Living For Love - Single Thread

groovyguy

Madonna‘s Living For Love goes up to #2 (#4) on the Billboard Dance Club Songs Chart! (Issue date: 02/28/2015).*2 Living For Love – Madonna – Live Nation / InterscopeThis week is at #2 with Bullet, it means it still moving up so don’t forget to request it this week to get it to #1 next week!

Exclusive Interview with THRILL
We had the opportunity to talk with Joshua Hill a.k.a. DJ THRILL who recently did one of the official remixes of #LivingForLoveâ€, Madonna‘s brand new single from the upcoming album “Rebel Heart“.

MG: First of all congratulations for your work on Madonna‘s new track “Living For Love“. The remix you crafted sounds awesome! I thought it would be very hard to get this interview but after we talked on twitter I think you are so cool!
THRILL: Thank you so very much for your kind words. I appreciate you wanting to take the time to talk to me.

MG: THRILL is your artist name – Why THRILL?
THRILL: The name came from a play off my real name which is Joshua Hill.  I had a friend start calling me J-THRILL and I just dropped the J and there it was.  I like to think that I am a pretty energetic guy both in the studio and on stage so it worked well and it stuck.

MG: We would like to know more about the process! How did you approach each other?
THRILL: Well, the story is quite amazing.  My manager works with her on the remix and promotion side of things and obviously, Madonna is a trendsetter.  She understands the remix process and does such a great job of giving her fans different ways to connect with her music.  I have had numerous productions of mine do very well in the house music world and remixed a few other artists and she heard some of my music and gave it the go ahead.  I was at home for the holidays with no studio access, just a laptop and a small midi keyboard- which is really all you need to get started.

I still think I am in disbelief of the opportunity that I was given and it is a testament to my incredible team and the people who believed in me and supported the vision.  The old saying is very real that hard work pays off.  Just do the work, keep your head down and keep believing in yourself no matter what and keep doing the work.

MG: How much time did it take you to make this remix?
THRILL: The process all in all took me about a week and 3 countries lol- when you are working on an opportunity this big you want to give it your all and obviously there were some nerves remixing such an icon.  The initial production started in Texas where I am from then went to Los Angeles where I live now.  It then carried on down to Mexico where I was celebrating New Years with my family and then was mixed in London so the track was already international so to speak before it was sent out.  :)

MG: How did you feel when you learned that you were chosen as an official remixer?
THRILL: I did not know that my remix was going to be on the EP automatically so it was an exciting but definitely a nervous time for me.  I felt very confident in my work but obviously there are many more opinions than mine.

I was eating dinner with a close friend when my phone rang and it was my manager.  When he told me the news, I fell to the floor and literally began crying.  My PR agent who without this nothing would be possible also called and we just all celebrated this huge accomplishment together as a team…and that was what this was- a team effort.

MG: Since the beginning of her career, Madonna showed great interest in DJs as they manage to get the live feeling of the crowd. Do you like her music?
THRILL: Madonna is one of my favorites and I play her music pretty much every day in some way.  She is so diverse in terms of her music that there is something for everyone to relate to.  My favorite tunes of hers are some of the big ones- Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita, Lucky Star.  Lesser known perhaps (if that is possible) are some of the club mixes she has done in the past with Peter Rauhofer, one of my major influences sound wise.

MG: Have you met Madonna in person?
THRILL: I have not had the pleasure of meeting her but I would love to be able to have that opportunity if it presented itself.

MG: Do you think this achievement will help you boost your career? Are you looking forward to collaborating with M again in the future?
THRILL: YES AND YES!

MG: The living for love remixes EP will be released on Feb 9th and we wish you best of success! What are your upcoming plans?
THRILL: Thank you for the well wishes, it means so much to me.  The support I have had from Madonna and her fans has been like nothing I have ever seen in my life…just amazing people and true fans.  I am so pleased to have had the privilege of sharing my sound with you and everyone else.  Thank you for all you have done already to support me.

Next up are more remixes and original productions and planning out my gigs for the remainder of the year.  I will be playing around the United States, namely Miami for Winter Music Conference as well as some European venues and of course Ibiza!

My next release is called You Gotta Werk and should be out in March and we have some other exciting projects in the works that I am really looking forward to!

Other than that, studio, studio, studio and developing other artists on a label I own called Migrate Or Starve Records.

MG: Some of your favorite artists or DJ whose work you like?
THRILL: Erick Morillo, who was also a remixer of Living For Love so that in itself was another thing that I have not wrapped my head around.  Also Junior Vasquez, Peter Rauhofer, Chus & Ceballos and I could go on and on- so many amazing influences I have had.

MG: Some fans love off the record information. Are there alternate versions of your remix?
THRILL: At this point, there is not an alternative version of this one…other than the instrumental.  :)

MG: Thank you very much for your time, we really appreciate it!
THRILL: Yes, thank you so much!

madonna drop on Airplay again to nr 44 :cry: in Belgium

i don't listen to radio but i doudt they will play her alot

iTunes she is hardly in the top 150 ,

it's a good song i can't understandf that unknown song doing better then this

they dont give the song enough attention

its such a good song love it