Your Top 5 Most Touching Madonna Songs!!

Which top 5 Madonna songs have touched on you the most? Those songs that made you close you eyes and maybe even made  you tear it up? Only FIVE (yes, it's going to be hard but try lol)!!

Mine would be:

Promise To Try

Look Of Love

Oh Father

Ghosttown

Masterpiece

none
but these all stand out for different reasons
:cryin:
The Power of Good-Bye
Don't Stop
Impressive Instant
Swim
Waiting 

"What does "tear it up" mean?

To succeed in a big way. To display great energy or force. To display sexual prowess. To behave with wild abandon; to indulge in sex, drugs, and/or alcohol."

if it's that
the list would be quite different

23 minutes ago, A. A. Aardvark said:

none
but these all stand out for different reasons
:cryin:
The Power of Good-Bye
Don't Stop
Impressive Instant
Swim
Waiting 

"What does "tear it up" mean?

To succeed in a big way. To display great energy or force. To display sexual prowess. To behave with wild abandon; to indulge in sex, drugs, and/or alcohol."

if it's that
the list would be quite different

I think she meant "tear up" as in cry. 

There are a few that come to mind, specifically it's usually a line and the way she delivers it.

The Power of Goodbye (demo version). The vocals are much softer on the demo and include additional lines. "God give me, the power of goodbye" always hit an emotional core. That feeling you know that something is destructive and you need to turn your back on it...

You'll See (instrumental). Yes, I know it's odd to choose an instrumental version, but this particular one includes a haunting line as a backing vocal; "all by myself, I don't need anyone at all". I would listen to this on repeat when I had first left home as a teenage runaway. I wanted to be that strong.

Oh Father. "I laid down next your boots and I prayed, for your anger to end". Always choked me up, because that was one of the reasons I had to leave home.

Has To Be. "I should be glad that I'm alive, it could've been much worse. I might have never loved at all, and never known what I am worth." This hit really hard when I found myself alone in Berlin. 

Love Tried to Welcome Me. "And my heart has always been a lonely hunter". A reference to Carson Mccullers deep south novel The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, I presume. It's my favourite novel, and the way she sings this line... Achingly beautiful. Wish there was more information/interviews about the songs from this era.

Would just like to add: since my mum passed away, songs like Promise to Try, Mer Girl, Inside of Me, Like a Flower, Never Let You Go really pull on the heart in a way there never did before.

Special mention to Tragic Girl ❤️

Top 5 is so reductive:)

Promise To Try 

Love Don't Live Here Anymore 1984

The Look Of Love (Live1987)

Something To Remember

Mer Girl

Live To Tell

This Used To Be My Playground

X-Static Process

Intervention

Gone