MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Moderator is deleting my posts? That user has posted the same thing about me and I have screenshots that I will post. Enough of the double standards around here.

Why don’t you send me a PM if you have an issue with my posts or tell the spammer/instigator to ignore me, the way you guys tell me to ignore him.

And when I report him, I’m just told to ignore him, but nothing happens. They complain about something they have said to me on here and my post gets deleted? Really?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Which Moderator is deleting my posts? That user has posted the same thing about me and I have screenshots that I will post. Enough of the double standards around here.

Why don’t you send me a PM if you have an issue with my posts or tell the spammer/instigator to ignore me, the way you guys tell me to ignore him.

And when I report him, I’m just told to ignore him, but nothing happens. They complain about something they have said to me on here and my post gets deleted? Really?

Thanks!

The problem is, you do not ignore. You ignore ME when I ask you to ignore people you do not like. And then you indirectly engage with this user all over the forum. 

You need to take responsibility for your own actions, for your part. You are wasting your time, you are wasting all the mods’ time and frankly everyone on the forums time. 

if you need to report something, use the report function.  

You need to cease interacting either directly or indirectly with people you do not like. Cease referencing people you do not like. You have agreed to these terms privately and then proceeded to continue. 

6 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

The problem is, you do not ignore. You ignore ME when I ask you to ignore people you do not like. And then you indirectly engage with this user all over the forum. 

You need to take responsibility for your own actions, for your part. You are wasting your time, you are wasting all the mods’ time and frankly everyone on the forums time. 

if you need to report something, use the report function.  

You need to cease interacting either directly or indirectly with people you do not like. Cease referencing people you do not like. You have agreed to these terms privately and then proceeded to continue. 

They do the same to me and I am a grown adult so I do not need to report him because I already have and I’m told to ignore.

I don’t engage with him at all.

He follows ME around posting things referring to things I had just mentioned like about the Madam X blu-ray.

Please tell that user to ignore me and we won’t have any issues on this board. I am not breaking any rules.

I preceded to do the same thing they are doing, but I have yet to see that member called out publicly once.

I’ve been called out publicly multiple times.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Please tell that user to ignore me and we won’t have any issues on this board. 

This is the word I will hold you to. I like you as a member, so I would really hate that you can’t control yourself enough to not get warnings for small insignificant things. It isn’t worth it. 

@tscott please ignore @BuggedOut and anyone else you do not like.  No interaction, directly or indirectly. 

1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

This is the word I will hold you to. I like you as a member, so I would really hate that you can’t control yourself enough to not get warnings for small insignificant things. It isn’t worth it. 

@tscott please ignore @BuggedOut and anyone else you do not like.  No interaction, directly or indirectly. 

Thank you! Finally!

Much appreciated. :luv:

Just now, RUADJAI said:

Not a problem!  :)

21 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

My take, and this is obviously just guesswork on my part (maybe even some wishful thinking), but I'm guessing that the initial plan was to announce the tour, then announce the first reissue on the actual 40th anniversary date, then to begin the tour in August.  Obviously her illness changed those plans, and while I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't still have at least announced the first set then, which makes me suspect that it may be because her health was worse than we may have been led to believe.

Your theory makes sense.  The marketing wouldn't be as strong with a box set just thrown out on its own while Madonna is recovering. Remember, with FEL they did a whole launch with the Pride performance, Madonna posting about it endlessly, other merchandise, videos uploaded to YouTube etc.

It is also quite unusual that there was absolutely nothing whatsoever. Erotica, ROL and even American Life all had merchandise and stuff to "celebrate" it. Madonna 40 got absolutely nothing. It seems very unlikely they would not milk that. The tour is part of that 40 year celebration so surely there was merch for the album itself coming to tie in with it all. If not a box set, at least the usual crap they've done for the others.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Your theory makes sense.  The marketing wouldn't be as strong with a box set just thrown out on its own while Madonna is recovering. Remember, with FEL they did a whole launch with the Pride performance, Madonna posting about it endlessly, other merchandise, videos uploaded to YouTube etc.

It is also quite unusual that there was absolutely nothing whatsoever. Erotica, ROL and even American Life all had merchandise and stuff to "celebrate" it. Madonna 40 got absolutely nothing. It seems very unlikely they would not milk that. The tour is part of that 40 year celebration so surely there was merch for the album itself coming to tie in with it all. If not a box set, at least the usual crap they've done for the others.

I really do hope we get something.

I am sure that we will.

It's kinda dawned on me as odd as it may sounds, but maybe the first album isn't considered a Landmark album?  Let's think about this?  Like A Virgin is the album that really catapulted her into mega stardom.   So maybe they are saving the first re-issue for 2024 with Like A Virgin.  If you think about it, it probably would attract more attention if they started with that album.  Of course, it's just my opinion.  Though, maybe they are being far more particular than what the fans think as "landmark".   I do think her first album deserves some attention, but let's be realistic, that album didn't put her on the map. It was Like A Virgin.  But there is no argument that her debut album definitely laid the grounding work. :)

19 minutes ago, tscott said:

It's kinda dawned on me as odd as it may sounds, but maybe the first album isn't considered a Landmark album?  Let's think about this?  Like A Virgin is the album that really catapulted her into mega stardom.   So maybe they are saving the first re-issue for 2024 with Like A Virgin.  If you think about it, it probably would attract more attention if they started with that album.  Of course, it's just my opinion.  Though, maybe they are being far more particular than what the fans think as "landmark".   I do think her first album deserves some attention, but let's be realistic, that album didn't put her on the map. It was Like A Virgin.  But there is no argument that her debut album definitely laid the grounding work. :)

Or maybe they are waiting for the 40th anniversary of Madame X in 2059

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I said something about this recently. Only one of those 3 could in any way be considered a “landmark”. The other 2 at best are underperforming fan favorites. But she’s spoken highly of them over the years. And we all know she’s always been dismissive of her debut, no matter how beloved it is or that it has 3 of her most iconic hits.

Silly as it may seem, maybe she only allows the merchandising to be trotted out for the albums she personally likes or thinks are worthy of it, regardless of their success. All this one got were tshirts for the Everybody rerelease.

2 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I said something about this recently. Of those 3 albums only one could in any way be considered a “landmark”. The other 2 at best are underperforming fan favorites. But she’s spoken highly of them over the years. And we all know she’s always been dismissive of her debut, no matter how highly regarded it is or that it has 3 of her most beloved hits.

Silly as it may seem, maybe she only allows the merchandising to be trotted out for the albums she personally likes or thinks are worthwhile, regardless of their success. All this one got were tshirts for the Everybody rerelease.

I personally feel there is more to it than that.  Let's remember, the Warner deal did say there was others over seeing the re-issues.  Obviously, I don't disagree she may not have input in what is being done and possibly released, but Warner has always suggested, insisted and even released things beyond her approval.  But it's possible the record company is working on these re-issues based on what they consider "landmark".  From there, she may or may not agree or approve to what is being released. 

At this point, I can't say what is going on with the re-issues, but I'm sure it's being worked on to some capacity.  It will happen at some point.  It's just possible that the first album may not be considered "landmark" by the record company.  While devoted fans like us may take issue with that, the fact is "Like A Virgin" was the album that truly put her on the map.  It's quite possible they are waiting for that anniversary to start the re-issues. 

But I recognize by saying that, I'm just trying to justify why none of her albums have gotten the deluxe re-issue yet.  All the while, being this is a discussion forum, I think it's fair to explore other possibilities.   Might as well since nothing official is being shared anyway.  Nothing wrong with sharing what could possibly happen... or not.  LOL!

Every anniversary fans anticipate a box set and then when it doesn’t happen we sit here trying to make up reasons why that may be. The latest was “she is obviously going to start with her first album.” Now it’s “maybe she’s starting with Like a Virgin.”

The First Album may not be landmark but ROL certainly is and nothing happened for that either.

Of course all these theories are plausible. But I think anticipating anything at this point is a bit painful for a lot of fans. Better to just wait and see. I’m sure the tour will be taking precedence over any release though at the moment.

18 minutes ago, tscott said:

I think that's overthinking it, who knows what they are thinking at this point, likely not much). A token for the first 40th was not too much to expect and if it was something via the tour that's only accessible to a fraction of fans. They did not hold up any physical releases

Imagine [if only just for fun] if M and her team bewilder us all in the best way possible, by having comprehensive eye-popping box sets for all 14 studio albums available for sale at the merch stands when The Celebration Tour opens. Envision a shelf lined with all 14 sets, displayed in full opulent beauty at every concert for her legions of fans to purchase in droves. :luv:

The only problem is I'd have to attend 14 tour dates to meticulously transport each box home with their utmost safety in mind :om:

1 hour ago, cyberrage said:

I think that's overthinking it, who knows what they are thinking at this point, likely not much). A token for the first 40th was not too much to expect and if it was something via the tour that's only accessible to a fraction of fans. They did not hold up any physical releases

But not entirely impossible.  As much as I get further and further away from in defending this Warner deal, I guess there is a little part of me still trying to rationalize what's going on here.  It's all in fun and of course, I recognize it's simply wishful thinking!  :)