MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

17 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

These are referring to rare edits and dubs like Fever edit one, etc. Rhino even stated recently that they have been taking digging up these very edits etc. for inclusion in upcoming album reissues. There is nothing about including demos. That was all fan myth.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I disagree. Everybody isn't a new release. It's got the same track listing as the original 12" from 1982.
New cover, yes, but it's not a new release in my book.

Same thing with Madonna/ The First Album. It's the same music, only the cover is different.

Still, Warner couldn't even change the cover before the new deal. That's the point. 

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m not the only one complaining here ….

You could have fooled me. As someone else posted, you live in this thread, complaining about the same untruths you keep spinning over and over.  For instance:

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes I live in this thread because im a fan ? Duh and this campaign was the most exciting thing to happen to us old fans but so far it’s been vinyl vinyl vinyl and all the same old crap we’ve had for decades -? Nothing new ? I’m not the only person who is moaning about this 🤔🙄

You keep spinning this narrative that the deal has been nothing but "Vinyl" and nothing "new" which is completely untrue. 

American Life Mix Show (NEW RSD Release)

Finally Enough Love (NEW on ALL formats)

Who's That Girl/Causing A Commotion (Sorta New/Re-issue on Vinyl RSD)

Madame X Live (NEW first digitally/streaming and now Vinyl)

Erotica Picture Disc (Re-issue on Vinyl, but available on all formats)

Everybody Single (Re-issue on Vinyl/made available to streaming/digital platforms)

The countless streaming and digital remixes/eps/albums of many of her singles

Just to note, RSD releases are supposed to be exclusive/limited releases, usually only on Vinyl

While one can argue that FEL and AL Mix Show have versions that have been available for "decades", but that's not entirely true.

You keep dismissing what really has been happening here, just because you do not much like the output so far.  You're free to feel this way, but don't spin it to fit your narrative, claiming "nothing new" or it's only "vinyl".   That's just a complete lie.

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Well this basically tells us much of what we've been wondering about quite clearly! This is certainly not just their interpretation of the press release. This article has quotes/interview from Madonna herself, meaning they got this information from her/her team. Media companies don't just write random shit about releases if they have the artist/team themselves available for comment. They were given that information directly.

This part is most definitely not quoting Madonna, nor anyone official.  This is simply paraphrasing what the press statement stated. In fact, all through that actual interview she doesn't even speak of the Warner deal in this context:

PAPER Magazine:

"Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at the-mouth hysteria."

If anyone is thinking this confirms we are getting unreleased and/or demos, then I expect you're probably going to be disappointed.

That being said; like many of us have stated in this thread, it would be crazy just to re-issue the albums with the original tracks with nothing extra. Besides, that wouldn't be considered "expansive" or "deluxe" either.  So it's not impossible for fans to think demos/unreleased tracks will be included. Though, it doesn't mean we will get such.

39 minutes ago, McDonna said:

This part is most definitely not quoting Madonna, nor anyone official.  This is simply paraphrasing what the press statement stated. In fact, all through that actual interview she doesn't even speak of the Warner deal in this context:

If anyone is thinking this confirms we are getting unreleased and/or demos, then I expect you're probably going to be disappointed.

That being said; like many of us have stated in this thread, it would be crazy just to re-issue the albums with the original tracks with nothing extra. Besides, that wouldn't be considered "expansive" or "deluxe" either.  So it's not impossible for fans to think demos/unreleased tracks will be included. Though, it doesn't mean we will get such.

On top of that I have never even heard of that newspaper. No one ever confirmed more than getting rare edits and mixes. No demos were ever even discussed to be released. And that newspaper article doesn’t even mention demos. 

Fan made up that 40th anniversary release thing. Also, Madonna hates Jellybean as someone mentioned before. A deluxe reissue would give him lots of credit and more money in the bank. So I am sure she does not want that.

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The WTG Ep was also a new release, same for Everybody since it was released with a different cover. The only thing that could have been released under her old contract is probably the Erotica picture disc, but even that since it wasn’t actually released in 1992 maybe needed her ok. 

The WTG Supermix EP was announced for Japan and then shelved in the last minute. This is what it would have included. Even the original artwork remains intact. 
My point is, I’m happy for collectors who love these re-issues but I was hoping that the 2021 announcement meant that we were going to include some never before heard mixes, alternative takes and demos/songs. So far we got nada. What else could personally curated deluxe editions mean?

3 minutes ago, BradleyPratt said:

Prince's estate just reminded everyone (once again) how a super deluxe edition of an album should be done. Amazing.

https://store.prince.com/dept/diamonds-and-pearls

Sure. And I love it. But let's not forget he's dead and they can do whatever they want, really.

Not Madonna's case, fortunately!

52 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

On top of that I have never even heard of that newspaper. No one ever confirmed more than getting rare edits and mixes. No demos were ever even discussed to be released. And that newspaper article doesn’t even mention demos. 

Fan made up that 40th anniversary release thing. Also, Madonna hates Jellybean as someone mentioned before. A deluxe reissue would give him lots of credit and more money in the bank. So I am sure she does not want that.

Paper Magazine had the Kim Kardashian champagne pic cover that "broke the internet" in 2014.  It's definitely a reputable publication.

10 minutes ago, BradleyPratt said:

Prince's estate just reminded everyone (once again) how a super deluxe edition of an album should be done. Amazing.

https://store.prince.com/dept/diamonds-and-pearls

Let's remember when Prince was alive, he was very reluctant to release things to the degree they are now releasing of his. Also, Madonna will never have such extensive and rare releases like Prince has.   If that man wasn't on stage, he was in the studio always recording.  What Prince had and Madonna still has, is control over their music.

The plain fact is that nothing has been confirmed for these--no remixes, no rare edits, no demos, no unreleased.  Nothing.  The only thing we know are that they're preparing expanded deluxe versions of her albums.  

With that said, I can't imagine that they're just going to slap a few remixes and edits on these things and call it a day.  If they want these to be a success, they need to get the fan base behind these and enthusiastic about them, and the only way that's going to happen is if we get some actual rare and unreleased material.  "That one promo-only edit that was released in Brazil that's 13 seconds shorter" isn't gonna cut it with the majority of us, and they know that.  Madonna hasn't survived 40 year in this business by being stupid, so maybe all you doubters could try to have a little faith?  And a little patience?  Yeah, waiting sucks, but it's only been a year since FEL, certainly not enough time for so many of these fools to write this campaign off, even if they do choose to ignore all of the other cool releases they've put out.

1 hour ago, Cyber-Raga said:

The WTG Supermix EP was announced for Japan and then shelved in the last minute. This is what it would have included. Even the original artwork remains intact. 
My point is, I’m happy for collectors who love these re-issues but I was hoping that the 2021 announcement meant that we were going to include some never before heard mixes, alternative takes and demos/songs. So far we got nada. What else could personally curated deluxe editions mean?

I understood that the new artwork was designed in house by M's team  and based on the 1987 UK picture disc of WTG 

Do you have any evidence it was announced in 1987 with the same artwork? 

16 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I understood that the new artwork was designed in house by M's team  and based on the 1987 UK picture disc of WTG 

Do you have any evidence it was announced in 1987 with the same artwork? 

I vividly remember the original picture/artwork and the article discussing the potential 1987 release which was then shelved because of You Can Dance’s release and success. I’m trying to find it. It was posted on another forum. 

6 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I vividly remember the original picture/artwork and the article discussing the potential 1987 release which was then shelved because of You Can Dance’s release and success. I’m trying to find it. It was posted on another forum. 

Ah ok 

The Japan releases ran like this

18 Oct Causing A Commotion

17 Nov You Can Dance (or nearby) 

25 Nov WTG Live laser disc

25 Jan - The Look of Love

25 April - Spotlight

They were saturating the market after the WTG tour - I know the RSD supermix was based on the 1987 WTG picture disc from the UK (even the back cover is the same design) so maybe was made up by someone on another forum as the CAC 12" was out before YCD and they ran parraell campaigns for WTG and YCD etc 

16 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Ah ok 

The Japan releases ran like this

18 Oct Causing A Commotion

17 Nov You Can Dance (or nearby) 

25 Nov WTG Live laser disc

25 Jan - The Look of Love

25 April - Spotlight

They were saturating the market after the WTG tour - I know the RSD supermix was based on the 1987 WTG picture disc from the UK (even the back cover is the same design) so maybe was made up by someone on another forum as the CAC 12" was out before YCD and they ran parraell campaigns for WTG and YCD etc 

This is why 1987 is my fave M year 🥰

5 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

The deluxe editions are the albums, and we are still waiting for those. The press release also mentioned other personal curated editions and we are getting those since last year. 

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

No but you don't get it. It's not paraphrasing the press release, it's paraphrasing what they were told by her team when they surely asked about it for their article. They had her team involved in this article, clearly, to get the interview. This isn't some random publication; it's a reputable magazine with her team on the line. This is how these things work. Yes they didn't type out this answer in the interview section of the article, but that's because they asked it "off camera" so to speak, for informational purposes for their article. So they could write that very paragraph in good faith. This is a common practice in music and pop journalism.

30 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

No but you don't get it. It's not paraphrasing the press release, it's paraphrasing what they were told by her team when they surely asked about it for their article. They had her team involved in this article, clearly, to get the interview. This isn't some random publication; it's a reputable magazine with her team on the line. This is how these things work. Yes they didn't type out this answer in the interview section of the article, but that's because they asked it "off camera" so to speak, for informational purposes for their article. So they could write that very paragraph in good faith. This is a common practice in music and pop journalism.

So you seem to think you know the actual involvement between her and her team of this article.  Okay, we'll just agree to disagree, especially since I never stated it's just a "random publication" nor did I say it wasn't reputable.  What I do know is even the most reputable magazines tend to embellish and make things up. She even addressed this in the 90's regarding her Vanity Fair interview.  Rolling Stone magazine and Billboard have been known to do the same.  At the end of the day, even the most reputable magazine are known to embellish and dish about things that weren't actually said or done and Madonna is aware of that.  Paper magazine may be a reputable magazine but it doesn't mean they aren't known to embellish or paraphrase things. And what I quoted specifically from that article is paraphrasing of the official statement. I guarantee you that. :)

9 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I basically do because anyone with experience in journalism knows that that's the standard practice

Great, then you will know that even the best publications make room to embellish and paraphase.  It's always been this way, and if anything it's worse now then it's ever been.  That said, what they paraphrased isn't too far off from what was stated, but like I mentioned earlier, if people are hoping that demos and unreleased material is being produced for the re-issues based on the PAPER magazine will be extremely disappointed. 

The phrasing of expansive, unheard and rarities has been used a lot by different publications I think - so I don't think it's embellishing. 

But, you cannot read to far into this - the FEL had 'unreleased edits' which could meet the definition of 'unheard' and definitely meets the definition of a rarity.

As mentioned  - we as a community have been lucky to have had a constellation of her demo's from all era's come out - not sure what's left in the vault other then a sprinkling of stuff.

10 minutes ago, Jackie said:

The phrasing of expansive, unheard and rarities has been used a lot by different publications I think - so I don't think it's embellishing.

I agree, but this where I feel Paper magazine began to "embellish" when stating:

which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at the-mouth hysteria.

Some can easily interpret this into previously unreleased songs and demos, while it could also be interpreted as songs being remastered if not edited slightly different from what's already been available much like some of the FEL tracks. 

As you know, I've been one of the few who has been a strong advocate of the Warner deal that was announced two years ago, and while I was hoping for a deluxe re-issue by now, I am still able to differentiate between what was actually stated. The issue that keeps rising is some fans are hoping for the "unreleased " and "demos" when it's never been promise, so they look for any publication to justify that.

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

But, you cannot read to far into this - the FEL had 'unreleased edits' which could meet the definition of 'unheard' and definitely meets the definition of a rarity.

As mentioned  - we as a community have been lucky to have had a constellation of her demo's from all era's come out - not sure what's left in the vault other then a sprinkling of stuff.

Exactly. I think almost everything leaked already. And most of it is not worth releasing officially. It’s interesting in terms of an artifact but it’s all out on YouTube.