Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

33 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

What’s everyone’s most wanted single on streaming?

mine is Causing A Commotion

Second placed is Dress You Up

I think that if it wasn’t for this singles campaign, they would have done a 40th anniversary digital album for Like A Virgin, and we’d have got Angel and Dress You Up 12” mixes at last that way instead

if Live To Tell does appear this week, I reckon they will follow the anniversaries and do Papa, True Blue and Open this year too. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the 80's singles/mixes that haven't been added yet.  Causing A Commotion most definitely! But I also can't wait for all the True Blue singles/mixes to get added as well as the rest of the LAV singles. :Madonna013:

9 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I really hope that they use the Yellow CD for the Who's that girl digital single! 

Joking

It seems they are not really sourcing any of these mixes from officially released CDs but rather from in-house reference CDs. Some of them were likely sourced from pretty recent in-house compilations remastered for potential boxsets sometime between 2003-2009.

The I'll Remember single is definitely a mix of different sources.

11 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It seems they are not really sourcing any of these mixes from officially released CDs but rather from in-house reference CDs. Some of them were likely sourced from pretty recent in-house compilations remastered for potential boxsets sometime between 2003-2009.

The I'll Remember single is definitely a mix of different sources.

Yep, these are not sourced from the Yellow CDs or even the original CD masters for album versions. I've said it before, but for some reason Warner don't seem to use CD rips as source for their digital versions (other labels definitely do with old back catalogue releases), in most cases with Madonna they seem to be tape transfers? In the singles there were some promo CD and vinyl rips, though.

10 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

I think that if it wasn’t for this singles campaign, they would have done a 40th anniversary digital album for Like A Virgin, and we’d have got Angel and Dress You Up 12” mixes at last that way instead

if Live To Tell does appear this week, I reckon they will follow the anniversaries and do Papa, True Blue and Open this year too. 

1. Who's That Girl

2. Causing a Commotion

3. Like a Virgin

4. Dress You up

5. Live To Tell

6. Papa Don't Preach

7. Open Your Heart

8. Cherish

9. This Used To Be My Playground

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Yep, these are not sourced from the Yellow CDs or even the original CD masters for album versions. I've said it before, but for some reason Warner don't seem to use CD rips as source for their digital versions (other labels definitely do with old back catalogue releases), in most cases with Madonna they seem to be tape transfers? In the singles there were some promo CD and vinyl rips, though.

Definitely not tape or vinyl sources. They are digitally sourced.

Madonna's entire back catalogue including all official mixes/versions have been digitalized by Warner over the years, most likely in preparation for the cancelled 2003 anthology box set and then later for Celebration.

A lot of the reference CDs have made their way onto Ebay and Discogs but by far not all of them. It’s more likely that the mixes are sourced from there. For the songs from the first three albums, they seemingly have the multitracks and masters ready which is why we have gotten remastered versions for those.

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Definitely not tape or vinyl sources. They are digitally sourced.

Madonna's entire back catalogue including all official mixes/versions have been digitalized by Warner over the years, most likely in preparation for the cancelled 2003 anthology box set and then later for Celebration.

A lot of the reference CDs have made their way onto Ebay and Discogs but by far not all of them. It’s more likely that the mixes are sourced from there. For the songs from the first three albums, they seemingly have the multitracks and masters ready which is why we have gotten remastered versions for those.

Of course they're digitalized files - but transferred from the original tapes. That's what I meant. They don't use commercial CDs already released by them in the past as source (which is the easy way and what other labels do for old releases, just rip the old CD and go).

And honestly I don't know if the remasters we've got for songs of the first three albums are done with multitracks but I'd say no. "Material Girl" 2024 is terrible.

44 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Die Another Day just for the radio edit and Causing for the single remix. 

I actually think the Dress You Up, True Blue and Open Your Heart album versions are  the more iconic and better sounding mixes. 

die another day, causing a commotion and dress you up are some of my fav.........

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Die Another Day just for the radio edit and Causing for the single remix. 

I actually think the Dress You Up, True Blue and Open Your Heart album versions are  the more iconic and better sounding mixes. 

Frankly, I don’t care about better/worse versions. I just want my collection to be complete (and from digital source cause I despise vinyl and MC rips)!

Open Your Heart is kinda the only 7" mix from the 80s we still don't have.

17 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

The original Crazy For You, then Open Your Heart with the 7” remix, then the Die Another Day remixes :hearteyes:

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

lol can’t see it hen. 
maybe the odd update for the digital era singles but I think anything else will be reedition material 

We'll see. I can definitely say that all the leftovers from the Erotica era won't fit on a single disc. I don't think the proper re-editions will be digital only. Therefore, I think an EP of left-over mixes, dubs or just a few more EPs for certain singles is still a possibility.

Check my pinned post. I've added an overview of everything that was left off. It's definitely too much for the re-release, especially with demos, outtakes and rarities also being teased.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW