to thank some Infiniter to have made me possible to own a copy of this very edition ages ago... (will NEVER name them, don't you ever ask me for that!!!)

It's a very good, ambitious, conscious album. (If you don't like conscious, stick to Britney Spears and JLo)

Not her best but one where she experimented a lot. Even the vocal work on songs such as Crave or Future was different from a lot of other pop productions at the time and from her previous studio performances.

The Mirwais-produced fado ballads are deep cut gems.

But like the whole Interscope era, MX lacks of her spontaneitya, light-spirit and goofiness. Maluma and Anitta can go. She probably thought they would be a fun collab but they sounded more forced than anything else.

Not your regular pop album, I get that it can put off some listeners.

5 years..what what's the big deal.. I remember when we first met...you didn't know who you were yet. I didn't know who Ai was.

The reality of time makes me sad. 5 years, zipped by, it only feels like yesterday that the cd/cassette/7inch box set arrived at my doorstep.

Depressed now lol

A great album and maybe her first and only album made almost completely free from success expectations, sales projections and GP acceptance, after all her difficult 10s commercial journey. She knew it was her baby and mainly for herself and the fans, hence the theatre tour.

It's not your everyday album, I think you need to be in a particular mood to play it, but it's so rewarding when you do.

Oh and she got to rub herself against Maluma so probably it was all worth it because of that:

GQCVcRtXQAAhLXv?format=jpg&name=medium

I love how HAPPY she always looked with him.

Happy anniversary, Madame X!

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

A great album and maybe her first and only album made almost completely free from success expectations, sales projections and GP acceptance, after all her difficult 10s commercial journey. She knew it was her baby and mainly for herself and the fans, hence the theatre tour.

It's not your everyday album, I think you need to be in a particular mood to play it, but it's so rewarding when you do.

Oh and she got to rub herself against Maluma so probably it was all worth it because of that:

GQCVcRtXQAAhLXv?format=jpg&name=medium

I love how HAPPY she always looked with him.

Happy anniversary, Madame X!

Tongue Deal With It GIF by Calvin Klein

This era felt very fresh compared to what she has been doing in the previous years, and it was the first time in a long time I felt she was really inspired. I appreciate this album, wouldn't put it between my favs, but it definitely has that Madonna touch in it. And some great great songs!

5 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Where's ur derrière, fella Infiniter??

Ela ainda tem casa em Lisboa?

I would lovely take the chance to thank some Infiniter to have made me possible to own a copy of this very edition ages ago... (will NEVER name them, don't you ever ask me for that!!!)

Ela entregou a casa, já não lembro se foi no início do covid. O covid deve ter ajudado a que ela tomasse essa decisão mais cedo. Numa entrevista ela chegou a dizer que não deixaria a casa de Lisboa...honestamente,  não estava a ver a Madonna manter aqui uma casa para sempre.  Pelo menos, ficou com carinho ao país, e notou-se isso na Celebration. 

• RUADJAI featured this topic