Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

2 hours ago, PlasticLimbo said:

This is from Harper's Bazaar 1994 by Peter Lindbergh 

I posted this in color in our topic RARE .

When I asked the IG page about it's authenticity , I never had a Reply. So, I don't know if this is one originally in colors , if it's fake, edited whatever.This is getting worse lately with all this AI sh*t they've been posting, retouching old and rare pics, coloring them constantly without respect for history .

20230803_160814.thumb.jpg.bd8176d6bf29cea216a2869b8afff05f.jpg

Original is b&w and omes from this book https://www.ebay.de/itm/MADONNA-BY-HELMUT-NEWTON-WAYNE-MASER-PETER-LINDBERGH-Book-2005-RARE/274433091514

whole initial sessions was made in spring of 1994 for Harper's Bazaar.

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Is this from mymadonnaluvn?

Yeah. That's why Sometimes I wonder:

What is the difference between this user who apparently does not like the original appearance of Madonna and for that reason decides to exaggerately alter her original appearance resulting in images that do not correspond to reality and Madonna who, in a certain way, also does the same by excessively applying filters to her photographs and whose results would only surprise the most unwary, who would surely end up wondering how Madonna manages to look so young despite the passing of the years. Fortunately the fans know the truth.

I am looking for information about the origin of this strange hobby that women mainly have and most of the opinions I find determine that it is due to insecurity and not accepting their reality. Something that I cannot accept in the case of Madonna, who has always exuded self-confidence since the beginning of her career (except her performance with Maluma in Medellín). However, seeing this last exaggeratedly retouched photo where she appears with some roses makes me think that this strange hobby will persist, unfortunately, until the end of her days.

25 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

What is the difference between this user who apparently does not like the original appearance of Madonna and for that reason decides to exaggerately alter her original appearance resulting in images that do not correspond to reality and Madonna who, in a certain way, also does the same by excessively applying filters to her photographs and whose results would only surprise the most unwary, who would surely end up wondering how Madonna manages to look so young despite the passing of the years. Fortunately the fans know the truth.

I am looking for information about the origin of this strange hobby that women mainly have and most of the opinions I find determine that it is due to insecurity and not accepting their reality. Something that I cannot accept in the case of Madonna, who has always exuded self-confidence since the beginning of her career (except her performance with Maluma in Medellín). However, seeing this last exaggeratedly retouched photo where she appears with some roses makes me think that this strange hobby will persist, unfortunately, until the end of her days.

I guess she has changed so Much since 2019 ....now her photos are so edited... 

40 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Thank you for your thoughtful words. I feel this discourse runs deep and is truly tragic to reduce thoughts on the matter to only one social-political cause or symptom. And your words open this discourse up rather than reducing it or to shut it up.

The roses pic really seems like something mymadonnaluvn would create. -In fact, Madonna went through a period where she reposted and credited their work on her own instagram. She clearly appreciates it. Many fans hate it. Which is an entirely other discourse at the same time. 

For me, I find mymadonnaluvn’s work the most fun because it literally looks like another person altogether. And since day-one Madonna loves to change personas and looks in a very radical way. It’s not surprising that she likes extreme forms of filter, photoshop and cosmetic surgery. There may be vanity in there but Madonna is also choosing to express her image in a way in which pisses many fans and public off. And she won’t stop. 

26 minutes ago, Mden said:

Interesting discussion from 8:15 on.

Now that's what I call a "reaction video".  Most reaction videos tend to be someone just watching the video and really saying if they like it or not.  Very rarely we get a discussion like this. The girl seemed very genuine with her response and reaction.  It was also interesting to hear from the older gentleman's reaction of the video back in the day compared to today.  His perspective in relating to the boyfriend's point of view then, and now from the father's.  It shows how most of us evolve in life. 

It's hard for hardcore fans to believe there are people who haven't heard of Madonna or seen some of her most popular videos. Unfortunately, younger generations aren't as familiar with her.  The girl knew of Madonna, but isn't as familiar with her songs.  I would love to see her reaction to Like A Prayer and few other popular videos. 

Thanks for sharing.  :)

4 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

This is a very complicated issue though, as far as women in general especially. Women still face far more scrutiny for, and judgement of, their appearances than men generally speaking. Especially when it comes to aging. Traditionally men have been allowed to age in a way women haven’t without judgement. This is why skincare and cosmetic surgery are multi-billion dollar industries. Social media just amplifies it all, and gives everyone the tools to tweak how their appearance is represented on apps. To some extent this has started to affect men too, but it’s still disproportionately women affected.

It’s easy to judge M for some of her appearance choices in recent years. Even I have at times. But we don’t know what kind of pressure she’s facing behind the scenes, and more importantly how it must feel to see your appearance and any signs of aging so heavily scrutinized, mocked and ripped apart as it’s been since her mid 30s.

It's not just mymadonnaluvin, there are many other Instagram accounts ruining her photos and they all are inspired by Ricardo Gomes. This guy single-handedly ruined her photos since 2021 (I know Madonna wants it too). I used to save her photos on my phone but there's nothing to save anymore. Each picture looks different from the previous one. There's nothing iconic about them anymore. I don't know how reporting this account will help..... 

10 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Crazy that it was the first video she saw lol. She’s like, ”I’ve heard of Madonna”…

Well, I think that happens more often than what we'd like to think... First of all, there are lots of people that doesn't see music channels and on TV (at least here in Spain) to find a TV program with videos and performances is impossible since the 90's.

And about her music... One day I was with my cousin and she asked me "Are you going to the Madonna concert?" "I told her that I couldn't and asked her "And you?". She told me, "I only know two or three or her songs so..." I said "I'm sure you know more than you think". Days later she told me "I've been listening to Madonna on spotify and you were right. I knew lots of the songs, but didn't know they were sang by Madonna".

I'm sure the general public knows lots of her songs but most of them are "80's or 90's" hit songs and not Madonna songs, I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about. I've been a fan from the 80's and I remember that after "Erotica", "Bedtime stories" and "Evita", when "Ray of light" came out there were lots of new fans that didn't know who Madonna had done in the 80s. They were too young at that time and they discovered what she had made after "Ray of light" and lots of them said things like "I remember that song, my parets had the album when I was a kid" and things like that. 

Unfortunally, Madonna is a big name in music history but not all the people know perfectly which songs are sang by her. But, can you blame them? I mean play "Lucky star" "The look of love", "Like a prayer", "Erotica" and "Ray of light" to somebody that doesn't know Madonna and probably they'll think each song has a different singer.

21 minutes ago, scamper said:

Well, I think that happens more often than what we'd like to think... First of all, there are lots of people that doesn't see music channels and on TV (at least here in Spain) to find a TV program with videos and performances is impossible since the 90's.

And about her music... One day I was with my cousin and she asked me "Are you going to the Madonna concert?" "I told her that I couldn't and asked her "And you?". She told me, "I only know two or three or her songs so..." I said "I'm sure you know more than you think". Days later she told me "I've been listening to Madonna on spotify and you were right. I knew lots of the songs, but didn't know they were sang by Madonna".

I'm sure the general public knows lots of her songs but most of them are "80's or 90's" hit songs and not Madonna songs, I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about. I've been a fan from the 80's and I remember that after "Erotica", "Bedtime stories" and "Evita", when "Ray of light" came out there were lots of new fans that didn't know who Madonna had done in the 80s. They were too young at that time and they discovered what she had made after "Ray of light" and lots of them said things like "I remember that song, my parets had the album when I was a kid" and things like that. 

Unfortunally, Madonna is a big name in music history but not all the people know perfectly which songs are sang by her. But, can you blame them? I mean play "Lucky star" "The look of love", "Like a prayer", "Erotica" and "Ray of light" to somebody that doesn't know Madonna and probably they'll think each song has a different singer.

I remember my boyfriend at the time in 2010 was listening to the American Life album for the first time and loving it. He asked me if it is considered to be old and old school Madonna and I just said yes as I didn’t want to explain otherwise. 

We also need to wake up to the fact that there will probably be many people at the upcoming concerts that will have only have had heard Frozen On Fire and Back that Up to the Beat.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

We also need to wake up to the fact that there will probably be many people at the upcoming concerts that will have only have had heard Frozen On Fire and Back that Up to the Beat.

I don't think so... I mean, look at the prices, someone who only know those two songs, don't pay for a concert. Madonna has a name and I know a lot of people who'd love to see her in concert at least once just for being Madonna. I have lots of friends (not Madonna fans) that would love to see her in concert, but she always plays in Barcelona (an expensive town, and the expensive tickets, and the travel and the hotel...). But if she went to another town near I could rent two or more buses just with people I know to go there, hahahaha,

In fact I know more Spanish fans that go to Lisbon instead of Barcelna just because is closer to their origin city.