Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

Proper drum and bass remixes of The Power of Goodbye by M Beat or Adam F or Goldie would have popped the fuck off. BT and Sasha or Brothers In Rhythm could have done some dark epic house with it too. They just chose bland remixers who sucked the life and beauty out of the song. 

I think Stereo MC could have been a great choice. Also, the Dallas Austin Remix had a good concept. It’s very Melanie C Never Be The Same Again, but very halfbaked and unfinished sounding.

The song deserved so much more than what it got.

7 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I think Stereo MC could have been a great choice. Also, the Dallas Austin Remix had a good concept. It’s very Melanie C Never Be The Same Again, but very halfbaked and unfinished sounding.

The song deserved so much more than what it got.

You can tell Dallas was busy finishing TLC's "FanMail" album (out months after) and probably didn't give a damn about M's remix - but of course he took the money.

Warner surely wanted an R&B remix to cover that market and maybe even getting some R&B radio airplay... but they got what they got. Also, not sure if "The Power" could have been turned into "Take A Bow" anyway with any kind of remix.

There was a very basic bootleg drum & bass remix of The Power of Goodbye back in the day that I used to wear out. Had the same loop throughout but just worked.

I always say Fabian's Good God Mix is underrated. It fits the darker vibes of the album and has an almost dancehall feel. 

If Johnny Vicious had mixed it in the same style he did Sade "Pearls" or Dido "Here With Me", it would have been a monster dance track. He knew how to take a slow vocal and make it sound epic and not dragged out. 

Dallas' mix is a bit toooo Fanmail for me. There's two mashups of POG, one with Human League "Human" and the other with The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony", that are some of my favorite mashups ever. 

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

is underrated. It fits the darker vibes of the album and has an almost dancehall feel. 

It’s a great remix. Dallas Austin is not that bad either. Even though I hate it when ballads get turned into remixes that was a big trend around that time so they should have done it for this. The chorus has that anthemic quality that would lend well to a cheesy Calderone club remix or something.

1 hour ago, love hurts said:

do we know if they’re ever going to release live albums for her older tours? id kill to be able to listen to the drowned word tour remixes on streaming :cryin:

Our best bet is they're included on their respective album expanded reissues, example: "DWT" could be included on a "Music" Super Deluxe Edition...

40 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Our best bet is they're included on their respective album expanded reissues, example: "DWT" could be included on a "Music" Super Deluxe Edition...

I’m hoping so too - seeing as how a visual artist m is and was it makes sense to me to include a live video or audio or why not both like Prince estate have been doing -. Imagine if they released the wtg florence pro shot with TB reissue - I would pay a lot for that 🥰 girlie show Japan with erotica too - see it’s all there and I’m sure an easy project to put together 

the tours should be released as a separete box set tbh

Imagine if we got multiple concerts as well

Full VT

WTG Japan and Florence

BAT Nice, Yokohoma and Barcelona, plus a suprise pro shot concert since we know all shws since WTG are/were recorded professionally

GS Sydney and Japan

DWT Detroit and pro shot You'll See

RIT 

CT

S&S and S&S 2009

MDNA Paris full pro shot

RHT

Madame X Tour

Celebration Tour

Guys we don't even have the first proper album reissue yet and you're asking for separate tour releases? :Madonna009:

Honestly, except for the "Blond Ambition Tour" and all the hype around it, I can't see another old tour being released on its own, but I can see "The Virgin Tour" somehow being attached to a "Like A Virgin" expanded edition, "Who's That Girl Tour" with a "True Blue" one, etc.

Anyway, as always, it will be her choice.

19 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Ray of light Pride rainbow edition with holographic blanket, artwork by madonnaluvin

“Warner hires mymadonnaluvn to remaster all album artwork for complete artist roster reissues.” 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CunKJkLvHH1/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

36 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Guys we don't even have the first proper album reissue yet and you're asking for separate tour releases? :Madonna009:

is it confirmed that we’re even getting those tho? if so i hope they’re not like the true blue anniversary edition 

praying we get demos/unreleased tracks/live versions  

2 hours ago, Prayer said:
4 hours ago, love hurts said:

makes sense ig but if they do that they definitely wouldn’t include live versions of songs from other eras for example the dwt version of holiday & stuff like that

22 minutes ago, love hurts said:

is it confirmed that we’re even getting those tho? if so i hope they’re not like the true blue anniversary edition 

praying we get demos/unreleased tracks/live versions  

makes sense ig but if they do that they definitely wouldn’t include live versions of songs from other eras for example the dwt version of holiday & stuff like that

Are you really asking that? 😂

22 hours ago, DickTracy said:

All jokes aside I love this digital singles campaign, I’ve even forgotten things were released and surprised myself during shuffle on my playlist. It’s all happening quicker than a Ray Of Light and I’m loving every new offering. 

Me too. I collected so many of the Japanese maxi single, that I had a lot of remixes, but am love love luvin the digital releases, as I actually listen to them. I look forward to Friday!

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

No, please. Tours must have their own release (including studio versions, backdrops, different tour dates) not mixed with albums. 

Some of you forget that there are some of her tours that aren't exclusively in support of JUST ONE of her albums:

- The Virgin Tour (Madonna / Like A Virgin)

- Who's That Girl Tour (True Blue / Who's That Girl)

- Blond Ambition Tour (Like A Prayer / I'm Breathless)

- Drowned World Tour (Bedtime Stories / Something To Remember / Evita / Ray Of Light / Music)

- Re-Invention Tour (it was more of a GH Tour)

- MDNA Tour (Celebration / MDNA)

Aside from that, they didn't skip the 80s single to be included on the album re-issues. They released them separately even if there was only one exclusive version on there. What makes you think they are gonna include her tours on the re-issues instead of capitalizing on separate releases (as they always do)?

More releases = more streams = more money

33 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Some of you forget that there are some of her tours that aren't exclusively in support of JUST ONE of her albums:

- Drowned World Tour (Bedtime Stories / Something To Remember / Evita / Ray Of Light / Music)

Aside from that, they didn't skip the 80s single to be included on the album re-issues. They released them separately even if there was only one exclusive version on there. What makes you think they are gonna include her tours on the re-issues instead of capitalizing on separate releases (as they always do)?

I agree. Combining George Michael's 'Older' with MTV Unplugged seemed like a misstep. Both should stand separately. M could benefit from this approach, even as mini releases to bridge gaps between larger ones.

I don't think it's too far fetched to think the tours could be packaged with a certain album, such as VT with Like A Virgin.  But in the case of BAT, I'd think that would be trickier being it really comes after I'm Breathless. I just don't see BAT being added to a deluxe version of I'm Breathless, let alone we even getting a deluxe re-issue of I'm Breathless.  I personally doubt we're going to see any tour added to the expanded deluxe re-issues, but if one is to happen, I can see Virgin Tour being included with Like A Virgin's re-issue.  If that did happen, I wouldn't automatically assume that would be a blueprint or a hint or guarantee other tours would get attached to other future re-issues.

3 hours ago, MPowered said:

I don't agree with that... I mean, the Madonna album Like a virgin, maybe... But the promotion of "Madonna" was made with the TV performances and some shows like "Uncle Sam" and things like that. She was starting her career and probably the thought that the tour would help to sell the first album too... But I don't see her saying "I'm going to make the "Drowned World Tour" to make a promotion of "Bedtime stories"." Or Something to remember? She only sang "You'll see" and not in every concert. Is like saying that she was promoting "True blue" too because she sings "La isla bonita" and uses the snippet of "Open your heart".

I can see that with "The Blond Ambition" (Like a prayer/I'm Breathless) and "Drowned World tour" ("Ray of light" and "Music") because in the first place, they thought about doing a tour for the first ones ("Like a prayer" and "Ray of light") that finally wasn't made, and the albums were "near" from the one that came later.

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I'm convinced Luke slater asked Emily's Mom which worked at warner back then to give them a Acapella and she gave them a damaged one so Luke slater mixed it according to how the Acapella sounded

Luke and Emily's mom were fighting for freedom :silly:"freeeedom comes freeeedom comes freeeedom comes freeeedom comes"

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW