MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

23 hours ago, McDonna said:

Yes! Nothing is cancelled and I don't believe anyone is dragging their feet.  People are just impatient and can't see this is going to start with the LAV 40th Anniversary this year.  She doesn't even have to have much involvement in these re-issues. There's a team for this!

I refuse to purchase LAP on vinyl because I’m waiting for the re-release 😩 it’s literally the only thing I have left to purchase on vinyl for her lol

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/9/2024 at 1:51 PM, McDonna said:

Yes! Nothing is cancelled and I don't believe anyone is dragging their feet.  People are just impatient and can't see this is going to start with the LAV 40th Anniversary this year.  She doesn't even have to have much involvement in these re-issues. There's a team for this!

M and her team are closely involved and oversee everything, including the digital releases. She signs off on everything. 

On 2/9/2024 at 11:08 PM, GregVsMatt said:

M and her team are closely involved and oversee everything, including the digital releases. She signs off on everything. 

I don't disagree, but even in the press release, it said others are over seeing this whole deal.  She's perfectly capable of overseeing and approving things when doing other things, even when touring.

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

You're either chasing a disagreement or are ignorant to all the releases we have received over the last 2 years 

None of the above. I'm only expressing an opinion, and I think that being a fan since 1985 entitles me to.  Which are the "releases" you mention? Could you please list them? I'm leaving out digital releases, which are random and sparse anyway, with absolutely no cohesion or a specific order. There's no campaign either, or marketing plan. No album was remastered, there were no reissues or expanded editions in physical format of any of them. So, I don't think this Warner thing came to fruition so far. The word I'd use is "confusing".

2 hours ago, Gonzus said:

None of the above. I'm only expressing an opinion, and I think that being a fan since 1985 entitles me to.  Which are the "releases" you mention? Could you please list them? I'm leaving out digital releases, which are random and sparse anyway, with absolutely no cohesion or a specific order. There's no campaign either, or marketing plan. No album was remastered, there were no reissues or expanded editions in physical format of any of them. So, I don't think this Warner thing came to fruition so far. The word I'd use is "confusing".

First off, no one was challenging your right to express your opinion.  And no, being a fan since 1985 doesn't entitle you to leave out what's actually has happened to narrate your "opinion".  Sure, you can have your opinion that "nothing is happening", but it doesn't mean your opinion is correct.

And yes, if you leave everything out that has happened in the last two years, I can see why you think the way you do.  But the fact is; the campaign is the Warner deal.  Not everything has to roll out like a brand new album.  The digital releases DO count.  It's only sparse to you and some others because it's not happening as quickly or within the time frame you prefer it to happen.  In no way, do I think they would just do it all at once. They are milking this.  Just dumping all the digital releases out all at one time, is not a smart business move. They definitely want to keep generating new digital/streaming releases with her back catalog over time. 

And then there FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE!  Did you forget that?  Or is that left out as well?  That wasn't' just a small project done on a whim.  It was definitely a curated project cultivated from her back catalog which is what this deal is about. There was a campaign to that as well. It was rolled out much like a new album.  It may not packed the same punch as a new album, but it's still part of the Warner deal. Also, Warner is behind the MX Tour Experience release on digital and streaming platforms (and later on Vinyl) and is most likely why they even announced this whole deal when they did, so the fans and the general public wouldn't be left wondering why Warner is suddenly releasing something new from her.  The Re-issue of the Everybody single is also part of this.  The curated American Life Mix Show also came from this Warner deal.  So yes, a lot has been happening and no doubt a lot has been happening that we don't know of yet as well. There is nothing "confusing" about this deal.  They laid it out straight and forward, but as mentioned before, some fans just zoomed in ONLY on the Re-issues expanded versions mentioned and assume that's all to the deal. It's not.   What's happening on the digital/streaming platform is part of the deal as well.  So yes, the deal has come to fruition and it's still going on.  The whole idea is to get her whole catalog under Warner's care and they and Madonna choose from time to time to create special releases whether it's digital, streaming or physical.  Just because it's been "sparse" or not to your liking, doesn't mean nothing has happened! :)

23 minutes ago, McDonna said:

First off, no one was challenging your right to express your opinion.  And no, being a fan since 1985 doesn't entitle you to leave out what's actually has happened to narrate your "opinion".  Sure, you can have your opinion that "nothing is happening", but it doesn't mean your opinion is correct.

And yes, if you leave everything out that has happened in the last two years, I can see why you think the way you do.  But the fact is; the campaign is the Warner deal.  Not everything has to roll out like a brand new album.  The digital releases DO count.  It's only sparse to you and some others because it's not happening as quickly or within the time frame you prefer it to happen.  In no way, do I think they would just do it all at once. They are milking this.  Just dumping all the digital releases out all at one time, is not a smart business move. They definitely want to keep generating new digital/streaming releases with her back catalog over time. 

And then there FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE!  Did you forget that?  Or is that left out as well?  That wasn't' just a small project done on a whim.  It was definitely a curated project cultivated from her back catalog which is what this deal is about. There was a campaign to that as well. It was rolled out much like a new album.  It may not packed the same punch as a new album, but it's still part of the Warner deal. Also, Warner is behind the MX Tour Experience release on digital and streaming platforms (and later on Vinyl) and is most likely why they even announced this whole deal when they did, so the fans and the general public wouldn't be left wondering why Warner is suddenly releasing something new from her.  The Re-issue of the Everybody single is also part of this.  The curated American Life Mix Show also came from this Warner deal.  So yes, a lot has been happening and no doubt a lot has been happening that we don't know of yet as well. There is nothing "confusing" about this deal.  They laid it out straight and forward, but as mentioned before, some fans just zoomed in ONLY on the Re-issues expanded versions mentioned and assume that's all to the deal. It's not.   What's happening on the digital/streaming platform is part of the deal as well.  So yes, the deal has come to fruition and it's still going on.  The whole idea is to get her whole catalog under Warner's care and they and Madonna choose from time to time to create special releases whether it's digital, streaming or physical.  Just because it's been "sparse" or not to your liking, doesn't mean nothing has happened! :)

OK, you're right in many things you say, don't get defensive. But... all the things you mentioned, which are accurate, don't count as a "spanning career" project, or rather, they don't follow a certain pattern. Remixes and digital maxi-singles is the last thing I would expect from such a project. Had those releases followed a certain order, it would have been more proper, IMO. I'm no fan of digital releases. Actually she removed many of them on short notice. That's why I love physical formats I can collect and treasure, like colour vinyls, good booklets, lenticular covers, et al.  For example I bought the Erotica picture-disc, which is beautiful, and I did buy Finally enough love on CD and Madame X Deluxe on CD just because they're lovely items, even if I'd bought all the remixes featured on "Finally" during the 90's. What I'd like is all her albums to be reissued in great editions and in a certain order with a Warner campaign behind to boost sales. Albums are more important that maxi-singles I think. She missed the chance to reissue "Madonna" 'last year and she'll surely miss "Like a virgin" this year too. It seems to me that the spanning career thing is unravel and uncertain of which direction to take.

There seems to be 2 kinds of fans of this campaign - ones who are happy with any scraps she gives us( same old tired vinyl repacked and repackaged - ONE compilation of stuff we have had for decades ) then fans like me who want something unreleased from her archives which mean a surprise - something not seen or heard befure and put in a nice box set - I don’t know why that’s so hard for people on here to swallow or see our frustration? Maybe it’s a generation thing …

19 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

There seems to be 2 kinds of fans of this campaign - ones who are happy with any scraps she gives us( same old tired vinyl repacked and repackaged - ONE compilation of stuff we have had for decades ) then fans like me who want something unreleased from her archives which mean a surprise - something not seen or heard befure and put in a nice box set - I don’t know why that’s so hard for people on here to swallow or see our frustration? Maybe it’s a generation thing …

FEL isn't just scraps.  Updating her digital and streaming catalog isn't just scraps. FEL wasn't just a Vinyl package.

And yes, I'd love to have more stuff released from her archives.  What's wrong with being happy with both?  Again, you and some others are just leaving out things you don't like, to narrate nothing is happening.  LOL!

2 hours ago, Gonzus said:

truth

you dont know nothing and after you see they put something out.....

a mess a real mess.....

and way put out a single with some remixes from an album and after something from another with no logic?

its better if they start with the 1st album...... they put out all the singles, versions, remixes ecc ecc they have of every single song and after they do the same with the 2nd album and so on.......

Like this is too messy ..... and i still don't understand the logic........

but maybe the logic is Madonna?

she choose what she want to put out at that moment?

6 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

same!!!!

im sure she have amazing songs in that archive we never listen to.....

3 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

That's a mere assembly of her digital remixes, and a poor one. I'm talking about albums here, and I'm talking about physical.

Let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physicaaal lah lah lah 

Um, but it was released on multiple physical formats!!  :ahh:   You need to read the PRESS STATEMENT for the Warner Deal. The idea is to cultivate her back catalog, whether that be re-releases, adding her back catalog to streaming/digital platforms and/or curating new projects from her back catalog. 

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Dude I was born in 1970.  The FEL isn't just scraps.  Updating her digital and streaming catalog isn't just scraps. FEL wasn't just a Vinyl package.

And yes, I'd love to have more stuff released from her archives.  What's wrong with being happy with both?  Again, you and some others are just leaving out things you don't like, to narrate nothing is happening.  LOL!

I think in the end it's all bad marketed and randomly done. And it's Warner's fault. 

3 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

I think in the end it's all bad marketed and randomly done. And it's Warner's fault. 

And I'll have to disagree.  Things are happening, and it just comes down to the fact it's not happening the way some want it to happen.   You can bet nothing has been "randomly done", and the idea is to keep her catalog active and not just dump everything off in one lump. 

FEL was released in many formats, ok , never said otherwise. I think I'm not making myself clear enough. And then what?

You said it yourself: "The idea is to...", but when will THAT happen? It's been 2 years already and no album have been reissued so far. AND, no maxi-singles were reissued on physical format either. Let's see what happens, but thank God I keep my maxis from the 90's.

BTW, do you work for Warner? (Joke)

42 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

Is it happening the way you like it to happen? Are you happy with this?

I like what has come from it so far, yes!  I'm not disappointed at all.  Did I expect the first album to be re-issued last year?  "Yes", but what I think as "landmark" may not be thought of the same regarding Warners and Madonna.  And now we've been hearing through the grapevine that possibly both first two albums may be re-issued this year, which would be great.  No doubt, something will be done for LAV by the end of the year.:party:

FEL is a great dance compilation.  It's the closest we get to a new Greatest Hits from her.  I actually enjoy it because the mixes are short and sweet which compliment the longer mixes we've had before.  I like that the songs aren't long and drawn out.  It's easy and fun to listen to this album when you're wanting to hear her whole dance catalog.  Not only that, the re-issue of the Rainbow Vinyl is just beautiful.  Definitely worth it!

I also loved the audio release of MX Tour Experience.  I still listen to it a lot today.  It's definitely one of her better live releases. And to own that on Vinyl is just the icing on the cake.

I'm so glad that they re-issued the Erotica single because I missed it the first time around.  And while I had the original Everybody single on 12 inch Vinyl, it's old and warned out.  I bought that back in the 80's before I bothered to think to care for my vinyl records.

The American Life Mix Show is definitely a highlight for me because it's a great new curated release.  I don't care if some of the mixes have been released before. The difference is, I didn't have these physically and to make it available on Vinyl is the cherry on top.

I've also enjoyed most of the digital/streaming releases even though I own most of them.  I am not really interested in the streaming platform but I respect it and am glad to see her catalog is continuing to be added to it.  It also reminds me to go back and listen to these songs and mixes when I may have not heard them in a long time. 

Lastly, I have no doubt that re-issues are coming.  It's just not happening as quick as we want it, and I suspect there is a reason to that being these re-issues are probably going to be released during landmark anniversary years.  1984 and 1985 were definitely landmark years for her, so I have no doubt by the end of this year and next, we are going to start seeing more physical re-issues of her albums. 

So the long answer is "Yes", I am quite pleased with what's been released and re-issued so far.  :luv:

45 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

FEL was released in may formats, ok , never said otherwise. I think I'm not making myself clear enough. And then??{}

You said yourself: "The idea is to...", but when will THAT happen? It's been 2 years already and no album was reissued. AND, no maxi-singles were reissued on physical format either. Let's see what happens, but thank God I keep my maxis from the 90's.

BTW, do you work for Warner? (Joke)

Again, you're ONLY making it about the re-issues when the deal is much more than that.  It's about cultivating her back catalog.  Curating new products/releases from her back catalog whether that be a new compilation or re-issues whether that be physically, digitally and/or on streaming platforms. There was no time stamp when this all would happen other than stating that her Interscope albums would be under Warner care starting in 2025.  This was unfolding long before the deal was made public with the start of digital/streaming additions and video upgrades.  The MX Tour experience release definitely kicked it all off, but some will argue that the LAP 30th and True Blue 35th was a testing ground for what was to be released on streaming and digital platforms. 

Last I read,  re-issuing  physical"maxi-singles" weren't specified within the deal, but it doesn't mean it won't happen at some point, but I'm doubting we're going to see this happen right away being digital/streaming is the way most people consume their music and that is their main concentration in updating her "single" catalog on.

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

If Madonna oversees everything she better oversee even more some single\album covers’ quality both on digital and physical releases cause those scans suck ass :kiss:

Dazed always telling the truth; I expect nothing less from my idol.

And screaming at THEY being 53 or 54.

But I'm 40 so who I am to criticize my neighbour??? #LoveThyNeighbour

47 minutes ago, McDonna said:

49 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Lastly, I have no doubt that re-issues are coming

That's exactly what I was meaning when I said  "confusing", "random" and talked about the lack of a marketing plan. Some schedule would be helpful in order to start saving money to buy those items. I live outside the US so for me these things are hugely expensive.