02. Material Girl ("Celebration"/Digital Single Version): 412M

02. Hung Up: 395M

04. La Isla Bonita: 349M

05. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 320M

06. 4 Minutes ("Celebration" Version): 291M

07. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 265M

08. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 217M

09. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 160M

10. Crazy For You: 124M -> New in her All Time Top 10, thanks to the tour, I guess?

11. Papa Don't Preach: 124M

12. Into The Groove: 117M

13. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 102M

14. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 99M

15. Bitch I'm Madonna: 97M

16. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 79M

17. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 78M

18. Music: 77M

19. Medellín: 70M

20. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 62M

21. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 60M

22. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 60M

23. Take A Bow: 55M

24. Live To Tell: 54M

25. American Pie: 54M

26. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 52M

27. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 50M

28. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 50M

29. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 50M

30. Girl Gone Wild: 50M

31. True Blue: 48M

32. The Power Of Good-Bye: 46M

33. Give It 2 Me: 46M

34. Faz Gostoso: 45M

35. Jump: 41M

36. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 40M

37. Die Another Day: 40M

38. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 38M

39. Ghosttown: 37M

40. Celebration ("Celebration" Album Version): 37M

41. Give Me All Your Luvin': 36M

42. Living For Love: 35M

43. Frozen ("Celebration" Extended Version): 34M

44. Who's That Girl: 34M

45. Open Your Heart ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 31M

46. Don't Tell Me (Album Version): 31M

47. Lucky Star ("Madonna" Album Version): 30M

48. Beautiful Stranger ("Celebration"/OST Album Version): 26M

49. Get Together: 25M

50. Vogue ("I'm Breathless" Album Edit): 25M

On 2/18/2024 at 2:01 PM, BoyToyMark said:

The Power Of Good-bye is still one of her highest streamed singles despite not being on Celebration; it probably should've been.

I'm still surprised that we got Hollywood and Miles Away but not The Power of Goodbye... or Jump and Give It 2 Me that were massive in Europe.

15 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

I'm still surprised that we got Hollywood and Miles Away but not The Power of Goodbye... or Jump and Give It 2 Me that were massive in Europe.

Hollywood is a significant single so I understand that. Massive radio play, VMA performance, huge dance/club single and in UK and Aus was really popular. It also should've done well in the US, just the boycott. 

Yeah I agree, Give It 2 Me should've definitely been on Celebration instead of Miles Away though. 

They should definitely release a Digital 3CD version of Celebration and include all of those. Would definitely increase streams of those songs too.

16 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

"Miles Away" was very big in Japan cause it was used as the theme on a drama TV series. According to Wikipedia:

"Miles Away" achieved the best commercial reception in Japan, where it was used as the theme for Fuji Television drama Change. It was first released there as a promotional single in 2008, following "4 Minutes". The song peaked at number seven on the Japan Hot 100 on May 30, 2008, and stayed on the chart for 10 weeks. It became the best-selling digital single of 2008 and received music certifications from the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ)—platinum for 250,000 PC downloads, and double platinum for 500,000 master ringtones. At the 23rd annual Japan Gold Disc Awards, "Miles Away" won three awards as "Mastertone of the Year", "Mobile Single Track of the Year" and "Online Single Track of the Year". According to the RIAJ, the song has sold 681,000 digital downloads as of April 2009.

Almost 700.000 digital sales in 2009 in one country was A LOT.

At least that Japan success was the excuse for it being on "Celebration", as published on the official ICON magazine back in 2010 (it read something like "some fans were confused "Miles Away" was included and not "Give It 2 Me" but did you know "Miles Away" was a huge hit in Japan?" Emily working hard on the excuses back then!).

In reality probably she didn't include "Give It 2 Me" to force fans to buy "Hard Candy" to get it, back when CD sales were still something, she's always been like that, never giving away everything on a single package, same with her previous compilations.

"The Power" should have been on "Celebration", "What It Feels Like A For A Girl" too, etc. etc., but same reason as "Give It 2 Me" maybe?

I don't recall "Jump" being massive in Europe? Just a medium hit, like "Get Together". Checking Wikipedia "Jump" was just #19 on the European Hot 100 Singles chart (Billboard) and "Get Together" #18. The two monster hits of that album were "Hung Up" and "Sorry" of course, both #1 on that chart.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Miles Away" was very big in Japan cause it was used as the theme on a drama TV series. According to Wikipedia:

"Miles Away" achieved the best commercial reception in Japan, where it was used as the theme for Fuji Television drama Change. It was first released there as a promotional single in 2008, following "4 Minutes". The song peaked at number seven on the Japan Hot 100 on May 30, 2008, and stayed on the chart for 10 weeks. It became the best-selling digital single of 2008 and received music certifications from the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ)—platinum for 250,000 PC downloads, and double platinum for 500,000 master ringtones. At the 23rd annual Japan Gold Disc Awards, "Miles Away" won three awards as "Mastertone of the Year", "Mobile Single Track of the Year" and "Online Single Track of the Year". According to the RIAJ, the song has sold 681,000 digital downloads as of April 2009.

Almost 700.000 digital sales in 2009 in one country was A LOT.

At least that Japan success was the excuse for it being on "Celebration", as published on the official ICON magazine back in 2010 (it read something like "some fans were confused "Miles Away" was included and not "Give It 2 Me" but did you know "Miles Away" was a huge hit in Japan?" Emily working hard on the excuses back then!).

In reality probably she didn't include "Give It 2 Me" to force fans to buy "Hard Candy" to get it, back when CD sales were still something, she's always been like that, never giving away everything on a single package, same with her previous compilations.

"The Power" should have been on "Celebration", "What It Feels Like A For A Girl" too, etc. etc., but same reason as "Give It 2 Me" maybe?

I don't recall "Jump" being massive in Europe? Just a medium hit, like "Get Together". Checking Wikipedia "Jump" was just #19 on the European Hot 100 Singles chart (Billboard) and "Get Together" #18. The two monster hits of that album were "Hung Up" and "Sorry" of course, both #1 on that chart.

Yes, this is why I always thought MILES AWAY was included on Celebration album.  The album was trying to reach as many regions and demographics as possible.  While I understand the angst with Give It 2 Me, but I see how Warners was trying to capitalize on the regional success of Miles Away in Japan to help sell this compilation in that region. I think some fans get too passionate about what they like personally, forgetting that she has fan bases world-wide and a compilation like this definitely covers all the bases.  

I was thinking how the "Celebration" 4LP vinyl reissue would be the perfect chance for Warner/Rhino/Emily/whoever to finally fix two things on digital regarding this compilation:

- Fixing the horrible glitches on "Music" ("Celebration" Version)

- Finally merging "Like A Prayer" and "Material Girl" compilation versions with their respective album versions

Of course it won't happen but...

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

- Finally merging "Like A Prayer" and "Material Girl" compilation versions with their respective album versions

Of course it won't happen but...

I was looking at her totals on kworb and it looks like Hung Up & La Isla album/Celebration tracks are merged, correct? And possibly some Celebration versions taken from TIC. I wonder why those two outliers aren’t.

Any time I look at her totals I’m shocked by how low LAP TIC version’s streams are. That version was so popular on US recurrent radio all through the 90s-00s. It’s wild how it’s so comparatively forgotten.

1 minute ago, MikeyK said:

I was looking at her totals on kworb and it looks like Hung Up & La Isla album/Celebration tracks are merged, correct? And possibly some Celebration versions taken from TIC. I wonder why those two outliers aren’t.

Any time I look at her totals I’m shocked by how low LAP TIC version’s streams are. That version was so popular on US recurrent radio all through the 90s-00s. It’s wild how it’s so comparatively forgotten.

Yep, “Hung Up” and “La Isla” are merged :-)

On 2/23/2024 at 11:03 PM, Prayer said:

It didn't sell a lot of physical copies, but when it comes to radio airplay, yes, Jump was pretty successful; just like Hung Up and Sorry, italian local radios regularly play it... I can't talk about other european countries, but if you have a look at Spotify numbers, it's among her 40 most streamed songs (top 30 if you ignore the double versions and the various remixes).

On the other hand, we can't say the same about the mediocre numbers of Hollywood and WIFLFAG (in particular the remix that it's among her least streamed singles).