MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

@maddy1111 Thank you for that chart! Quite fascinating to me. I love vinyl and collect it but I'm surprised to see it]s only projected to keep growing over the next several years. I thought we were at peak vinylmania and it would be declining from here.

I don't think so, talking from my own experience :)

In 2022, I owned exactly zero vinyls, and was no interested in that format at all.

In 2023, I fell in love with that format and bought approximately 200 vinyls. 

In 2024, I am planning to buy even more.. And I see a lot of people around me occasionally buying some vinyls even if they were not interested in buying music on any psychical format for years.

So yeah, I don't think that physical media is dead and vinyl mania is over. It will stay for few more years (as projected by professionals) :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Didn't someone with some sort of credibility say that we shouldn't expect any reuisses while madonna is still touring, or am I misremembering?  Either way, I wouldn't expect anything to come out until after the last concert finishes.  That's coming up soon, no?

Next month or first week of May allegedly

2 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Didn't someone with some sort of credibility say that we shouldn't expect any reuisses while madonna is still touring, or am I misremembering?  Either way, I wouldn't expect anything to come out until after the last concert finishes.  That's coming up soon, no?

Why not? A tour is perfect promotional machine. Why they don't use it to promote the reissues?

9 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly, that comment makes no sense. They could even sell the vinyls at the booths and they would BANK. 

Probably figure they'd rather milk fans over an extended period of time. I sure as hell wouldn't by a ticket for several hundred dollars, buy merch like shirts jackets etc for several hundred dollars (if you're buying more than one item) plus spending money on hotels ubers food and plane tickets...I'm less inclined to think casual fans would shell all that money and to top it off buy a box set which i would assume would also be several hundred dollars and having to pack it on a plane lol and thats if they sold it at the venue. If they had just released the pre-order it would be even less of a priority since you're gonna be saving money for going to actually see her. Not everyone has that much disposable income and im sure alot see this as their vacation.

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Probably figure they'd rather milk fans over an extended period of time. I sure as hell wouldn't by a ticket for several hundred dollars, buy merch like shirts jackets etc for several hundred dollars (if you're buying more than one item) plus spending money on hotels ubers food and plane tickets...I'm less inclined to think casual fans would shell all that money and to top it off buy a box set which i would assume would also be several hundred dollars and having to pack it on a plane lol and thats if they sold it at the venue. If they had just released the pre-order it would be even less of a priority since you're gonna be saving money for going to actually see her. Not everyone has that much disposable income and im sure alot see this as their vacation.

Ok but nobody is forcing you to buy the merch. Besides, all that stuff is on her website too; I was merely pointing out that if they released some reissues, they could have made thousands more by selling it at the shows as well as in stores.

And just to point out, those lines for merch booths were MASSIVE, so yes people went there prepared to spend lots of money on her.

3 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

M legacy is something huge and she really change pop music..... so my only hope is that they will give us amazing editions......... full of unreleased songs, rarities and that they will put every single care they can in every album.....

Exactly, which is why her discography deserves better. It angers me when I see all these other (flop) artists come out with stunning anniversary box sets in gorgeous packaging and extensive songs but all we get from Madonna is a new coloured wax.

1 minute ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly, which is why her discography deserves better. It angers me when I see all these other (flop) artists come out with stunning anniversary box sets in gorgeous packaging and extensive songs but all we get from Madonna is a new coloured wax.

the funny thing is that other artists have something like 5 album ....... M work is huge..... is really really huge. We can have amazing box sets and gh and what else for every anniversary or celebration....... but nothing........ zero.......nada...... niente........

2 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

the funny thing is that other artists have something like 5 album ....... M work is huge..... is really really huge. We can have amazing box sets and gh and what else for every anniversary or celebration....... but nothing........ zero.......nada...... niente........

Well to be fair, Finally Enough Love box set was impressive and a great way to launch to projects but since then we have.....dust.

1 minute ago, Leona Helmsley said:

so my question @musicinferno is: what they are waiting for?

Probably Madonna herself. We all know she's a control freak and wants to be hand-on with every single step. She was busy from 2020-2022 writing that (likely canceled) movie, now she's on tour, afterwards she will probably move on to a new project. So who knows? She works soooo slowly nowadays.

2 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Well to be fair, Finally Enough Love box set was impressive and a great way to launch to projects but since then we have.....dust.

and i love that ....... i really loved...... and in moments like this i ask myself: why they don't put out more albums like this? why they don't do this more often?

3 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Probably Madonna herself. We all know she's a control freak and wants to be hand-on with every single step. She was busy from 2020-2022 writing that (likely canceled) movie, now she's on tour, afterwards she will probably move on to a new project. So who knows? She works soooo slowly nowadays.

really hope is for that.......

yes too slow.....,

but music labels are music labels ........ and they love money......... so i ask myself....... and if there is not so much big market for her catalogue......? maybe for Warner standard?

15 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

M legacy is something huge and she really change pop music..... so my only hope is that they will give us amazing editions......... full of unreleased songs, rarities and that they will put every single care they can in every album.....

7 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

I can tell you probably fantasize about these commemorative reissues much like I do. We let our imaginations run wild with how comprehensively crafted, beautifully designed, and thoughtfully curated each release has the potential to be. We dream of luxurious box sets for each and every album, encapsulating an entire era of her career in one stunning boxed collection of vinyls, CDs, DVDs, and USB drives. We pray to Magodna that she delivers special editions of these albums beyond compare!!

2 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I can tell you probably fantasize about these commemorative reissues much like I do. We let our imaginations run wild with how comprehensively crafted, beautifully designed, and thoughtfully curated each release has the potential to be. We dream of luxurious box sets for each and every album, encapsulating an entire era of her career in one stunning boxed collection of vinyls, CDs, DVDs, and USB drives. We pray to Magodna that she delivers special editions of these albums beyond compare!!

i know...... but honey!!!!

we are in the 2023!!!! sorry 2024!!!!

a lot of artists put out amazing editions.......

Taylor swift put out 3 or 4 different version for every album

the groups and singers in the kpop put out albums who are amazing piece of design......

so ..... yes i dream of beautiful editions because around of me i see tons of singers, groups and artists putting out  amazing editions.......

18 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

So ..... yes i dream of beautiful editions because around of me i see tons of singers, groups and artists putting out  amazing editions.......

I don't think I've seen anything that meets my expectations and dreams for a catalogue as iconic as Madonna's. Only those fictional box sets designed by a user on this forum....