Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Rebel Heart is approaching and it’s time to have a deeper look at its release formats and cover artworks.The release of Madonna’s 13th studio album is set to become a collector’s dream – or nightmare, depending on your point of view – because additional versions – both physical and digital – keep being added to the release schedule.The Standard, DeLuxe and Super DeLuxe packages will be joined by more additional formats, which will carry different designs and will vary according to the different local markets, with some dedicated versions possibly released locally and not worldwide.MadonnaTribe is also happy to share the exciting news that the Rebel Heart covers will be based on three completely different artworks.The main cover will be based on the image you are already familiar with, and in pure Rebel/Heart style the two additional artworks will head to two different directions. One will be the “safer†version aimed to retailers that usually carry clean versions of the CD and are not comfortable with edgy imagery, and another one will once again push the envelope with a strong and daring artwork that will bring you back to the imagery of Madonna’s Sex book.Are you excited for these Rebel Hearts?

OK, the album is not bad. Nonna finally comes to terms with such difficult topics like aging, being dumped by a younger lover, physical insecurities, etc. There's also a certain revisionism of her career, almost as if she were saying good-bye. OK. Good lyrics. Mature lyrics. Too bad the music and production don't accompany this lyrical maturity. And here thereins  the contradiction, the big paradox of Rebel heart: while it's lyrically mature and thoughtful (let's put the tacky SEX and Holy water aside), musically it's a very childish musically. When I say "childish" I mean destined to teen consumption. Lyrics and music just don't match. Neither does her voice and the production. As a matter of fact, the over-the-top, messy production (which I believe it was ghostly-supervised by the revolting Gaynye West) do little to her feminine and sweet voice. Neither it suit the melodies, which are pretty basic I must say.  Nonna's vocals are not for dubstep, glitch or trap. Simply put, on "Rebel heart" production stands on one side, while voice and melody on the other, but sometimes they briefly connect to produce some gems like "Hold tight" or "Iconic" (both vastly improved from the demo versions). These are the more accomplished tracks, this is where she finally achieves the groundbreaking sound she's been aiming for. The rest is a desperate search for a trendy, youthful sound that seems to be elusive for Nonna in most of the album, as if she were unsure of the direction she's taking.

Thanks God we have old-school, well-structured songs like "Ghostown", "Inside out" and "Heartbreak city", which proves that Nonna, when she chooses to, can write very good songs. Sadly, I don't think any classics will emerge from this album. No Nonna anthems here. "Living for love" fails in every way. There's something wrong with this track although I can't figure out what it is. One can easily note that she's not at all pleased with the outcome of the song either.

OMG they completely ruined the HeartBreakCity chorus; Nonna's poignant vocals were softnened and Beautiful scars and Inside out (which was my fave track) were totes destroyed. All the others were improved, I think. Especially Joan of Arc, whose demo was a bore. Anyway I hope this is not the final version because it'd give me hope that the lack of cohesion of the album could be somehow fixed. But this is what it happens when you have too many cooks in the kitchen.

Autotune baby is just weird, bizarre. I'm puzzled by this track. It ranks up there with Nonna's weirdest songs like Act of contrition, Supernatural or B-song.

I still have the hope that she stops trying to gain new audiences and concentrate on her older fans, which are many.

Guest madonner

As for regional releases: as for now Japanese edition with 1 bonus track was confirmed as well as French FNAC edition with 2 bonus LFL remixes

madonnafanclub.eu wrote that there will be an additional German edition with an exclusive track

Australian edition comes with 5 postcards, but no new tracks or remixes there

There will also be a special edition for Polish market, but I guess it'll be just a local version of Standard German release - with some writings in Polish (as it was in the case of MDNA)

Ok, now let's be logical and think with our brains.For what use would a CD with the right tracklist and the right song versions would float around unmastered but watermarked ?At what stage of production would this be needed ?Makes no sense, has no purpose.When an album goes to the mastering studio, there is no watermark on tracks. When an album is sent to the CD factory or to digital retailers, it is unwatermarked also.My guess is that's indeed a final mastered version, maybe with a couple of glitches.I'll check the part on Messiah.

Early, like now for example, when files or copies of an actual disc are floating around, whether it be to press, listening parties or industry, they're watermarked. You'll also notice the volume changes quite often among the tracks. The leak didn't come from a disc, they are the unmastered WAVs that were being shared amongst collectors. The dates on the WAV files are studio dates, some as late as mid January. The album is just now going into mass production.

Celebration iTunes: Erotica Mistake

Celebration Amazon: Erotica OK

i added the Amazon mp3 to my iTunes edition

and i only bought the first mistake CD set

warner totally sucked up the whole celebration cd/DVD editions

never notice the cherish diff in the end but thats right

iTunes mistake again Amazon correct

if you have Amazon cloud (even free Version) just add the 2 wrong tracks from cd or iTunes  and you should get the Amazon mp3s

OK, the album is not bad. Nonna finally comes to terms with difficult topics like aging, being dumped, physical insecurities, etc. There's also a certain revisionism of her career (is she saying good-bye?). OK. Good lyrics. Mature lyrics. Too bad the music and production don't accompany this maturity. Here lies the big paradox of Rebel heart: while it's lyrically mature and thoughtful (let's put the tacky SEX and Holy water aside), musically it's a very childish álbum. Lyrics and music just don't match. Neither do her voice and the production. This production, which I believe it was ghostly supervised by the revolting Gaynye West, is doesn't suit either her voice or the melodies. On Rebel heart Production stands on one side, voice and melody on the other, but sometimes they briefly connect producing gems like Holy water and Iconic (greatly improved), These are the more accomplished -in my opinion. tracks, where she achieves the groundbreaking sound she's been aiming for. The rest is a desperate search for a trendy, youthful sound that seems to be elusive for Nonna in most of the album.

OMG they ruined the HeartBreakCity chorus, and destroyed Beautiful scars and Inside out (which was my fave track). All the others were improved, I think. Anyway I hope this is not the final version because the lack of cohesion of the album could be somehow fixed. But this is what it happens when you have too many cooks in the kitchen.

Autotune baby is just weird, bizarre. I'm puzzled by this. It ranks up there with the wirdest's Nonna songs like Act of contrition, Supernatural or B-song.

I still have the hope that she stops trying to gain new audiences and concentrate on her older fans, which are many.

completely disagree.  This album has something for everyone.... SEX is not my favorite...  But I can listen to Holy Water now and actually groove to it... those lyrics are not my fav either but hey... I don't run around singing Where Life Begins either and still adore that song.

there is the maverick logo on it hmmm

Been telling everyone this... but no one believes me....   Maverick is alive and well... Guy Oseary has formed a new Management group and revived Maverick... That is why if anyone inquires to soundcloud "who" takes down their Living For Love or other Rebel Heart remix (unofficial) they will tell you Grayzone on behalf of Maverick Records....