Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

The reason why lenght is different is because of the way cds were mastered, since the files on Something to remember were from different sources to homogenize the album they had to use a higher bitrate which can cause some tracks to get slower. This is due to lens of the players being programmed to read at a unique speed. It's very obvious on You Can Dance, the tracks are slower than their original speed. So I'll Remember is the same cut but the uploaded file is not from cd source, probably master.

Yeah Something To Remember was entirely "remastered". In fact, that’s the case for every greatest hits album where the songs come from different eras. 

I didn’t know about the technicalities, so thank you for educating us on that! 🥰

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

The reason why lenght is different is because of the way cds were mastered, since the files on Something to remember were from different sources to homogenize the album they had to use a higher bitrate which can cause some tracks to get slower. This is due to lens of the players being programmed to read at a unique speed. It's very obvious on You Can Dance, the tracks are slower than their original speed. So I'll Remember is the same cut but the uploaded file is not from cd source, probably master.

So I'll Remember on Something To Remember is the same version as With Honors Soundtrack and the one released on Spotify?

18 hours ago, MPowered said:

Sadly, I think they will be cause every pre-1989 re-issue has been remastered. 🥲

Not quite. Strangely, "La Isla Bonita" is the only one of the pre-1989 singles that wasn't remastered. Neither was You Can Dance Single Edits, but that one's classified as an album. Plenty of other un-remastered albums out there. 

23 hours ago, steady75 said:

Into The Groove has actually had a lot of stuff on its various formats 

• "Into the Groove" (Single Version) – 4:43
  • "Shoo-Bee-Doo" (LP Version) – 5:16
  • "Physical Attraction" (Single Edit) – 3:55
  • "Who's That Girl" (Extended Version) – 6:29
  • "Causing a Commotion" (Silver Screen Mix) – 6:39
  • "Into the Groove" (Extended Remix) – 8:31
  • "Into the Groove" (Remix Dub) – 6:22
  • "Everybody" (Extended Remix) – 7:06
  • "Everybody" (LP Version) – 4:52
  • Into The Hollywood Groove

I so hope it gets its only release and isn't lumped in with Angel as this artwork is just too Iconic. 

Madonna_-_Into_the_Groove.png

I feel like they HAVE to release "Into The Groove" on it's own. It's such a classic, not just a Madonna classic. And it was released as it's own single in several countries, so it's not like they'd really be revising history or anything. 

Ok, so officially, the only difference between the Orbit Remix and the Orbit Alternative Remix is the length? Are there other differences in terms of production? Im not noticing any. Just wondering what the point of releasing two very similar mixes and calling on "Alternate" when, really, theres just no fade out.

Same thing with the Beach and Groove mixes? What the hell are the differences?

Also, anyone notice distorsions in the Groove Mix in some points at 1:43 and 4:03?

Just now, PaperFaces said:

Ok, so officially, the only difference between the Orbit Remix and the Orbit Alternative Remix is the length? Are there other differences in terms of production? Im not noticing any. Just wondering what the point of releasing two very similar mixes and calling on "Alternate" when, really, theres just no fade out.

It's an alternate version, anyway. Maybe he submitted them that way and they were kept and filed as such?

4 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Orbit Remix is alternate for me and the Orbit Remix on the CD is the edit or Radio Version of the remix for me 

Orbit Remix on the CD has less bass or sounds and is shorter for me it's the radio version of the Orbit Remix and the standard ver is the Alternate one for me

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Also, anyone notice distorsions in the Groove Mix in some points at 1:43 and 4:03?

He just made a post about it 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4V4H2ms-nT/?igsh=Y3dmNmtsd3ptZWlt

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Tough Call GIF by Vogue México y Latinoamérica

Meryl Streep GIF

8 minutes ago, Jackie said:

But also - there's a much more out there perhaps unreleased mix of I'll Remember that he had done - we need to track that down!

My Aussie friend, I take the opportunity to thank you for your warning point you gave me yesterday - I really crossed a line and took a wrong path and I recognize that, I ask sorry to all Infiniters and the deceased person's family for my gross joke - a sane person must know the limit when it comes to mock people who aren't even unable to defend themselves. I will measure better my wording because the least I wanna do here is to sound disrespectful esp to people who haven't earned anything to deserve such treatment. It's not a question of fixing a mistake, but of putting ethics and empathy above any desire of being "edgy" when in fact there's no class to such "edgy" attitude. My sincere apologies with my whole heart.

8 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

My Aussie friend, I take the opportunity to thank you for your warning point you gave me yesterday - I really crossed a line and took a wrong path and I recognize that, I ask sorry to all Infiniters and the deceased person's family for my gross joke - a sane person must know the limit when it comes to mock people who aren't even unable to defend themselves. I will measure better my wording because the least I wanna do here is to sound disrespectful esp to people who haven't earned anything to deserve such treatment. It's not a question of fixing a mistake, but of putting ethics and empathy above any desire of being "edgy" when in fact there's no class to such "edgy" attitude. My sincere apologies with my whole heart.

Thank you so much for this comment!

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW