Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

As far as I know, it isn’t.

Thank you.I thought from stems and echo works and perhaps additions with a DAW but It seems it can't be done like that.Orbit alternative's only change is the ending it seems and MAYBE the beat being stronger but I think it's mastering

16 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Thank you.I thought from stems and echo works and perhaps additions with a DAW but It seems it can't be done like that.Orbit alternative's only change is the ending it seems and MAYBE the beat being stronger but I think it's mastering

Regarding these two vinyl-only remixes of "I'll Remember" - are they mastered VERY loudly on the vinyl or something? I just got a copy of the 12" US promo single and ripped them to my computer. There is SO MUCH distortion on Madonna's vocals. The place I bought the record form cleaned it well, I cleaned it well, I cleaned by turntable's stylus and it's still sounds so bad. I kind of hear it on a tip I downloaded from this forum too.

It's the mastering, right? It's not just me?

8 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Regarding these two vinyl-only remixes of "I'll Remember" - are they mastered VERY loudly on the vinyl or something? I just got a copy of the 12" US promo single and ripped them to my computer. There is SO MUCH distortion on Madonna's vocals. The place I bought the record form cleaned it well, I cleaned it well, I cleaned by turntable's stylus and it's still sounds so bad. I kind of hear it on a tip I downloaded from this forum too.

It's the mastering, right? It's not just me?

Yes it's true! Orbit Alternative is very loud and Guerilla beach I think are effects 

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Yes it's true! Orbit Alternative is very loud and Guerilla beach I think are effects 

I'm trying to research ways to decrease that "crunchiness" in her vocals, but I'm afraid I don't have the right vocabulary to properly look it up online. I do know that Noise Reduction in Audacity certainly doesn't make it any better. 

1 minute ago, clkelley39 said:

I'm trying to research ways to decrease that "crunchiness" in her vocals, but I'm afraid I don't have the right vocabulary to properly look it up online. I do know that Noise Reduction in Audacity certainly doesn't make it any better. 

Send me the files; I'll see what i can do.

4 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Check this AIWA08 rip of Orbit Alternate I compressed in FLAC! Original file re-uploaded by Frozen and original file is 200 mb so for convenience I compressed 

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

@clkelley39which mix are you talking about and what do you mean about her vocals?  The Orbit Alternative mix shared by @Would You Like To Trysounds great. I can increase the volume a bit, but it sounds just fine.

@PaperFacescould you compress this one to MP3 or FLAC for me  

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

It's the AIWA08 Rip of the Guerilla Groove but I want it compressed by you or someone else because I can't even fit the original file in my phone  

Edit:no worries I already did it thanks!

44 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

@clkelley39which mix are you talking about and what do you mean about her vocals?  The Orbit Alternative mix shared by @Would You Like To Trysounds great. I can increase the volume a bit, but it sounds just fine.

@PaperFacesI'm referring to the Guerilla Groove Mix and the Orbit Alternative Mix, but mostly the Guerilla Groove Mix. There's so much distortion, particularly on the vocals. But yes, that FLAC @Would You Like To Try posted of the Orbit Alternative Mix does sound much better. 

I'll DM you about sending you the files. 

2 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

@PaperFacesI'm referring to the Guerilla Groove Mix and the Orbit Alternative Mix, but mostly the Guerilla Groove Mix. There's so much distortion, particularly on the vocals. But yes, that FLAC @Would You Like To Try posted of the Orbit Alternative Mix does sound much better. 

I'll DM you about sending you the files. 

Also you can check the uncompressed file of the  Guerilla Groove mix I sent lol

Can’t believe I’ve not heard the Guerilla Groove Mix before. Managed to find it on YouTube too:

Emily, don’t forget all versions on discogs:

A1I'll Remember (Guerilla Beach Mix)

Engineer [Remix] [Uncredited] – Robert Hill (2)

Remix [Uncredited] – William Orbit

6:17

A2I'll Remember (Album Version)4:22

B1I'll Remember (Guerilla Groove Mix)

6:07B2I'll Remember (Orbit Alternative Remix)

4:30

49 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

For you at least,I like it but for me it's not one of her best maxi's the mixes are good but it's a small maxi

Doesn't matter.

I'll Remember is one of her greatest songs and greatest ballads of all time. However, William Orbit takes it to the next level with his remixes. The Orbit Remix is one of the greatest creations to humankind. He elevated a beautiful sentimental ballad into a euphoric journey of life and light.

14 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Doesn't matter.

I'll Remember is one of her greatest songs and greatest ballads of all time. However, William Orbit takes it to the next level with his remixes. The Orbit Remix is one of the greatest creations to humankind. He elevated a beautiful sentimental ballad into a euphoric journey of life and light.

Agree with the first part and the second one too but a bit less lol

On 2/7/2024 at 11:10 AM, MPowered said:

Then there's the TIC Version that has even infested the streaming version of Something To Remember. That version can rot in hell.

The 1995 Edit from Something To Remember is a fade of the LP Version (like the single version but a bit longer). It's not on streaming yet. 

Yes! If they didn't end up releasing the Crazy For You single separately with the 7" and album versions. They could at least update Something To Remember with the correct 7" version and I would be happy with that too.

1 hour ago, BoyToyMark said:

Yes! If they didn't end up releasing the Crazy For You single separately with the 7" and album versions. They could at least update Something To Remember with the correct 7" version and I would be happy with that too.

Emily hates that single with a passion it seems 

angry i hate you GIF

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW