Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 hours ago, bertrand said:

More evidence (but hardly proof) that the vinyl mixes are coming - they were recently given ISRC codes

Madonna --- I'll Remember --- Guerilla Beach Mix --- 1994 --- 6:21 --- USWB10300407
Madonna --- I'll Remember --- Orbit Alternative Remix --- 1994 --- 4:23 --- USWB10300409

Where did you find this?

4 hours ago, bertrand said:

More evidence (but hardly proof) that the vinyl mixes are coming - they were recently given ISRC codes

Madonna --- I'll Remember --- Guerilla Beach Mix --- 1994 --- 6:21 --- USWB10300407
Madonna --- I'll Remember --- Orbit Alternative Remix --- 1994 --- 4:23 --- USWB10300409

Are these from the streaming database? Alternative remix is not 4:23... I fear it's a mislabel

If those mixes don't come I will be so ANGRY with Emily to a point of PMing her with intense anger 

15 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Are these from the streaming database? Alternative remix is not 4:23... I fear it's a mislabel

If those mixes don't come I will be so ANGRY with Emily to a point of PMing her with intense anger 

No, the ISRC database. It doesn't necessarily mean they will be released on streaming (or at all)... but likely they were added for a reason.

Like I said, it's evidence, not proof :)

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

An ISRC code is attributed to a song at the mastering stage of the recording process. So any song that was ever released as a promo, on vinyl, as an edit or whatever would have already had one of these codes. I fear your setting yourself up for disappointment.

No its actually great since in here the orbit alternative timing is wrong and there's no groove actually if it's separate to the streaming release I will be so happy!

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

An ISRC code is attributed to a song at the mastering stage of the recording process. So any song that was ever released as a promo, on vinyl, as an edit or whatever would have already had one of these codes. I fear your setting yourself up for disappointment.

The YT copyright thing wasn’t wrong so far. Considering that it has only been added recently is proof enough imo.

43 minutes ago, MPowered said:

The YT copyright thing wasn’t wrong so far. Considering that it has only been added recently is proof enough imo.

Guerilla groove is missing it seems and the "alternative" in the base is just...the standard version 

Could it be we are getting the US Maxi without the vinyl mixes? 💀

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

No its actually great since in here the orbit alternative timing is wrong and there's no groove actually if it's separate to the streaming release I will be so happy!

The issue here I see is some use this as some sort of proof something is happening and when it doesn't, or doesn't happen to their satisfaction, they start getting irate over it.  For me, I only expect at most what was originally commercially released.  Anything extra is a nice bonus.  I'm not going to blame some imaginary person (Emily) for fucking something up or isn't doing their job. At the end of the day, no one but a few avid fans really care about every freakin' remix and edit to be included in these digital/streaming updates.  It doesn't change anything regarding Madonna's catalog, because as long as the recognizable song is available in whatever mix is available, most rational people don't freak out it's not the same mix as the video or it's not the 7 inch edit.  No one cares about that and again, it's only something a rabid fan really cares about.  And even most rabid fans don't care either. :laughing:

26 minutes ago, McDonna said:

The issue here I see is some use this as some sort of proof something is happening and when it doesn't, or doesn't happen to their satisfaction, they start getting irate over it.  For me, I only expect at most what was originally commercially released.  Anything extra is a nice bonus.  I'm not going to blame some imaginary person (Emily) for fucking something up or isn't doing their job. At the end of the day, no one but a few avid fans really care about every freakin' remix and edit to be included in these digital/streaming updates.  It doesn't change anything regarding Madonna's catalog, because as long as the recognizable song is available in whatever mix is available, most rational people don't freak out it's not the same mix as the video or it's not the 7 inch edit.  No one cares about that and again, it's only something a rabid fan really cares about.  And even most rabid fans don't care either. :laughing:

Well then her team shouldn't mislabel the standard mix to the vinyl exclusive mix tag because people will get illusions for nothing 

If they are not gonna release the groove mix or standard orbit remix at least release the real alternate one

"It was a perfect illusion" - Lady Gaga, 2016

53 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Well then her team shouldn't mislabel the standard mix to the vinyl exclusive mix tag because people will get illusions for nothing 

If they are not gonna release the groove mix or standard orbit remix at least release the real alternate one

"It was a perfect illusion" - Lady Gaga, 2016

"HER TEAM" has nothing to do with that.  But again, something like that is so trivial.  No one other than a rabid fan would even notice or care about that. 

Not sure why Lady Gaga needs to be brought into this. But since you mentioned her, I now want to listen to her Born This Way album.   Thanks for the reminder.  (inserts my grills) :party:

17 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Exactly. It's so beyond niche

It is.  I don't know anyone beyond a few people here who cares about having every single mix and edit.  Most people encountering her catalog or her songs, just navigate to the title and listen.  No one really cares if it's a certain or specific version.  Only die hard fans pay more attention to this and as said, not even most of us care so much to get so upset over a certain remix or edit that never was released commercially, which doesn't get included on these digital/streaming updates.  I'm just happy to see that much of her commercial released catalog is being made available.  But it's not the end of the world, if it isn't. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW