Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

No, I miss them like crazy. I have made my own Super Deluxe Edition with 31 tracks. Replaced Devil Pray, Hold Tight, HeartBreakCity, Wash All Over Me, Rebel Heart and Borrowed Time with Avicii and Diplo's finals. Some haven't leaked yet. The album is a masterpiece this way.

And I really don't see his sound as dated. She would have two smash hits with both Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me here in Europe. They would have been her new Hung Up and Sorry. They will never be as huge in that reworked form. Just mark my words with that one. Rebel Heart Album Version will sink as a stone and WAOM can't be a single now. And the overproduced Hold Tight is such a mess. Her amazing voice, the pre-chorus and that wonderful MNEK end is all gone from Diplo's production.

Can't express opinion on the stuff I haven't heard (and that Hold Tight version sounds delicious indeed) but for me every single track on the album is an improvement on the demos. Love Rebel Heart in its final version as well as Wash All Over Me - that Avicii sound was grating on me and made these songs sound like throwaway euro dance pop (not that there's anything wrong with it but we've got Kylie for that... ;)). It's all a matter of opinion in the end of the day - I think that by giving the tracks the treatments they received in the end she made a coherent, exciting and fresh sounding record. Personally, the only track that I'm not entirely sold on so far is SEX - though I do think that lispy rap is hilariously bonkers :-). 

I'm actually astounded that she's still got it in her after 30 years. Whether the album and its singles are chart hits doesn't bother me really - she's had the #1s, she made her millions and won the awards, I'm just glad that she's still making quality music for us to enjoy. 

Another special Australian edition of Rebel Heart (bonus photoprint card) #rebelheart

Australia has another special edition of Rebel Heart for us collectors planned!

If you order Rebel Heart through JB Hi-Fi, you will get an additional A5 photoprint card (while stock lasts)

Posted Image

Can't express opinion on the stuff I haven't heard (and that Hold Tight version sounds delicious indeed) but for me every single track on the album is an improvement on the demos. Love Rebel Heart in its final version as well as Wash All Over Me - that Avicii sound was grating on me and made these songs sound like throwaway euro dance pop (not that there's anything wrong with it but we've got Kylie for that... ;)). It's all a matter of opinion in the end of the day - I think that by giving the tracks the treatments they received in the end she made a coherent, exciting and fresh sounding record. Personally, the only track that I'm not entirely sold on so far is SEX - though I do think that lispy rap is hilariously bonkers :-). 

I'm actually astounded that she's still got it in her after 30 years. Whether the album and its singles are chart hits doesn't bother me really - she's had the #1s, she made her millions and won the awards, I'm just glad that she's still making quality music for us to enjoy. 

Diplo's Hold Tight version is truly awesome. Crisp and clear voice. Not overproduced. I think you all gonna hear it soon. Maybe after the realese.

Another special Australian edition of Rebel Heart (bonus photoprint card) #rebelheart

Australia has another special edition of Rebel Heart for us collectors planned!

If you order Rebel Heart through JB Hi-Fi, you will get an additional A5 photoprint card (while stock lasts)

Dammit, I'm going to be so poor from the Rebel Heart era.

People have been spreading a lot of untrue information on other forums, but these are definitely the final versions, just unmastered. There won't be any major changes, so don't:

a) Stop listening because you don't want to spoil your reaction to the 'final' tracks.

b) Hope that the tracks will change. They won't, they'll just sound better.

I think that's photoshopped, but it's awesome. I wish the tattoo was smaller on the standard but I still think it's an awesome cover for clean stores like Walmart. The main cover in my mind will be the wires photograph, and she clearly thinks so too based on her Instagram.

Excited for the explicit cover though!

Well, I don't think the problem is so much that the Avicii sound is dated (and it is, VERY much so, especially in the U.S.) as it is that every single song Avicii produced sounds the same.  You've heard one, you've heard them all.  And I do like Avicii, but I think the new production sounds much fresher and will be more timeless in the long term.  It's just that the sound is not trend chasing so people aren't used to it yet.

Also, maybe it's an international thing that the more urban sound isn't popular outside of the U.S., but I can tell you any Avicii sounding song would have been dead in the water here and she would have been ridiculed again for not having any fresh ideas.  It's not like Timbaland's 4 Minutes which did well also because of the Timberlake feature or Hung Up, which had that classic ABBA sample.  Avicii isn't throwback disco, he's very 4 years ago.

So it is what it is, but I think this was the right direction regardless of leaks.  Give the new tracks a chance! :)

That said, I hope we'll all get to hear the other demos and "finals" one day.  As fans, we all love to hear as many versions as we can.