MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I agree Madonna fans are easily influenced into wanting remixes and accepting them as new content. They really have little to do with the artist, I don't care what people say. She may have curated them but it's still other people's work and not her own sonic vision. FEL was nice as an expansive collection but that should be the end of remixes as the bulk content for now on.

Seeing as some of her remixes became the definitive versions of her singles, there is definitely a purpose and desire from the fanbase. I mean look at the Ultra Violet edit of ROL...it's literally the version she's doing on the tour celebrating her 40 years and also a few years ago Tracy's remix of Crave became such a moment that's the version she performed on tour. Stuart's remix of Hollywood is iconic due to the VMAs performance. I could understand if she wasnt the artist with the most #1s on the dance chart or used them for iconic performances but she's definitely utilized remixes her entire career and they are just as important as the main versions. Also in 2024 ain't nobody got time for CDs. Just isnt practical and those living in the modern times want their collection on streaming.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Seeing as some of her remixes became the definitive versions of her singles, there is definitely a purpose and desire from the fanbase. I mean look at the Ultra Violet edit of ROL...it's literally the version she's doing on the tour celebrating her 40 years and also a few years ago Tracy's remix of Crave became such a moment that's the version she performed on tour. Stuart's remix of Hollywood is iconic due to the VMAs performance. I could understand if she wasnt the artist with the most #1s on the dance chart or used them for iconic performances but she's definitely utilized remixes her entire career and they are just as important as the main versions.

Agreed!  Not only that, Madonna since the beginning of her career has commissioned people (like DJ's) to remix her music.  After all, she was one of the first to release a very successful and commercial remix album with You can Dance.  Even her GH's compilations were made up of her songs being remixed.  Whether the remix is done by someone other than her, they are still remixing her music.  It's her choosing which mixes will go on her projects.  FEL was most definitely very important because she actually went into the studio to choose specific mixes if not re-work a few of them to be released on that album.  And like you pointed out, some of those remixes end up being the version she performs on tour.  Not only that, some of her remixes end up being just as good as the original if not better than the original version. Furthermore, she's worked with several of those who remixed her music on her albums, producing new songs.  So yes, I agree in many cases a lot of her remixes are just as important as the main versions. 

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I agree Madonna fans are easily influenced into wanting remixes and accepting them as new content. They really have little to do with the artist, I don't care what people say. She may have curated them but it's still other people's work and not her own sonic vision. FEL was nice as an expansive collection but that should be the end of remixes as the bulk content for now on.

Madonna is a remix artist.  She embraces them, and is known for them.  She's released You Can Dance, GHV2 Remixed, Finally Enough Love, American Life Mixshow, Remixed and Revisited, and even The Immacualate Collection can be considered a remix compilation to an extent.  She's been a pioneer working with the biggest names in various diverse genres of dance music over the years.  I get that everyone has different things that appeal to them, but Madonna will always be releasing remixes.  It's a part of her brand.  There's no use getting upset about that because that will always be a part of her strategy.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Seeing as some of her remixes became the definitive versions of her singles, there is definitely a purpose and desire from the fanbase. I mean look at the Ultra Violet edit of ROL...it's literally the version she's doing on the tour celebrating her 40 years and also a few years ago Tracy's remix of Crave became such a moment that's the version she performed on tour. Stuart's remix of Hollywood is iconic due to the VMAs performance. I could understand if she wasnt the artist with the most #1s on the dance chart or used them for iconic performances but she's definitely utilized remixes her entire career and they are just as important as the main versions. Also in 2024 ain't nobody got time for CDs. Just isnt practical and those living in the modern times want their collection on streaming.

I disagree. 

Plenty of people prefer to buy a physical product. 

I don't trust streaming one second. It's there for a while, and then, as soon as a deal expires, it's gone.
Or what about when you have to subscribe to a streaming site? Pay money, over and over. 

The few albums that I'd love to listen to in Dolby Atmos are Cyndi Lauper's She's So Unusual and Madonna's The Immaculate Collection. The wau y it is now, I have to pay a monthly sum to do that. I prefer to buy the Blu-Ray, and only pay once, and have it done.

When you have a physical product, you can enjoy it for the rest of your life. :)

35 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I disagree. 

I don't trust streaming one second. It's there for a while, and then, as soon as a deal expires, it's gone.
Or what about when you have to subscribe to a streaming site? Pay money, over and over. 

The few albums that I'd love to listen to in Dolby Atmos are Cyndi Lauper's She's So Unusual and Madonna's The Immaculate Collection. The wau y it is now, I have to pay a monthly sum to do that. I prefer to buy the Blu-Ray, and only pay once, and have it done.

When you have a physical product, you can enjoy it for the rest of your life. :)

That's nice but in 2024 people do streaming. While physical media has seen resurgence, it's more of a collectable item rather than a functioning one. I mean do you think Taylor Swift fans are seriously asking their parents to get them CD players? You certainly can dislike streaming but shows you really aren't with the times if you think that's not how people consume music nowadays. That's also probably why she will never have a hit again because her fans are very antiquated at this point.

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

I disagree. 

Yes, that's why I took out that part of the quote when I agreed with him.  Like you, I prefer the physical product, rather rely only on streaming.  Like you mentioned, (especially with films), they don't always last a very long time on streaming formats.  And with streaming services, to enjoy everything you like, you have to sign up and pay for various services and I just am not interested in paying a monthly fee to stream something when I can just buy the album once and be done with it, whether it's digital or physically.  Otherwise, I'll endure the ads, but even better find an ad blocker to listen to any music I am unsure of and then if I like it, I will buy it.  After all, that's how it was when I grew up. I would hear the song on the radio or on MTV and then I would buy the song or album if I liked it.  I still have all my physical music since I was a kid and a teenager. Sure, it's easier to stream, but nothing beats owning what you love.  And I prefer to have my Madonna collection on physical formats and I do, apart from the few digital releases that have never been physically released.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

That's nice but in 2024 people do streaming. While physical media has seen resurgence, it's more of a collectable item rather than a functioning one. I mean do you think Taylor Swift fans are seriously asking their parents to get them CD players? You certainly can dislike streaming but shows you really aren't with the times if you think that's not how people consume music nowadays. That's also probably why she will never have a hit again because her fans are very antiquated at this point.

But he didn't (nor did I) say we don't think streaming isn't how people are consuming music.  We are saying we see it's just one of many ways.  Furthermore, many prefer physical and for you to assume no one cares about CD or Vinyls is just not true.  Besides, why would Taylor offer physical formats of her music, if she thought people only streamed her music.  Obviously, she has fans who enjoy physical formats.  And yes, my physical collection is quite functioning. I usually play my vinyls daily.  However, at the same time I enjoy streaming, but maybe it is you who is not as "with the times" when the truth is, ALL formats are how people consuming music these days. Just because you and a group of people you know prefer to stream doesn't mean there aren't others who aren't consuming music through physical media or both physical and streaming!  I respect how anyone consumes their music, and I think it's quite strange to demean anyone for how they choose to consume their music.

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

So simple yet so hard for people to undestand. Why it's so hard to change people's mind? I'd like streaming services to go down for a while. Maybe that will open their eyes.

2 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

So simple yet so hard for people to undestand. Why it's so hard to change people's mind? I'd like streaming services to go down for a while. Maybe that will open their eyes.

Oh could you imagine the meltdowns.  Meanwhile we have our physical copies and are able to enjoy them.  Nevertheless I love the access we have of streaming, but I won't limit myself to only streaming when it comes to hearing my favorite artists.  :)

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

18 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

You don't need to TRUST streaming. Have worms eaten your brain? We've literally all got hard copies of most things gathering dust on our shelves as well. It's just the easiest way to access music. Us gworrlllls like to bop on the move. 

So simple yet so hard for people to understand.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

But he didn't (nor did I) say we don't think streaming isn't how people are consuming music.  We are saying we see it's just one of many ways.  Furthermore, many prefer physical and for you to assume no one cares about CD or Vinyls is just not true.  Besides, why would Taylor offer physical formats of her music, if she thought people only streamed her music.  Obviously, she has fans who enjoy physical formats.  And yes, my physical collection is quite functioning. I usually play my vinyls daily.  However, at the same time I enjoy streaming, but maybe it is you who is not as "with the times" when the truth is, ALL formats are how people consuming music these days. Just because you and a group of people you know prefer to stream doesn't mean there aren't others who aren't consuming music through physical media or both physical and streaming!  I respect how anyone consumes their music, and I think it's quite strange to demean anyone for how they choose to consume their music.

Well like i said, the physicals are more collector items which is why they offer different versions. Also it's a way to boost their numbers to chart higher etc. I mean do you honestly think when fans are buying the cassette versions of things in the year 2024 that they're going to actually play it? Lol cmon now. Most stores don't even have a physical cd section anymore and do you seriously think people are just whipping out their 12 inchers? Sorry but I definitely stick to what i said that fans really are out of touch. Just because hardcore stans buy every piece of physical media doesn't mean the average joe does and even then like I said, it's more of a niche collectable.

33 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well like i said, the physicals are more collector items which is why they offer different versions. Also it's a way to boost their numbers to chart higher etc. I mean do you honestly think when fans are buying the cassette versions of things in the year 2024 that they're going to actually play it? Lol cmon now. Most stores don't even have a physical cd section anymore and do you seriously think people are just whipping out their 12 inchers? Sorry but I definitely stick to what i said that fans really are out of touch. Just because hardcore stans buy every piece of physical media doesn't mean the average joe does and even then like I said, it's more of a niche collectable.

I've played my Madame X cassette tape.  So yes, I do believe fans play these items. In fact, I play all my vinyls as well. And it's just not my Madonna collection.  I buy vinyls from many artists these days.  You act like we live in some age where these media devices are obsolete and no where to be found.  In fact, I still own a CD, Cassette and Vinyl players.  Not only that, two years ago I bought a new Vinyl player as well as a CD/Cassette player.  Go to any online store and you can find a CD, Cassette and Vinyl player.  CDs and Vinyls and even cassettes now are easily obtained especially at online stores such as Amazon.  In fact, stores like Walmart and Target carry these media devices as well as albums and CDs too.  No one is out of touch here except maybe you.  I perfectly agree that many people consume their music through streaming, but just because you only stream doesn't mean there aren't many consuming physical music as well.

19 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

Yes. There was a deal in 2003 celebrating Madonna's 20 years young career. Fans supposed to get a box with albums, tours etc. namely Blond Ambition Tour rising from the dead of laserdisk and appearing on DVD.... but everything went downt to hell. Probably because of American Life. The album unfortunately tarnished her reputation so they cancelled their project to avoid sales failure.

That was all Carrese's idea and she was pushing M for a box set and talking about it publicly - it's likely M did not approve it rather than it being cancelled - a M box set in 2003 would not have been a sales failure  

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

I've played my Madame X cassette tape.  So yes, I do believe fans play these items. In fact, I play all my vinyls as well. And it's just not my Madonna collection.  I buy vinyls from many artists these days.  You act like we live in some age where these media devices are obsolete and no where to be found.  In fact, I still own a CD, Cassette and Vinyl players.  Not only that, two years ago I bought a new Vinyl player as well as a CD/Cassette player.  Go to any online store and you can find a CD, Cassette and Vinyl player.  CDs and Vinyls and even cassettes now are easily obtained especially at online stores such as Amazon.  In fact, stores like Walmart and Target carry these media devices as well as albums and CDs too.  No one is out of touch here except maybe you.  I perfectly agree that many people consume their music through streaming, but just because you only stream doesn't mean there aren't many consuming physical music as well.

Well like I said it's very niche. You can say I'm the one out of touch but the proof is in the pudding. Look at Popular for example, it's getting a 7" almost a year after the fact. Why? For collectors NOT because people needed a physical edition to listen. In the real world the majority of people are not buying physical (if they even are at all) as their source for that music. Another good example is Criterion. It's a great form of physical media for films, I love it but I am not under the impression that it's the way the general public consume film. You can complain all you want, cry how physical media is king or repeat "ItS yOu OuT oF tOuCh" but it doesn't change the fact streaming is the way people consume music today films today podcasts today. I love physical media, I love tangible things but we are not in the 90s or even the 00s where people are gonna go to Walmart to pick up a CD other than the novelty of "ooh look vintage!". Even radio is very obsolete now. People just connect their bluetooth and listen to either a playlist they made or one already created.

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Well like I said it's very niche. You can say I'm the one out of touch but the proof is in the pudding. Look at Popular for example, it's getting a 7" almost a year after the fact. Why? For collectors NOT because people needed a physical edition to listen. In the real world the majority of people are not buying physical (if they even are at all) as their source for that music. Another good example is Criterion. It's a great form of physical media for films, I love it but I am not under the impression that it's the way the general public consume film. You can complain all you want, cry how physical media is king or repeat "ItS yOu OuT oF tOuCh" but it doesn't change the fact streaming is the way people consume music today films today podcasts today. I love physical media, I love tangible things but we are not in the 90s or even the 00s where people are gonna go to Walmart to pick up a CD other than the novelty of "ooh look vintage!". Even radio is very obsolete now. People just connect their bluetooth and listen to either a playlist they made or one already created.

Let's remember you're the one who started the whole nonsense about people "are out of touch".  I just was showing you that it can very much go the other way because the fact is I don't deny that streaming isn't how many consume their music.  I totally agree. But I also don't assume that just because I don't partake in something, it's not happening either.  The fact is, physical media is on the rise and YES people play it more than you are trying to insinuate. You can bet, when I get my Popular vinyl, I WILL be playing it.  The difference between you and me, is I am not trying to make something sound obsolete.  I recognize that physical media is on the rise especially vinyl, and it's just not happening because people are simply collecting it.  There is a rise in phonograph players being sold as well.  More and more people are realizing experiencing music on a Vinyl is great too.  And for the last time, you don't have to go to Walmart to pick up a CD or Vinyl, you can easily order it on-line too.  Once again, you're trying to make like it's nearly impossible to obtain physical media when that the furthest from the truth.  And yes, people actually play it. 

17 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

We've literally all got hard copies of most things gathering dust on our shelves as well.

Who got? You got, cool, however I never had a chance to buy physical singles because they already went obsolete when I started buying anything music releated. Some albums are out of print these days....

4 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Who got? You got, cool, however I never had a chance to buy physical singles because they already went obsolete when I started buying anything music releated. Some albums are out of print these days....

Just as well there is readily available streaming at the touch of your fingertips then...

Why can’t we have streaming and physical? I Don’t see why they can’t co exist and I wish people would stop using Taylor swift as the benchmark here - her fans are not Madonna fans and totally different generation - I think the problem M team is having is trying to please everyone - it seems she favours streaming and vinyl judging by the releases so far - I’m just hoping this won’t be the case for the album reissues 🥹 I want a cd or dvd or blu ray as I need some visual element to go with these - she is a visual artist after all 

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Let's remember you're the one who started the whole nonsense about people "are out of touch".  I just was showing you that it can very much go the other way because the fact is I don't deny that streaming isn't how many consume their music.  I totally agree. But I also don't assume that just because I don't partake in something, it's not happening either.  The fact is, physical media is on the rise and YES people play it more than you are trying to insinuate. You can bet, when I get my Popular vinyl, I WILL be playing it.  The difference between you and me, is I am not trying to make something sound obsolete.  I recognize that physical media is on the rise especially vinyl, and it's just not happening because people are simply collecting it.  There is a rise in phonograph players being sold as well.  More and more people are realizing experiencing music on a Vinyl is great too.  And for the last time, you don't have to go to Walmart to pick up a CD or Vinyl, you can easily order it on-line too.  Once again, you're trying to make like it's nearly impossible to obtain physical media when that the furthest from the truth.  And yes, people actually play it. 

You can literally buy anything online so I wouldn't be dumb enough to say that so I dont understand your point in saying that people can buy it online. And just because YOU play yours doesnt mean that everyone who buys collectibles 1)even opens theirs 2) uses that physical format as their source for said music. You keep saying "i PlAy MiNe" like ok? Lol i buy laserdiscs and love obselete formats and hopefully will be able to get a laserdisc player and other obsolete formats but I'd have to be pretty dumb to say that streaming isn't the way the MAJORITY of people are consuming their media. 

So really what is YOUR point? Because it seems you really dont have one and seems you really don't even recall mine and just trying to argue and parrot "nO yOuRe OuT oF tOuCh". So let me remind you so maybe can make sense. I commented nobody has time for CDs in 2024 responding to people complaining how remixes are being treated as "new releases" on streaming for fans.

Not y'all arguing who uses physical and who doesn't :rip:

The point is, this deal was made to please her fans, to be released on physical and digital (as it has been). Who gives AF how you or anyone else listens to it - just buy it and enjoy it. 

I will gladly spin my vinyls and play my horrid sounding cassette tapes when these albums finally roll out. :Madonna057:

15 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

What else are we going to talk about then?  It's not like there's any news on the re-release front.

Good point!  Besides, I am not worked up about anything I said.  At the same time, this is a public forum and people shouldn't be told to "shut up" or "move on" for expressing an opinion that may differ than others, especially when it's in a civil manner.  Furthermore, NO ONE is "out of touch" just because they prefer one way of listening to her their music or the other.  In my case, I love to experience listening to my favorite music on multiple formats.  Streaming is definitely convenient, but I also love to listen to my favorite on my Vinyls just as well.  Experience music the way you prefer, but don't assume everyone is doing it your way only or think they are unrealistic because they express there are multiple ways of experiencing the sounds one enjoys!  :)