Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, tscott said:

The thing is; all the official versions of Holiday are already available on their respected albums digitally and streaming.  Not saying there isn't some rare edit that some want, but other than just having an individual digital/streaming for show, it really isn't necessary. 

That said; The original 6:08 version from the Debut album needs to be put back on the digital and streaming platforms for that album.  For the life of me, I am baffled why they replaced the debut album streaming/digital platforms with a 3 minute version.  If anything, that should be among a digital and streaming individual release as a "single edit".  

Weren't all the La Isla Bonita mixes available on streaming..and Borderline or am I getting it twisted? 

edit. La Isla remix edit wasn't.

12 hours ago, tscott said:

And as I stated,

But the Immaculate Collection comes close to that edit. 

Absolutely not because it is mixed differently. It sounds different.

The 7" Edit of Holiday isn’t rare. It's just rare to find on digital source. This "you need to stop crying over rare edits“ talk is so dumb because the only point in releasing these singles to streaming, is to get her fans to either buy them or stream them. They won’t get the majority on board if there is nothing on there for collectors.

11 hours ago, steady75 said:

Weren't all the La Isla Bonita mixes available on streaming..and Borderline or am I getting it twisted? 

edit. La Isla remix edit wasn't.

Yeah they released the single JUST for the edit but the idiots forgot to add the other remaining mix: The Edit Instrumental cause they can't get it right once. 🙈

Borderline only has 1/3 versions from its original single release included on that stupid digital release. They changed the labels a hundred times too cause they probably realized that they messed up.

23 hours ago, tscott said:

I understand it's on the Celebration album and I'm sure that is why the digital and streaming platforms replaced the original album with the shorter version.  Still, the original album should stay in tact on streaming and digital platforms as it was originally released.  Therefore, it would make more sense to release individual digital/streaming releases with the 7 inches/edits, etc.

I always wonder why they don't do the singles even if all are in them on streaming,y know cover art and promo

We need to use playlists as singles nowadays:Madonna017:

That's why I got so excited when physical attraction got a single release in burning up,because it gave promo and cover art

19 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I always wonder why they don't do the singles even if all are in them on streaming,y know cover art and promo

We need to use playlists as singles nowadays:Madonna017:

That's why I got so excited when physical attraction got a single release in burning up,because it gave promo and cover art

To me, it seems a bit pointless unless they include different produced versions, such as remixes or alternate versions.  Other than that, why not just go to particular album, and listen to the song?  I'm all for playlists for the different versions of the songs, but again, I don't need a 7 inch edit or a fade out to the same song already available.  For instance, the 7 Inch single version of Express Yourself and Keep It Together are different from the album versions. So I can understand, making those available on digital and streaming platforms, but I don't need a fade out or edit of those same productions.  It seems pretty pointless to get upset if those aren't always included in these digital releases.  No one but some hardcore fans will even care.  Anyone from the GP, going to listen to Madonna, isn't going to say, "ooooh, I need to hear the 7 inch fade out of Vogue".  They just search for the song and play it. Most aren't paying attention to any differences the edits have.

24 minutes ago, tscott said:

To me, it seems a bit pointless unless they include different produced versions, such as remixes or alternate versions.  Other than that, why not just go to particular album, and listen to the song?  I'm all for playlists for the different versions of the songs, but again, I don't need a 7 inch edit or a fade out to the same song already available.  For instance, the 7 Inch single version of Express Yourself and Keep It Together are different from the album versions. So I can understand, making those available on digital and streaming platforms, but I don't need a fade out or edit of those same productions.  It seems pretty pointless to get upset if those aren't always included in these digital releases.  No one but some hardcore fans will even care.  Anyone from the GP, going to listen to Madonna, isn't going to say, "ooooh, I need to hear the 7 inch fade out of Vogue".  They just search for the song and play it. Most aren't paying attention to any differences the edits have.

Once again: It’s literally to have every commercially released version of the songs available. I know it may not be for you and may never be able to understand it but let me try to break it down for you:

1. Madonna fans are lazy streamers. They prefer to have their files stored locally or on CDs/vinyl. You know…fans like you and me. In order for her to increase her streaming numbers and to actually make more money in the long run, her fans need to be convinced to move to streaming. That is only possible if the catalogue there is satisfactory enough for us to leave our local file collection behind.

2. In the long run, she doesn’t make more money through physical sales or releases. They are bought ONCE and from then on people listen to them on their CD players or turntables. Does she actually make any money every time someone listens to her music on their CD player? No. Streaming is forever. The files are accessible to EVERYONE and they most likely won’t disappear over night. Every play of a track in her catalogue = money FOREVER.

3. Resold CD singles, promo items, reference CDs etc. are just as much of a money loss for her as file sharing. The money that is made through the sales of out of print or promo material is not going into her pockets. Most of her stuff except for a few rare vinyl only versions and promo versions are available on forums like this. So, by giving us something that we don’t have access to, we are most likely more keen on finally moving to streaming. It’s obviously a matter of taste but it’s definitely the most easy way of music consumption.

4. Madonna is a legacy act. She can’t rely on airplay to get her music out and she most definitely won’t have any big hits anymore. Therefore her focus has significantly shifted towards legacy stuff (Greatest hits tour, re-issue, biopic, etc.).

Since that is the time we’re in now, it is our damn right to demand proper and complete re-issues for singles and albums (as announced). Mariah has done it, Janet has dine it too to a certain extent and hell…EVEN J.Lo has re-issued singles from one of her albums with ALL versions and edits included. Why can’t the biggest female artist of all time???

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Once again: It’s literally to have every commercially released version of the songs available. I know it may not be for you and may never be able to understand it but let me try to break it down for you:

1. Madonna fans are lazy streamers. They prefer to have their files stored locally or on CDs/vinyl. You know…fans like you and me. In order for her to increase her streaming numbers and to actually make more money in the long run, her fans need to be convinced to move to streaming. That is only possible if the catalogue there is satisfactory enough for us to leave our local file collection behind.

2. In the long run, she doesn’t make more money through physical sales or releases. They are bought ONCE and from then on people listen to them on their CD players or turntables. Does she actually make any money every time someone listens to her music on their CD player? No. Streaming is forever. The files are accessible to EVERYONE and they most likely won’t disappear over night. Every play of a track in her catalogue = money FOREVER.

3. Resold CD singles, promo items, reference CDs etc. are just as much of a money loss for her as file sharing. The money that is made through the sales of out of print or promo material is not going into her pockets. Most of her stuff except for a few rare vinyl only versions and promo versions are available on forums like this. So, by giving us something that we don’t have access to, we are most likely more keen on finally moving to streaming. It’s obviously a matter of taste but it’s definitely the most easy way of music consumption.

4. Madonna is a legacy act. She can’t rely on airplay to get her music out and she most definitely won’t have any big hits anymore. Therefore her focus has significantly shifted towards legacy stuff (Greatest hits tour, re-issue, biopic, etc.).

Since that is the time we’re in now, it is our damn right to demand proper and complete re-issues for singles and albums (as announced). Mariah has done it, Janet has dine it too to a certain extent and hell…EVEN J.Lo has re-issued singles from one of her albums with ALL versions and edits included. Why can’t the biggest female artist of all time???

Hasn’t she done this for the past 2 years though? 
I think the slow rollout is intended though. This way each ep gets more spotlight and she appears more often in people’s recommendations and radars and such. 
It’s also interesting that for a while they were releasing rare promo stuff and then it suddenly stopped. I assume they made a marketing plan to milk more money/promotion from these rare remixes down the line

11 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Hasn’t she done this for the past 2 years though? 
I think the slow rollout is intended though. This way each ep gets more spotlight and she appears more often in people’s recommendations and radars and such. 
It’s also interesting that for a while they were releasing rare promo stuff and then it suddenly stopped. I assume they made a marketing plan to milk more money/promotion from these rare remixes down the line

I have to agree.  It's possible they saw how much people got excited about providing some of the rarer mixes, so they may have thought, there was a better way to profit from it.  Even holding back, gives her an opportunity in the future to have something later to share from the back catalog.  It's all business and strategies which honestly as fans, I don't think we should fret over.  We should just enjoy the music while it's there.  :)

On 6/16/2023 at 11:16 PM, PaperFaces said:

But what is she saving them for???

I dont want to be enjoying these when im 80 or when Madonna is dead.

Good God! It’s been too damn long already.

Exactly x10000

…..is there even another “legacy” act in existence that has such an under exploited back catalogue as Madonna???

On 6/16/2023 at 10:12 PM, MPowered said:

Sorry but point 2 is not true. While she needs fans to move onto streaming too, and she's already there now, physical is really where the true money is. Streaming is convenient and needed for image and exposure in this monthly listeners world but not way gives the artists the same money as physical. Big box sets is where the money is. That's why even minor acts release 15th, 20th, 25th anniversary editions now.

Look at "Finally Enough Love". That's the blueprint.

They want us to still buy the physical AND also stream.

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I kinda wished they release a Fever single individually due to the cover art,I mean it's not bad but definitely it's hard when you want to give your family the song or play in it public you have to definitely hide the screen

I know I feel entitled to this but it's a wish

Why would you need to hide the screen? 

11 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why would you need to hide the screen? 

Well because it has that NFSW photoshoot,and in public it's better to hide the device player screen or the cover art will reveal

Homever at the end I am acting entitled when I just can use the remixology files or just not feel entitled to break the U.S release

Some just want it all.  No other artist has their whole catalog up on streaming/digital including promos, edits of singles or 7 inches, etc.  Some here may think other wise with certain artists, but not even Elvis, the Beatles or Michael Jackson has everything up digitally/streaming.  Madonna has most of her catalog up for digital and streaming. I agree there are a lot of her remixes and some unrealeased material that haa been released physically, is not available on streaming, but the majority of her catalog that has been always available to the general public is available digitally.  No one beyond some hard core fans cares about the 7 inch edit, fade out of any of her songs that was once promotional or physically available.  Her legacy is clearly available on the internet.  It may not be as perfect as some hard core fans want, but it's available. Anything more, only appeals to some hard core fans.  I totally understand some fans want it "ALL", but no other artist has eveything they've done available digitally or streaming.  Even today, we keep finding more and more Beatle's rare songs, incomplete, being completed by AI.  But I'm sure there is so many more mixes, demos, etc, never been available to the public. 

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Well because it has that NFSW photoshoot,and in public it's better to hide the device player screen or the cover art will reveal

Homever at the end I am acting entitled when I just can use the remixology files or just not feel entitled to break the U.S release

Which single has a nsfw cover? 
as far as I remember no Madonna covers are nsfw

46 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Which single has a nsfw cover? 
as far as I remember no Madonna covers are nsfw

I'm sure he's speaking of this which was used for some promotional releases for Fever which was officially released as the Bad Girl cover.  But I don't see it being NSFW. 

D_NQ_NP_677618-MLM48747257631_012022-O.w

Other than that Fever officially was released with this cover in many regions:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Even more rare:

MADONNA_FEVER-15542.jpg

13 hours ago, tscott said:

Some just want it all.  No other artist has their whole catalog up on streaming/digital including promos, edits of singles or 7 inches, etc.  Some here may think other wise with certain artists, but not even Elvis, the Beatles or Michael Jackson has everything up digitally/streaming.  Madonna has most of her catalog up for digital and streaming. I agree there are a lot of her remixes and some unrealeased material that haa been released physically, is not available on streaming, but the majority of her catalog that has been always available to the general public is available digitally.  No one beyond some hard core fans cares about the 7 inch edit, fade out of any of her songs that was once promotional or physically available.  Her legacy is clearly available on the internet.  It may not be as perfect as some hard core fans want, but it's available. Anything more, only appeals to some hard core fans.  I totally understand some fans want it "ALL", but no other artist has eveything they've done available digitally or streaming.  Even today, we keep finding more and more Beatle's rare songs, incomplete, being completed by AI.  But I'm sure there is so many more mixes, demos, etc, never been available to the public. 

Mariah Carey would like to have a word.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW