MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Caresse convinced her and she was coming from a flop campaign. And yet she had it remixed/updated a bit.

I’m fine with a remixed update demo actually. Also I don’t think she thought that song would have changed the curse of that “flop campaign”. That was Re-Invention 😂

She also released the I Love New York demo. I mean, not saying she will release the 5 versions of Liquid Love we have but even saying she will definitely not release unreleased stuff is not something I believe. 
Again to quote the Paper Magazine article:

Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I’m fine with a remixed update demo actually. Also I don’t think she thought that song would have changed the curse of that “flop campaign”. That was Re-Invention 😂

She also released the I Love New York demo. I mean, not saying she will release the 5 versions of Liquid Love we have but even saying she will definitely not release unreleased stuff is not something I believe. 
Again to quote the Paper Magazine article:

Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

Well, she's smart. And she knows she must offer something for fans to buy them. Plus her revisiting her old pre-Madonna demos and bopping to them while she was writing her biopic should be a good sign.

But I wouldn't expect every single demo ever recorded to be included, that's for sure. She's curating those, so she will include whatever she likes and leave behind what she doesn't, as always.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well, she's smart. And she knows she must offer something for fans to buy them. Plus her revisiting her old pre-Madonna demos and bopping to them while she was writing her biopic should be a good sign.

But I wouldn't expect every single demo ever recorded to be included, that's for sure. She's curating those, so she will include whatever she likes and leave behind what she doesn't, as always.

I think the same, and some demos are better left in the vaults anyway. 

15 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

When was THIS said :eyes:

28 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

But let's remember this isn't necessarily what the Warner press statement stated.  This is "The Paper's" interpretation of that press statement. 

Otherwise, I do agree with pretty much everything you posted.   Also, people tend to change their mind about things as time goes on, so it's not impossible for Madonna to revisit some old demo/unreleased track and think, "why didn't I release that?"  Over all, I feel she treats her albums like a finished painting.  She prefer to keep them in it's original form, rather adding more to it that wasn't originally there.

That all being said; I recall a few years back when she went live on IG, she answered questions submitted to her and she did seem interested in the idea of releasing an album of her demos, etc.  So anything is possible.  :)

5 minutes ago, McDonna said:

But let's remember this isn't necessarily what the Warner press statement stated.  This is "The Paper's" interpretation of that press statement. 

Otherwise, I do agree with pretty much everything you posted.   Also, people tend to change their mind about things as time goes on, so it's not impossible for Madonna to revisit some old demo/unreleased track and think, "why didn't I release that?"  Over all, I feel she treats her albums like a finished painting.  She prefer to keep them in it's original form, rather adding more to it that wasn't originally there.

On the other hand, I recall a few years back when she went live on IG, she answered questions submitted to her and she did seem interested in the idea of releasing an album of her demos, etc.  So anything is possible.  :)

Well it’s more than an interpretation, as the Madonna team probably told that to the journalist since the press release was already a year old at that point. 

The thing is if fans keep buying the same old reissues on dog shit colour vinyl then she ain’t gonna start putting out the expanded releases - it just doesn’t make any sense the strategy so far …. Her and Guy o know what the fans want in terms of demos plus all the video content too - they must be sitting on tones of unreleased stuff so why keep waiting ???

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

Well it’s more than an interpretation, as the Madonna team probably told that to the journalist since the press release was already a year old at that point. 

Nah, I believe they just read the press statement and interpreted the idea that it would

include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

This was not part of the original press statement and it really sounds like they just interpreted it in such a way.  Let's remember even the most legit magazines tend to make shit up that Madonna never said or did.  She's commented about that in the past, specifically mentioning how Vanity Fair made up far more stuff than actually happened.

5 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Nah, I believe they just read the press statement and interpreted the idea that it would

This was not part of the original press statement and it really sounds like they just interpreted it in such a way.  Let's remember even the most legit magazines tend to make shit up that Madonna never said or did.  She's commented about that in the past, specifically mentioning how Vanity Fair made up far more stuff than actually happened.

I disagree but we’ll see. 

24 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

The thing is if fans keep buying the same old reissues on dog shit colour vinyl then she ain’t gonna start putting out the expanded releases - it just doesn’t make any sense the strategy so far …. Her and Guy o know what the fans want in terms of demos plus all the video content too - they must be sitting on tones of unreleased stuff so why keep waiting ???

What are you talking about?  The expansive deluxe re-issues planned have nothing to do with fans buying up old re-issues/colored vinyl.  At this point, you're spinning your own narrative/making things up! Besides, most of her colored vinyls are quite limited and rare by this point.  Re-issues are quite common every few years from artists, especially when record companies see a demand for it.  If anything, fans seeking to buy something could only help show interest in new re-issues.

At the end of the day, we're all expecting things that were never promised, whether that is an 'expected' time of a release or if it's including demos.  I do believe eventually we will get these expansive deluxe albums and I'm pretty confident, when that happens, you'll still find something to complain about regarding them.  :laughing:

11 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Ok,  for someone basically living in this thread you still have not understood the deal.

Everything that was released since the Who's That Girl RSD is part of the new Warner deal. The past coloured editions (Erotica, Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light etc) are not part of the new deal, since they were released before. All Warner could do back then was release the same album as it was released before,  they were only allowed to change the color of the vinyl. 

Clearly now Madonna is part of the strategy, hers was the idea of Finally, the American Life ep and now Madame X Live. And she had to be ok with all the others release (Eveyrbody, the Erotica Picture Disc etc.).

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

All Warner could do back then was release the same album as it was released before,  they were only allowed to change the color of the vinyl. 

Clearly now Madonna is part of the strategy, hers was the idea of Finally, the American Life ep and now Madame X Live. And she had to be ok with all the others release (Eveyrbody, the Erotica Picture Disc etc.).

FEL, AL EP, MXT are genuinely new releases even though FEL (even AL EP) include stuff we’ve all heard before whether officially released or as a promo. 
Everything else could have been released under the old contract to be fair. 

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Ok,  for someone basically living in this thread you still have not understood the deal.

Everything that was released since the Who's That Girl RSD is part of the new Warner deal. The past coloured editions (Erotica, Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light etc) are not part of the new deal, since they were released before. All Warner could do back then was release the same album as it was released before,  they were only allowed to change the color of the vinyl. 

Yes I live in this thread because im a fan ? Duh and this campaign was the most exciting thing to happen to us old fans but so far it’s been vinyl vinyl vinyl and all the same old crap we’ve had for decades -? Nothing new ? I’m not the only person who is moaning about this 🤔🙄

13 hours ago, McDonna said:

What are you talking about?  The expansive deluxe re-issues planned have nothing to do with fans buying up old re-issues/colored vinyl.  At this point, you're spinning your own narrative/making things up! Besides, most of her colored vinyls are quite limited and rare by this point.  Re-issues are quite common every few years from artists, especially when record companies see a demand for it.  If anything, fans seeking to buy something could only help show interest in new re-issues.

At the end of the day, we're all expecting things that were never promised, whether that is an 'expected' time of a release or if it's including demos.  I do believe eventually we will get these expansive deluxe albums and I'm pretty confident, when that happens, you'll still find something to complain about regarding them.  :laughing:

I’m not the only one complaining here ….

28 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes I live in this thread because im a fan ? Duh and this campaign was the most exciting thing to happen to us old fans but so far it’s been vinyl vinyl vinyl and all the same old crap we’ve had for decades -? Nothing new ? I’m not the only person who is moaning about this 🤔🙄

You are actually the only one that still thiknk all the stuff released so far are just coloured vinyl. But ok, keep going.

14 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

You really don't pay attention, do you? 

Yes, we've had RSD vinyls but those were released on digital too. The only big release thus far was FEL which was released on everything, even CDs that they made specifically for you. They're OBVIOUSLY gonna release every album on CDs as well, not exclusively on vinyl. 

3 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

FEL, AL EP, MXT are genuinely new releases even though FEL (even AL EP) include stuff we’ve all heard before whether officially released or as a promo. 
Everything else could have been released under the old contract to be fair. 

The WTG Ep was also a new release, same for Everybody since it was released with a different cover. The only thing that could have been released under her old contract is probably the Erotica picture disc, but even that since it wasn’t actually released in 1992 maybe needed her ok. 

36 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The WTG Ep was also a new release, same for Everybody since it was released with a different cover. The only thing that could have been released under her old contract is probably the Erotica picture disc, but even that since it wasn’t actually released in 1992 maybe needed her ok. 

I disagree. Everybody isn't a new release. It's got the same track listing as the original 12" from 1982.
New cover, yes, but it's not a new release in my book.

Same thing with Madonna/ The First Album. It's the same music, only the cover is different.

17 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The paper magazine cover story last year

https://www.papermag.com/madonna-cover#rebelltitem3

Well this basically tells us much of what we've been wondering about quite clearly! This is certainly not just their interpretation of the press release. This article has quotes/interview from Madonna herself, meaning they got this information from her/her team. Media companies don't just write random shit about releases if they have the artist/team themselves available for comment. They were given that information directly.