MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Honestly I can't see a better album title other than "Ray Of Light". Positive, cool, fresh, tells the narrative in itself with just three words, new mom, new Madonna, new sound, cool, Spiritualdonna, I mean it was perfect.

Honestly each title has a connotation 

Madonna- self titled, brazed, confident, controversial, 

Like a Virgin- striking, tough, pure, new to the game, but also old hat 

True Blue- vintage throwback to noir, striking, girlish, pure blue, melancholy blue newlywed new Madonna 

Like a Prayer- earthy, grounded, family, heritage, upbringing, rooted, controversy, catholicism, baroque

Erotica- titillating, oppressive, reactionary, aggressive, defensive, equality, sexual liberation, emotional liberation 

Bedtime Stories- calming, soothing, self healing, health, damaged, no regrets, emotional, bittersweet, magical, maternal

Ray of Light, hopeful, spiritual, new awakening, new Madonna, new decade, new world, motherhood, 

Music- striking, bold, brazen, millennium, spacey, experimental, genre, patchwork, marriage

American Life- shocking, provoking, raw, unapologetic, satirical, midlife crisis

Confessions on a dancefloor- new age, self referential, reflecting in mirror all, time travel, vortex, healing, glowing, beaming, blockbuster, family, Catholicism, new life, new lands, expressive emotive 

Hard acandy- sticky and sweet, tough but kind, hardened by time but can keep up with newbies, old but new, legacy but fresh...the paradox effect

MDNA- broken, self titled, full of the self, self healing, confident, drug connotation, highs and lows, mental health, distorted, warped, weird, whacky, trippy

Rebel Heart- warrior, battling, revolutionary, passionate, artistic, nostalgic, harrowing, yearning, reflective, pioneering, bold, brazen, chaotic 

Madame X- self referential, Portuguese art, globe trotting, secret agent, under cover, exhibitionistic, striking, brutal honesty, not about the self, journeys, travelling , end of the world , apocalyptic, language barriers 

6 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

True Blue- vintage throwback to noir, striking, girlish, pure blue, melancholy blue newlywed new Madonna 

Like a Prayer- earthy, grounded, family, heritage, upbringing, rooted, controversy, catholicism, baroque

Erotica- titillating, oppressive, reactionary, aggressive, defensive, equality, sexual liberation, emotional liberation 

Bedtime Stories- calming, soothing, self healing, health, damaged, no regrets, emotional, bittersweet, magical, maternal

Ray of Light, hopeful, spiritual, new awakening, new Madonna, new decade, new world, motherhood, 

Music- striking, bold, brazen, millennium, spacey, experimental, genre, patchwork, marriage

American Life- shocking, provoking, raw, unapologetic, satirical, midlife crisis

Confessions on a dancefloor- new age, self referential, reflecting in mirror all, time travel, vortex, healing, glowing, beaming, blockbuster, family, Catholicism, new life, new lands, expressive emotive 

Hard acandy- sticky and sweet, tough but kind, hardened by time but can keep up with newbies, old but new, legacy but fresh...the paradox effect

MDNA- broken, self titled, full of the self, self healing, confident, drug connotation, highs and lows, mental health, distorted, warped, weird, whacky, trippy

Rebel Heart- warrior, battling, revolutionary, passionate, artistic, nostalgic, harrowing, yearning, reflective, pioneering, bold, brazen, chaotic 

Madame X- self referential, Portuguese art, globe trotting, secret agent, under cover, exhibitionistic, striking, brutal honesty, not about the self, journeys, travelling , end of the world , apocalyptic, language barriers 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

28 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I wouldn't go that far - apart from some "concept" titles like "Bedtime Stories", "Confessions", "Hard Candy", "MDNA" or "Madame X", most of her album titles seemed just powerful enough track titles ("ROL" was, really) turned into album titles - but good work, of course!

5 hours ago, Leona Helmsley said:

a new album for sure...... me too.....

but even remixes and feats would be great in this moment.........

and i really hope Madonna would start to be more prolific for her next eras....,,,

Thank you so much all of you I think each album era title encapsulated it beautifully

I do often wish we had an alternative timeline where MDNA had similar success to Hard Candy same with Rebel Heart and Madame X comparatively but alas what can we do 

I'm thankful of all the albums we have got ....at least she isn't doing abba covers or Christmas albums ;-) or announced retirement or anything like that from 1982-2019 she's delivered the best in music 

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

Honestly I can't see a better album title other than "Ray Of Light". Positive, cool, fresh, tells the narrative in itself with just three words, new mom, new Madonna, new sound, cool, Spiritualdonna, I mean it was perfect.

18 hours ago, Prayer said:

This just reminded me she did sing the words "ray of light" in Supernatural in 1989

2 minutes ago, James19709 said:

This whole thing reminds me of Remixed & Revisited where we were meant to get commemorative boxsets and stuff and just got that. All that came from that was some nice artwork and one unreleased song :lol:

Yes. There was a deal in 2003 celebrating Madonna's 20 years young career. Fans supposed to get a box with albums, tours etc. namely Blond Ambition Tour rising from the dead of laserdisk and appearing on DVD.... but everything went downt to hell. Probably because of American Life. The album unfortunately tarnished her reputation so they cancelled their project to avoid sales failure.

Just now, Cyberraga said:

Yes. There was a deal in 2003 celebrating Madonna's 20 years young career. Fans supposed to get a box with albums, tours etc. namely Blond Ambition Tour rising from the dead of laserdisk and appearing on DVD.... but everything went downt to hell. Probably because of American Life. The album unfortunately tarnished her reputation so they cancelled their project to avoid sales failure.

People were talking about some re-release of an American Life "mixshow" or something and tbh I don't even recall what that is since we already got 5 remixes on that EP, that was more than enough for me. Could take or leave them as they are. Remixes are the ultimate laziest way to get fans to buy this half assed bullshit. And if I hadn't been a child in 2003 I wouldn't have bought that EP. Your Honesty is a good song though.

8 minutes ago, James19709 said:

People were talking about some re-release of an American Life "mixshow" or something and tbh I don't even recall what that is since we already got 5 remixes on that EP, that was more than enough for me. Could take or leave them as they are. Remixes are the ultimate laziest way to get fans to buy this half assed bullshit. And if I hadn't been a child in 2003 I wouldn't have bought that EP. Your Honesty is a good song though.

The Mixshow is the album that was released last year.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-to-release-exclusive-american-life-ep-for-record-store-day

37 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Also because the late and very generous Caresse Henry was in charge of that project. She was fired after RIT and well the rest is history. 

8 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Also because the late and very generous Caresse Henry was in charge of that project. She was fired after RIT and well the rest is history. 

I thought the plan was for a boxset for the 20th anniversary of her first album and it got axed and they gave us Remixed & Revisited which was released in November 2003 so I imagine it wasn't happening anyway

4 minutes ago, James19709 said:

I thought the plan was for a boxset for the 20th anniversary of her first album and it got axed and they gave us Remixed & Revisited which was released in November 2003 so I imagine it wasn't happening anyway

Either way, it was a loss for her fans. 

11 minutes ago, James19709 said:

here's an article from 2003.

In addition to her new album, American Life, Madonna also plans to release a box set before the year is out, marking the 20th anniversary of her recording career.

The box set, whose contents have not yet been announced, is timed to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Madonna's 1983 self-titled debut, which yielded the hits "Lucky Star," "Borderline" and "Holiday." A release date has not been set for the box, according to the spokesperson.

https://www.mtv.com/news/deria7/madonna-box-set-will-mark-20th-anniversary-of-her-first-lp

3 hours ago, James19709 said:

I agree Madonna fans are easily influenced into wanting remixes and accepting them as new content. They really have little to do with the artist, I don't care what people say. She may have curated them but it's still other people's work and not her own sonic vision. FEL was nice as an expansive collection but that should be the end of remixes as the bulk content for now on.

4 hours ago, James19709 said:

Keep in mind, this was something entirely different going on than this current Warner Deal.  From what I gather, Caress was working on this independently. Madonna was already signed to Warner at the time, so it's just a matter of presenting what she came up with and releasing it.  Unfortunately, when she got canned, it went belly up.  This current Warner deal is much bigger. It's currently happening as we speak as it includes cultivating her whole catalog into special projects as well as getting her whole catalog under one house. It's a multi-year deal.  Some fans are just fixated on just one aspect of the deal (deluxe re-issues of her landmark album), but it's all about cultivating her back catalog, including digital/streaming adds. :)