Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

1 minute ago, Fabiolous said:

Working on posting the pictures. Unfortunately it came just as I was leaving for work, so I only managed to get a few pics.

The inner sleeves are the sunglasses pictures with different color backgrounds, one for each colour of the rainbow

thank God its not just plain lol

I'm on Turn Up The Radio...pretty strong compilation so far tbh.

For me the album dies a little in one section and that is after Hollywood. Me Against The Music, Nothing Fails and Love Profusion in a row is...painfully boring. Hung Up woke me up and i've been loving it since then. 

Listening to these all in a row, her last decade doesn't even sound "worse" than her previous one overall tbh. 

Pretty strong release. And it's also interesting how the concept of a remix changed since the 80's. We went from "songs close to the album versions but a bit more dancey" to what we have now, lol. It actually sounds like a Greatest Hits at first

40 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I'm on Turn Up The Radio...pretty strong compilation so far tbh.

For me the album dies a little in one section and that is after Hollywood. Me Against The Music, Nothing Fails and Love Profusion in a row is...painfully boring. Hung Up woke me up and i've been loving it since then. 

Listening to these all in a row, her last decade doesn't even sound "worse" than her previous one overall tbh. 

Pretty strong release. And it's also interesting how the concept of a remix changed since the 80's. We went from "songs close to the album versions but a bit more dancey" to what we have now, lol. It actually sounds like a Greatest Hits at first

I actually think Nothing Fails and Love profusion are among my favourites here. Especially Love Profusion. I'll be blasting it all weekend

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah. I meant I like it better like that than the cover.

Oh...thats not really saying much tho lol you would've thought they would've at least used another shot in there too instead the same image over and over with a black green and whatever other color...especially for that price 🥴

I love what I have heard so far!  I really love it but if I were King of the Universe....

The only changes that I would make to Finally Enough Love ; 50 Number One are:

• The songs all need to be chronological... period 
  • She should have just included all # 1's that encompassed the 50!  Lucky Star, Angel, Causing a Commotion, Spotlight, Over & Over, and Where's the Party could have been added.  We could still celebrate 50 Number Ones with 56 Songs and without the tough cuts.
  • If capped at 50... Lucky Star should be in... it is glorious and classical  - No excuse to include Crave or Me Against the Music and not Lucky Star (and I actually like Crave and MATM a lot but... really?)     
  • If capped at 50... Causing a Commotion should be in as well... pure pop perfection (I would have dumped  many songs before not including this treasure)  No way would I include American Pie and not Causing a Commotion (and I love AP but a 50 cut off is tough business).  The CAC omission is utter blasphemy.  Why is she punishing Nicki Finn and siding with Abbie Reynolds?  LOL  
  • Justify My Love needs the "You can fuck with me" line.  I love my Bad Girl Madonna.  
  • We need the naughty Erotica [WO Remix ]  (same rational as Justify My Love above.
  • Bedtime Story should be the [Orbital Mix].  Junior is decent but Orbit's mix is magic.  
  • Love Profusion should be [Ralphi Rosario Big Room Vox Edit]
  • I Rise should be [Drew G Remix Edit]... I always picture Madonna rising above the stage a smiting her enemies when I hear that mix
  • There would be two or three new songs.... Yeah I am greedy!  

Best moments for me are Everybody, Like a Virgin, Open Your Heart, Keep It Together, Fever,  Ray of Light, Impressive Instant, Hung Up, Give It 2 Me, Celebration, Medellin + I Don't Search I Find.  

Cannot wait for my 6 Vinyl, 2 Silver Vinyl, 3 CD, 1 CD + Digital 3 CD to come.  

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic