Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

2 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The name is great, not the most creative but as others have mentioned, very Madonna very mass market appeal. 

The red jacket on the contrary is horrible. 

As my bf said “it sounds like a Disney anniversary show.”

Tbh I’m fine with the name. I assume they didn’t want to scare people away with something too arty farty. Make it about the music.

3 hours ago, scallywally said:

She wasnt resurrected when they announced the tour so why call it that?  

Only thing I dont understand about it is the wobbly O in it?? Is it supposed to be a wristband?  I need to know. lol. 

According to the designers Instagram:

”The O represents the well fucked hole of your typical Madonna fan”

16 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Don't know if I'd say "lazy". I understand the concept and reasoning behind the name choice but it is rather un-creative to name a 2023 tour after a song / greatest hits collection that came out in 2009.

I'm not really sure what else you would call it though that's catchy and not cheesy. I asked AI to come up with names and all it could think of was The Icon Tour, The Queen of Pop Tour, The Material Girl Tour, The Material World Tour, and a ton of really bad ones.

In the end, I guess the only viable choice is The Celebration Tour

Sounds like AI has a way to go.

The title is lazy but I agree it’s good marketing, especially for wooing casual fans.

She had a strong reputation as a live performer through the 00s, probably peaking w/ReInvention & Confessions. But from MDNA on her antics sort of caught up w/her- not playing many hits, making the crowd wait hours.

Calling it this really emphasized it’s hits. I’d thought even calling it Finally Enough Love would’ve been more interesting, but even that could’ve been somewhat deterring to people thinking it’ll be loaded with later dance “hits” that they don’t care about.

Just now, Sultrysully said:

30 dollars?  You cannot feed two people a fast food meal for thirty dollars anymore.  

And that's ridiculous too!  Doesn't change my thought on that overpriced  (rain) jacket.  And that's what it looks like a "rain jacket".   The Blond Ambition bomber is more justifiable in price, but I wouldn't pay such for a jacket. 

I love Blonde Ambition and Reinvention as titles for being completely new, unexpected, and not just named after a song/album. 

Sixteen year old me was really gagged we almost got "The Whore of Babylon Tour". After American Life I was like, "Oh, America's just gonna love this....🙃". 

"Royal Movement" would be everything for the 4 of us that would get the reference.