MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Do you want to hear it remastered on a phone? Lol

Shoo....is a pretty good song.  It's not a song I consider deep, but she sounds beautiful singing it. It's catchy and fun to listen to.  I never understood the hate or criticism over it.  It's the closest we get to a ballad from her at the time versus LDLHA which vocally sounded a bit dicey at the time. 

4 minutes ago, Nahash said:

I HEART SHOO-BEE-DOO!!!

SHOO-BEE-DOO, OOH LA LA

TALK TO ME BABY!!!

@Leona Helmsley finally this masterpiece's getting its very deserved appreciation!!!

Put your hands up for Shoo-Bee-Doo!!!

luv it!!!!

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

my hands are up!!!!

Just now, Leona Helmsley said:

luv it!!!!

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

my hands are up!!!!

Just now, Leona Helmsley said:

#justiceforshoobeedoo

And Rhino, if you think of doin' a Shoo-Bee-Doo maxisingle, plz take this in consideration.

Leona, this labour of love is from David DAB - you Dave's have a MOTHERFUCKER talent - Madonna really KNOWS THAT!!!

1 hour ago, Leona Helmsley said:

madonna songs are so iconic and eternal that you will always find amazing remixes or covers around....... M should put out a remixes version for every album she make..... 

If she does actually do "expanded" versions of her albums (I know it only said 'landmark' but a boy can dream), I do anticipate that she'll be loading them up with remixes. Probably not for every song, but I suppose it's possible. The lady loves remixes so much, which I don't really understand.... but I do love FEL: 50NO

3 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

If she does actually do "expanded" versions of her albums (I know it only said 'landmark' but a boy can dream), I do anticipate that she'll be loading them up with remixes. Probably not for every song, but I suppose it's possible. The lady loves remixes so much, which I don't really understand.... but I do love FEL: 50NO

ha ha ha!!!!

i love remixes too. ...... sometimes more than the ov of a song.,..,,

yes remixes not with all the songs...... there are songs who are perfect for a remix, other songs totally no........

btw i hope to have expanded versions of her albums...... i really hope she will make a 2024 editions...... 

maybe 2 or 3 cd with one cd with the original songs + unreleased but always originals of that time.....

and in the 2 and 3 cds,  remixes, feats and her songs re imagined with a 2024 vision......

3 hours ago, Leona Helmsley said:

madonna songs are so iconic and eternal that you will always find amazing remixes or covers around....... M should put out a remixes version for every album she make..... 

I’m really hoping for a “special curated” Veronica Electronica similar to the American Life Mixshow with Ray of Light album remixes to make up for the fact that it never happened during that era. 

15 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I’m really hoping for a “special curated” Veronica Electronica similar to the American Life Mixshow with Ray of Light album remixes to make up for the fact that it never happened during that era. 

love it!!!!

there are millions amazing options...... so i really hope they will give us amazing pieces......

18 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I remember when she mentioned such a project back then, being so excited.  The content was just there, so it was a matter, organizing it and just releasing it. She was so sure she was going to do that, but I guess she got busy with numerous film projects by that point.  Then before we knew it, we had "Beautiful Stranger" before she finally headed in the studio for Music.

16 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

btw at the end is all in Madonna hands....... so we can only wait........

1 hour ago, Leona Helmsley said:

curious to know if there are some remixes from that project....... Veronica electronica...... would be amazing to have this album for her 40 years of career........

The way I understoos it, she had so much promotion to do, and it took a long time before she could go back to the studio to work on Veronica Electronica, and by then she just didn't want to do it, so the project was abandoned.

2 minutes ago, Celebration said:

The way I understoos it, she had so much promotion to do, and it took a long time before she could go back to the studio to work on Veronica Electronica, and by then she just didn't want to do it, so the project was abandoned.

so horrible......

but thanks for the info, dear!!!!

1 hour ago, luckypierre78 said:

That would be wild. I’d still love to hear the alleged 10 minute version of Ray of Light that she talked about back then.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:46 AM, steady75 said:

Like A Prayer single was huge. 
Express Yourself felt like it underperformed a little. Cherish did well. The videos were in heavy rotation.  In the UK surprisingly Dear Jessie was a big hit. Number 5 at Xmas. It was the second most successful single and outsold Express Yourself and Cherish. 
Shocker huh. The Beatles influence maybe. 
Then it got messy. I used to watch the American chart show late night and saw the video for Oh Father which I had no idea had been released. Then I saw. Keep It Together 12” import in HMV and was like “what the fuck is going on”, Then I saw an advert in a magazine for a new single called Vogue. 
Dear Jessie had only been out of the UK top forty about a month before Vogue dropped and it felt like the Like A Prayer era sort of limped out very much unlike True Blue had two years earlier with La Isla going number one as the fifth single. 

Like A Prayer was a challenging album when you first listen. After the sheen of True Blue and the almost saccharine retreads of the WTG singles and Spotlight, the raw LAP sound felt like whiplash. Like A Prayer was essentially a rhythm guitar track with a hint of rock and gospel. It was so different. 

I got the album on release day and listened to it back to back three times and hated it. Where were my my big sing along Bopp love bangers? 
it took several listens for Express Yourself, Cherish and Keep It Together to start jumping out. The rest took more time. 

I imagine this was a similar story for many other 13 year olds who were just used to sugary pop songs. 

Madonna was clever here. She knew she needed to bring her audience with her but push them along a bit. The album was pivotal to her longevity as an artist so its sales were probably known to be compromised somewhat in order to secure the next phase of her career. 

Vogue secured the bag after the 4/5/6th chaotic / underperforming singles run and brought her kicking and screaming into the new decade. 

Like A Prayer, Listen Without Prejudice and Rhythm Nation in that 12 month period literally made me grow into a teenager from a child musically. And Like A Prayer was the catalyst. It’s my favourite M album with Erotica. 

The real crowning glory for Like A Prayer however was the Blond Ambition Tour a month after Vogue dropped. It just turned things stratospheric with MTV just relentlessly playing her. It was non stop Madonna. So really you have to count Blond Ambition as part of the Like A Prayer era.

Breathless wasn’t released til May and Dick Tracy til June. So all of those songs were really premiered live on tour and the tour was sold off the back of LAP and Vogue. 

I remember those days, (and those 3 classic albums George and Jan were on repeat with Madge) But MTV people called it Madonna tv, it was like she had 80% of her own channel back then. The bits between her like the B52's seemed like adverts it went back to Madonna TV :lol: