What do you want from a New Single (future expectations)

nikolagr

last single was early last summer, thats way back for that album to release new single, lets prepare ourselfes for the new music to come, dont you want her to have new music out after the tour?

I do, but knowing Madonna we will probably have new music in late 2017-early 2018

It would be great if she surprised us with new music sooner rather than later. I don't think she should stop, the Rebel Heart sessions were her most productive in a decade and you gotta keep going while it's there.

I just really hope she keeps her next project top secret and we are totally surprised. And also different release strategies. (not going into that big ass subject)

Musically I'd like her to go in a more experimental direction, a sound we haven't heard before, everyone else in the mainstream is doing more left-field things these days so you can't be basic. Just keep it simple, 12 tracks, couple producers, that's when the magic happens. I'd like it to be profound and beautiful-sounding and with a lot of vocal. But I do not want her to try to recapture past glories and past sounds. i do not want ROL 2 and I don't want it to be compared to ROL or any other album, I want it to be able to stand on its own musical merit.

If she's gonna go fully commercial again then at least I hope she puts all her effort and attention into every aspect of it, and lets no one compromise her vision.  (looking at you Interscope)

Musically I'd like her to go in a more experimental direction, a sound we haven't heard before, everyone else in the mainstream is doing more left-field things these days so you can't be basic. Just keep it simple, 12 tracks, couple producers, that's when the magic happens.

My thoughts exactly, though i'd also like to hear an album/single with a more rock guitar driven sound. She's done rock inspired versions of some songs on her tours since DWT, and i'd like to hear a studio album along those lines. Something unlike her previous albums.

Do you remember the days when artists released more than 3 singles off an album? I mean there were 6 singles off Like A Prayer and 5 off Ray Of Light. Since HC, she's onky released 3 singles from each album i think, which is a shame as some great songs which deserved to be singles missed out.

I wish she would at least do promo musicvideos. That creates hype and keeps pop music fans on their toes and interested. But things have become a bit predictable. We basically know more or less what we'll get before it all even starts. I wish she would do a secretprojectrevolution kind of visual production for one of her albums. How exciting would that be! And she would only need to do something big in one go which maybe would even be more convinient for her.

what about the stuff she did with Emmy & the Emmys? yes she was still finding her voice but to me it was rocky and edgy, she needs to be more edgy next time, also i read she used a guitar sample from High Society in I Love New York, does anyone know if that is true??

Emmy & the Emmys was a while ago lol :tongue: