The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

That's a completely different story - the guy who took that photo automatically held copyright to it so he had to be compensated if M wanted to use it. It wasn't a derivative of already existing work (which is what a remix is) - he created it, therefore he owned the rights to it. 

His work on the remix is his intellectual property. Remove the vocals and whatever else that has copyright he used and its his. He can't sell it as a Madonna remix and I dont think he was? but surely he should be paid for the original work he did on his remix, and so he was paid.

If being derivative of another work of art, no pop artist, Madonna included would hold copyright over anything. 

That's a completely different story - the guy who took that photo automatically held copyright to it so he had to be compensated if M wanted to use it. It wasn't a derivative of already existing work (which is what a remix is) - he created it, therefore he owned the rights to it. 

Then again most shows have a no camera policy.... and I don't think he's allowed to sell it. Then again I think it depends on the artist.

His work on the remix is his intellectual property. Remove the vocals and whatever else that has copyright he used and its his. He can't sell it as a Madonna remix and I dont think he was? but surely he should be paid for the original work he did on his remix, and so he was paid.

If being derivative of another work of art, no pop artist, Madonna included would hold copyright over anything. 

I think it's awesome that he got paid and recognised for his contribution - it wouldn't make her look very good if she went on to use his remix without any acknowledgment (and let's face it, $3,500 is peanuts for M) but it's not like he could take her to court for it. You won't really go to the police to report your car was stolen if you had stolen it from someone else in the first place. 

Check the info regarding remix copyright that was posted earlier on - it's pretty clear in that respect. He wasn't selling the remix and that's probably why he didn't get into any trouble but there were instances of amateur remixers being sent cease & desist letters by bands asking to have their work taken down even though it wasn't being used for commercial gain (interesting article on it here focusing on Green Day and their label's action against the "American Edit" bootlegs). It's not a matter of opinion but a question of law.  :)

As for derivative work, copyright and Madonna - why do you think she got sued (and had to settle) by Guy Bourdin's family over the appropriation of his work in "Hollywood" video?  :wink:

And back to the topic - I truly hope the omission of Who's That Girl was a one off, was really looking forward to hearing this live! 

I don't think she's going to cut Who's That Girl off, it's just a free part of the show in wich I suppose we're going to have several surprises during the next months, songs will be substituted once and come back the following night.

Joan of Arc is quite possible to be performed sooner or later, someone says Take a Bow could be included too, but I think we should really start asking for some of those songs if we want them, I already can see a new moving standing ovation at the end of Take a Bow!

I'm starting to dream she will sing a midtempo guitar-arraneged version of Wash All Over Me in one or two concerts anyway, but this is just a dream unfortunately, I know that   :1f614:

PS- I also read that she could substitute Deeper and Deeper with Don't Tell Me (as she's supposed to do about Burning Up with the big drums Hold Tight performance). Does anybody know anything about this?

PS- I also read that she could substitute Deeper and Deeper with Don't Tell Me (as she's supposed to do about Burning Up with the big drums Hold Tight performance). Does anybody know anything about this?

The "request section" comment is her way of transitioning into the section.  It's not actually a request section.

Don't Tell Me doesn't fit at all (and I actually wish she'll never sing this after she sang it with Miley...).  And there's no way Hold Tight will go there.  Burning Up is necessary (I have no shame, I'm on fire) for the Holy Water/Vogue transition.

The "request section" comment is her way of transitioning into the section. It's not actually a request section.Don't Tell Me doesn't fit at all (and I actually wish she'll never sing this after she sang it with Miley...). And there's no way Hold Tight will go there. Burning Up is necessary (I have no shame, I'm on fire) for the Holy Water/Vogue transition.

If you look at the choreography it kinda could fit there, but I really doubt it's going to happen. Honestly the only change I see from now to the end is Ghosttown being added.

I honestly don't EVER see her adding Take a Bow for this tour.  It's such a depressing song even though it's gorgeous, the only place it would go is as a replacement for Heartbreak City and it's the Rebel Heart Tour so that won't happen.

Same for Joan of Arc.  It's kind of a victim song, and that doesn't really fit her theme of love.  Ghosttown marginally made it in but it's clearly vocally taxing to sing, and if there's a spot for it, I could see Hold Tight going in as well for the same living for love message.

But if you are at a show and some miracle happens, don't forget to record it for us because it may never happen again!

Don't Tell Me doesn't fit at all (and I actually wish she'll never sing this after she sang it with Miley...).  And there's no way Hold Tight will go there.  Burning Up is necessary (I have no shame, I'm on fire) for the Holy Water/Vogue transition.

100% agree with you about Don't Tell Me, disagree about Hold Tight though, I still believe this is gonna happen in the second part of the tour, after the Christmas break (and I do hope it)  :cute:

Burning up was great. Im not sure whats different from the Reinvention Tour but it has a lot more energy and is not boring to watch. Devil Pray was great too. I wouldn't change it. Surprisingly was a sing along song and so much better than the Tv performance earlier this year. and Who's That Girl was kind of an emotional experience. And as someone too young to ever see it performed live, it was a high point of the concert. Except for Madonna over enunciating spanish words towards the end.....

I think the great thing about this show is that it felt like one big celebration. The sections don't speak to each other because theres no real story line. but that is ok. It allows for her to play dress up, sing great new and old songs, and be Madonna. I wasn't bored for one moment. Even during Material Girl which, for me, feels like it was put in as filler. And the pace never really slows down that much, even though theres numerous ballads. 

I think the great thing about this show is that it felt like one big celebration. The sections don't speak to each other because theres no real story line. but that is ok. It allows for her to play dress up, sing great new and old songs, and be Madonna. I wasn't bored for one moment. Even during Material Girl which, for me, feels like it was put in as filler. And the pace never really slows down that much, even though theres numerous ballads. 

Material Girl isn't filler at all though.  It's there so she can have fun with her material GUY jokes before she goes into her love story song.  :tongue:

I was just thinking...

Although I love Burning Up, I agree with Fighter that it's too similar to the RIT version.

I understand she has to rest and play guitar and that it's needed in the "fire" section.

Isn't any other other song in the repertoire that could fit that moment?

I am not implying she will change it, it's just for fun...

HOLD TIGHT for instance creates an atmosphere of Apocalypse (we made it through the fire etc.). She could easily do a rock version... and use those wonderful drums seen in the teaser! Maybe she wanted to perform an old song.

Maybe JUMP could have been reworked!