Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

I hope we get full show with short documentary. And what about the tears of clown, which was also filmed... Any informations???? I thinkit will not be a part of dvd...

At this point, best bet is that TOAC will be referenced in the film with a performance or two...

I doubt it will be part of the the TV broadcast but my biggest wet dream is to have both with DVD/LP.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait!!! This is such a special tour for me as I got to see her live for the first time (Australian). I'm thinking we might get close to if not a full show interspersed with backstage footage between songs. I don't see another TOD or IGTTYAS situation happening. Would love to see TOAC as a bonus feature in full and a live CD of the tour.

Hahahaha I am to blame, I posted it on instagram without the watermark and tagged Madonna, they probably took it from there. As you can see, it's a very LQ resized screenshot and has an instagram filter. I keep the original safe in my vault :Madonna003:

The odds of madonna using a LQ screenshot...Unfortunately high

... "The Showtime special will feature footage of Madonna’s tour from all around the world. She will be singing many of her old hits as well as a lot of her newer material. You will also see some celebrity cameos pop up on stage! So be ready to catch a glimpse of Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, Jessica Chastain, and Gwendoline Christie."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/soon-catch-madonna-rebel-heart-181109030.html

... but, especially, as predictable...

"According to DrownedMadonna.com contacts at Madonna's Italian label, as of now the Rebel Heart Tour DVD is not expected to be released before the end of 2016."

ONE F...KING YEAR TO RELEASE THE SHOW!!

Madonna.com lists some other music concert/documentaries aired on Showtime:

As the premier destination for the best concert films and music documentaries, MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR joins a growing list of Showtime Documentary Films featuring music's biggest names including recent concert films from The Who, The Rolling Stones, Lenny Kravitz, One Direction, Mumford & Sons, U2, The White Stripes and Paul McCartney, along with the documentary films featuring Michael Jackson, David Bowie, The Eagles, Nas, The Police, Elvis Costello, Public Enemy, Ozzy Osbourne, Kings of Leon and Billy Joel. For more information on the SHOWTIME Music Makers collection, go to SHO.com/documentaries.

To describe these as ‘concert films’ as well as ‘documentary films’ is confusing, but among those mentioned One Direction’s Where We Are was a full concert, plus 15 minute documentary, The Who Live in Hyde Park was also a full concert plus documentary, and U2’s Songs of Innocence Live in Paris was a full concert, plus 10 minute documentary; so I’m hopeful we’ll get the full Sydney show plus some behind the scenes footage. After all Guy Oseary is managing U2 so surely (surely?!), they’ll follow a similar format. The press release does state ‘MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR was shot around the world and features a collection of live and behind these scenes footage culminating in performances at the Sydney Olympic Park in March of this year.’ I could be completely wrong of course, but on the examples already mentioned, I’m reading that as probably a 10-15 minute introductory documentary, followed by the full Sydney concert.

I remain ever hopeful!

My thoughts:

I think we won't get another MDNA Tour DVD (gladly!). The sound was awful and the editing was the worst. She always reads the comments on her social media accounts so I think she knows how we feel about the MDNA Tour DVD.

She posted this Tears Of a Clown video on her Instagram where she jokes in the beginning and then there is a short clip of the actual show at the end. The sound was good and clear, and the show will definetly be included in the live release (Bonus DVD or a seperate release). I mean, she wouldn't post that for no reason.

We will get a live CD along with the DVD, but I'm not sure if we'll get the whole show on two discs or 13 tracks on one disc (Like S&S/CT). 

It won't be another I'm Going To Tell You A Secret. They'll probably out behind-the-scenes material as a bonus to the DVD, like they did with the S&S and CT DVDs. Or a Making Of the Rebel Heart Tour will be shown before the actual concert starts, like a "Journey from the Making Of to the actual show". 

They will probably also cut some songs (maybe the Interludes, they were pretty weak on this tour except Illuminati).

I really hope they won't ruin the DVD this time. You never know with her team :lol:

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic