Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

8 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Of course people are already moaning! 
Anyway, can someone that bought the LP Box Set from the US store from Europe can tell me what does the UPS tracking says? Me and some friends are still in the “Shipment Ready for UPS” phase so not really shipped yet. 

I love the collection.  It is fun to play DJ and recreate it but I actually love it as is.  

15 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I love what I have heard so far!  I really love it but if I were King of the Universe....

The only changes that I would make to Finally Enough Love ; 50 Number One are:

• The songs all need to be chronological... period 
  • She should have just included all # 1's that encompassed the 50!  Lucky Star, Angel, Causing a Commotion, Spotlight, Over & Over, and Where's the Party could have been added.  We could still celebrate 50 Number Ones with 56 Songs and without the tough cuts.
  • If capped at 50... Lucky Star should be in... it is glorious and classical  - No excuse to include Crave or Me Against the Music and not Lucky Star (and I actually like Crave and MATM a lot but... really?)     
  • If capped at 50... Causing a Commotion should be in as well... pure pop perfection (I would have dumped  many songs before not including this treasure)  No way would I include American Pie and not Causing a Commotion (and I love AP but a 50 cut off is tough business).  The CAC omission is utter blasphemy.  Why is she punishing Nicki Finn and siding with Abbie Reynolds?  LOL  
  • Justify My Love needs the "You can fuck with me" line.  I love my Bad Girl Madonna.  
  • We need the naughty Erotica [WO Remix ]  (same rational as Justify My Love above.
  • Bedtime Story should be the [Orbital Mix].  Junior is decent but Orbit's mix is magic.  
  • Love Profusion should be [Ralphi Rosario Big Room Vox Edit]
  • I Rise should be [Drew G Remix Edit]... I always picture Madonna rising above the stage a smiting her enemies when I hear that mix
  • There would be two or three new songs.... Yeah I am greedy!  

Best moments for me are Everybody, Like a Virgin, Open Your Heart, Keep It Together, Fever,  Ray of Light, Impressive Instant, Hung Up, Give It 2 Me, Celebration, Medellin + I Don't Search I Find.  

Cannot wait for my 6 Vinyl, 2 Silver Vinyl, 3 CD, 1 CD + Digital 3 CD to come.  

You are missing a little bit the point though. The list came from Billboard:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-achieves-50th-no-1-on-dance-club-songs-chart

Aside from CAC all the songs chosen are part of the list. Lucky Star was actually number 1 because it was a b-side of Holiday, but Holiday was the dance hit. Let’s not forget Lucky Star was actually re-released after (as Nile said even in the Paper Magazine Interview). Yes she chose to include more cuts from YCD because it makes sense to have Everybody in a compilation since it’s the 40th Anniversary. And she choose Physical Attraction because to her sounded more underground. Also I get i it, I miss CAC too, but then again it’s the only number one that got a fucking 12” by itself this year. A new EP was created for it! Crave, Me Against The Music and American Pie are part of the 50 number 1 list, of course they are included! 
About the Orbital Mix of Bedtime Story, it’s my fav remix too but the Junior one works better after his own Secret remix and there is not real edit of the Orbital One (well the Re-Invention version is an edit for sure, but you know what I mean). 

14 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Of course people are already moaning! 
Anyway, can someone that bought the LP Box Set from the US store from Europe can tell me what does the UPS tracking says? Me and some friends are still in the “Shipment Ready for UPS” phase so not really shipped yet. 

Why u moaning about the moaning baby? Just enjoy! You must love the moaning too since it seems you love to make comments!

7 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-achieves-50th-no-1-on-dance-club-songs-chart

Aside from CAC all the songs chosen are part of the list. Lucky Star was actually number 1 because it was a b-side of Holiday, but Holiday was the dance hit. Let’s not forget Lucky Star was actually re-released after (as Nile said even in the Paper Magazine Interview). Yes she chose to include more cuts from YCD because it makes sense to have Everybody in a compilation since it’s the 40th Anniversary. And she choose Physical Attraction because to her sounded more underground. Also I get i it, I miss CAC too, but then again it’s the only number one that got a fucking 12” by itself this year. A new EP was created for it! Crave, Me Against The Music and American Pie are part of the 50 number 1 list, of course they are included! 
About the Orbital Mix of Bedtime Story, it’s my fav remix too but the Junior one works better after his own Secret remix and there is not real edit of the Orbital One (well the Re-Invention version is an edit for sure, but you know what I mean). 

Yeah the tracklist is not perfect but that literally never happens with a compilation. It really becomes a matter of opinion. 

I’m just so happy I get all these glorious remixes to play on vinyl.

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

Aside from CAC all the songs chosen are part of the list. Lucky Star was actually number 1 because it was a b-side of Holiday, but Holiday was the dance hit. Let’s not forget Lucky Star was actually re-released after (as Nile said even in the Paper Magazine Interview). Yes she chose to include more cuts from YCD because it makes sense to have Everybody in a compilation since it’s the 40th Anniversary. And she choose Physical Attraction because to her sounded more underground. Also I get i it, I miss CAC too, but then again it’s the only number one that got a ficking 12” by itself this year. A new EP was created for it! Crave, Me Against The Music and American Pie are part of the 50 number 1 list, of course they are included! 
About the Orbital Mix of Bedtime Story, it’s my fav remix too but the Junior one works better after his own Secret remix and it there is not real edit of the Orbital One (well the Re-Invention version is an edit for sure, but you know what I mean). 

Oh I understand :).  I love the collection but it is fun playing DJ a bit.  hehe  I agree that Everybody was necessary due to the timing (40th anniversary) and it was a number three in its' own right without You Can Dance.  I love every song that she picked but anytime Madonna songs are limited, there are gonna be tough calls.  Again, I love the records, as is,  but it is fun to play.   XOXOX 

8 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Oh I understand :).  I love the collection but it is fun playing DJ a bit.  hehe  I agree that Everybody was necessary due to the timing (40th anniversary) and it was a number three in its' own right without You Can Dance.  I love every song that she picked but anytime Madonna songs are limited, there are gonna be tough calls.  Again, I love the records, as is,  but it is fun to play.   XOXOX 

I mean, as compilations goes this is her most complete to date! Yes ballads are missing but this is 10.000 better than that horror that was Celebration with no chronological order, songs missing, fake edits and glitches! 

Just now, cosmic_system said:

I love to talk about Madonna, so I like to comments. You basically only like to Mona about stuff. It’s different. 

Aw that's not very bright of you. You can view my profile and see all the posts ive commented on and you can clearly read the only thing ive moaned about is this release. You can literally see me get into arguments defending her but I guess maybe thats me overestimating you. You can apologize to me for being wrong though since I've defended her biopic her performance with maluma, and oddly enough having to defend her mental health since alot of people here felt she was having mental issues and issues with alcohol...check yourself don't wreck yourself.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Aw that's not very bright of you. You can view my profile and see all the posts ive commented on and you can clearly read the only thing ive moaned about is this release. You can literally see me get into arguments defending her but I guess maybe thats me overestimating you. You can apologize to me for being wrong though since I've defended her biopic her performance with maluma, and oddly enough having to defend her mental health since alot of people here felt she was having mental issues and issues with alcohol...check yourself don't wreck yourself.

Good for you. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic