The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

I feel like I should read Hebrew by now, being a Madonna fan, but can someone tell me what the head pieces on the dancers in Iconic say. 

Posted Image

PS: I can't wait to get the Studio Tour Version of Like a Virgin. The beats don't translate in these fan videos.  Like A Virgin music is basically all drums and bass that kinda reminded me of Let it Will Be from Confessions.  Candy Shop too. The baseline is a little different which brings it to life. 

PS: I can't wait to get the Studio Tour Version of Like a Virgin. The beats don't translate in these fan videos.  Like A Virgin music is basically all drums and bass that kinda reminded me of Let it Will Be from Confessions.  

well, the Rebel Heart Tour version is based on this mix made by a fan back in 2013. he reuploaded after the tour started.

Does anyone know if Dens54 is getting paid for M using his track? Was he contacted first? Has he said anything?

he reacted very surprised when he found out, in this forum, that his remix is the base of the tour version. he said "they reworked it a little... but basically it's my version".

you can find more of his reactions here.

Does anyone know if Dens54 is getting paid for M using his track? Was he contacted first? Has he said anything?

Uhm... why would he be paid? The copyright belongs to Madonna/Warners, it's her song. Don't know the guy, got nothing against him and I'm pleased that his work was recognised but if anything he should be happy nobody asked him to take his remixes down. :)

I think he's going to be paid (or he was already paid).

Back in COAD era, mad-eyes.net was contacted by Madonna's crew to sell one of the photos they took from Madonna, at a promo gig in G.A.Y. club, to be featuring on Sorry single cover (whole history here: http://www.mad-eyes.net/disco/coadf/sorry-cover-picture.htm).

So I believe her crew is very fair regarding to royalties and what else.

Its his work. If Madonna uses it then she has to pay. Or do you think all remixers work for free?

It's one thing to be commissioned to remix a track (and therefore compensated for it) and another to take someone's music and remix it as a hobby:

Copyright Laws and Remixes

The main legal issue with remixes is that they are derivative works, meaning that they are derived mostly from other artists' songs.

In theory, this isn't an issue. But almost all music released for consumers has copyright protection, preventing remixers from making their own version of certain songs without permission.

Some songs exist in the public domain and are not protected by copyright (e.g., most classical music), but only the sheet music would be open for use, not the recordings.

Making a Remix: A Legal Checklist

In order to legally make a remix from copyrighted music, you need to:

[*]Buy a copy of the song(s). Pirated music is still illegal despite how easily it is to obtain.

[*]Obtain permission from the copyright holder. Each piece of recorded music has at least two copyrights: one for the song and one for the master recording. You need permission from both copyright holders in order to legally remix a copyrighted song.

[*]Make a record of permission. Even if it's just an email, you need some sort of written record that the copyright holder has allowed you to make a remix of his or her song.

Amateurs who want to just mix songs at home for their own personal use aren't likely to run into trouble if they fail to obtain permission, unless there's money involved.

(source)

I think he's going to be paid (or he was already paid).

Back in COAD era, mad-eyes.net was contacted by Madonna's crew to sell one of the photos they took from Madonna, at a promo gig in G.A.Y. club, to be featuring on Sorry single cover (whole history here: http://www.mad-eyes.net/disco/coadf/sorry-cover-picture.htm).

So I believe her crew is very fair regarding to royalties and what else.

That's a completely different story - the guy who took that photo automatically held copyright to it so he had to be compensated if M wanted to use it. It wasn't a derivative of already existing work (which is what a remix is) - he created it, therefore he owned the rights to it.