Blond Ambition Tour Dallas Professional Footage- My Theory

MattyMads

Does anyone have any more info on this I have a theory that this was possibly the original chosen show for filming and release my thinking for this:

The video footage that is out there if you notice in Express yourself and Open Your Heart you have different camera angles to other press footage that was released from other shows.

During Express Yourself the lights appear to be more blue than other venues which to me resembles TOD footage.

We know there is the Dallas Soundboard audio that was released by Westwood for Radio in August of 1990, but that audio is a combination of the 2 nights Express Yourself - CAC is from the 7th and the remaining is the 8th. It just seems strange to record audio for 2 shows.

The audio was obviously edited omitting talking by what I assume was the record company to use for radio broadcast? 

There is also professional video footage Causing A Commotion,  Vogue & Holiday on some Madonna specials during the 90s

We know the weather was really bad in Japan and several shows were filmed for the original concept of TOD so I assume they were not happy with that footage and the scale back of props and dancing, so IMO did she use the opening nights in Houston as a tester because it was in the US , they had 2  nights to play around with an Arena setup , we also have professional footage for Houston which was shown on MTV from the 2 nights.

The next stop after Houston was then Dallas for 2 nights.

So do any other Blond lovers have anymore information or do you think I just have too much time on my hands :Madonna034:

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

Does anyone have any more info on this I have a theory that this was possibly the original chosen show for filming and release my thinking for this:

The video footage that is out there if you notice in Express yourself and Open Your Heart you have different camera angles to other press footage that was released from other shows.

During Express Yourself the lights appear to be more blue than other venues which to me resembles TOD footage.

We know there is the Dallas Soundboard audio that was released by Westwood for Radio in August of 1990, but that audio is a combination of the 2 nights Express Yourself - CAC is from the 7th and the remaining is the 8th. It just seems strange to record audio for 2 shows.

The audio was obviously edited omitting talking by what I assume was the record company to use for radio broadcast? 

There is also professional video footage Causing A Commotion,  Vogue & Holiday on some Madonna specials during the 90s

We know the weather was really bad in Japan and several shows were filmed for the original concept of TOD so I assume they were not happy with that footage and the scale back of props and dancing, so IMO did she use the opening nights in Houston as a tester because it was in the US , they had 2  nights to play around with an Arena setup , we also have professional footage for Houston which was shown on MTV from the 2 nights.

The next stop after Houston was then Dallas for 2 nights.

So do any other Blond lovers have anymore information or do you think I just have too much time on my hands :Madonna034:

In Truth Or Dare/ In Bed With Madonna she talks about audio issues as shown in the Keep It Together segment, when was that? I think that might be after the ponytail had gone though. Also in Dallas, if they had set up to record the audio on the first night it'd be a no brainer to record the second night too I'd imagine. This was back in the day when she'd sing the whole show live so they would want as many sources as possible to draw from if they wanted a live audio recording to broadcast or sell. Someone must know. Where's John Draper? lol

24 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

In Truth Or Dare/ In Bed With Madonna she talks about audio issues as shown in the Keep It Together segment, when was that? I think that might be after the ponytail had gone though. Also in Dallas, if they had set up to record the audio on the first night it'd be a no brainer to record the second night too I'd imagine. This was back in the day when she'd sing the whole show live so they would want as many sources as possible to draw from if they wanted a live audio recording to broadcast or sell. Someone must know. Where's John Draper? lol

The Keep it together footage is from the last night in Paris she had sound problems that night, but when she is discussing it backstage with the ponytail that is LA, she had sound problems for that show but it would appear no video footage captured it.

I also hate the fact that due to multiple transmissions of the soundboard recording of this Dallas tour and severe alterations and cuts made (specially mentioning the outro of Papa Don't Preach performance), the rate speed as well as the duration of the concert is not exactly as the original master.

Well, I was able to correct the rate speed of BAT London 2nd Night. I tried my best on the Dallas Show, but it didn't. It's really painful to edit.

I appreciate how y'all love the BAT and I can see why. Because it's the most iconic tour in  history, FFS!! 😅😅 (I would also argue that only Madonna herself came up with better tours afterwards but I know not everybody would agree with me on that)

I think the theory makes sense, it explains why we have TONS & TONS of footage from that tour. 

Now that you pointed it out, it does make a lot sense that they shot some footages there. 

I actually like the Dallas Soundboard for this tour, especially remastered for The Party's Right Here. Sounds amazing thought they may have switched the channels... and the fake ass crowd. 

Also, a little off the track, I feel like Keep It Together in Truth or Dare is being redubbed in the studio. 

As a matter of fact, I did notice this. Last night I came across a YouTube channel last night with a bunch of new reports from I THINK Houston? I did notice that some of the footage looked more colourful and had different views. Maybe they had an issue with the audio? I remember her voice not being the greatest during that leg of the American tour. However the instrumentation in the Dallas recording is phenomenal. Probably the best we have. It seems more “live” whereas the Europe shows have more prominent synths and for some reason different drums.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Does the full show even exist?

And wasn't a US show filmed to show the people at HBO? Or was that New Jersey?

I think it was Boston and New Jersey, also I think that Detroit too because we already have the full NJ show and some parts of the Boston show and a B-Roll from the first 3 songs in the Detroit show also a clip before Now I'm Following You. 

5 minutes ago, Andymad said:

As a matter of fact, I did notice this. Last night I came across a YouTube channel last night with a bunch of new reports from I THINK Houston? I did notice that some of the footage looked more colourful and had different views. Maybe they had an issue with the audio? I remember her voice not being the greatest during that leg of the American tour. However the instrumentation in the Dallas recording is phenomenal. Probably the best we have. It seems more “live” whereas the Europe shows have more prominent synths and for some reason different drums.

Papa Don't Preach in The Party's Right Here still lives in my head. The supporting synth bass thumping through gave me chills.

I don't know where I read that article if it was here or outside of this forum:

There's actually a full unedited audio (original master) of this tour but was meant for FM Radio Broadcast. So in order to make this not that time consuming on the broadcast, they trimmed a lot of parts on the soundboard audio (mostly the speeches) then after the edit, the Westwood One FM Radio Network destroyed the original master then keep the edited one.

I think this is the reason why the only audio that existed is the bootleg named "The Party's Right Here", and other cassette tape recording from transmission made by fans. I don't know if it is true, I can't recall if I read it from the Facebook page named "Madonna 's 80s Archive" or outside of website. Ugh I'm so forgetful. I just read it a year ago.

I admit the soundboard recording of this tour is so beautiful than the BAT London FM Broadcast. 

This audio I downloaded from a defunct mp3 downloading website is far better and easy to edit the rate speed than the copy we have on lossless that doesn't have the FM Radio Speaker included. I've been looking for this on a lossless quality.

The Dallas soundboard is definitely the best if only they hadn't got rid of the original master we would have had the full show :cry:

I believe it was the New Jersey show that was sent to HBO 

I just love the Blond Ambition i'm obsessed after all these years it never gets tiresome and every show sounds so different to the previous one.

1 minute ago, MattyMads said:

The Dallas soundboard is definitely the best if only they hadn't got rid of the original master we would have had the full show :cry:

I believe it was the New Jersey show that was sent to HBO 

I just love the Blond Ambition i'm obsessed after all these years it never gets tiresome and every show sounds so different to the previous one.

Same here, that would be one of the best shows in BAT. I also thinking that too, if there's a full show because it's impossible that the audio is the only thing they recorded. I also hate they trimmed the "Hey you! Don't be silly, put a rubber on your willy!" part on Into The Groove.

my two cents... MTV had the exclusive for Houston as they sponsored the tour.  This meant that Dallas was the next city that footage could be serviced to news stations around the world.

As for the radio broadcast, if you listen to the bootleg recordings from both nights in Dallas, there were many mistakes during the first night. My theory is they planned on recording the first night - but she addressed the crowed as Houston and then kept apologizing during the opening of Holiday. Vogue also was a mess as the "snaps" were completely off during the intro and they just stopped them at some point. Westwood One must have recorded the second night to "fill in the gaps" of all the mistakes during opening night...

10 minutes ago, club78boy said:

my two cents... MTV had the exclusive for Houston as they sponsored the tour.  This meant that Dallas was the next city that footage could be serviced to news stations around the world.

As for the radio broadcast, if you listen to the bootleg recordings from both nights in Dallas, there were many mistakes during the first night. My theory is they planned on recording the first night - but she addressed the crowed as Houston and then kept apologizing during the opening of Holiday. Vogue also was a mess as the "snaps" were completely off during the intro and they just stopped them at some point. Westwood One must have recorded the second night to "fill in the gaps" of all the mistakes during opening night...

How do you know these things? 

You're literally a walking BAT legend.

9 minutes ago, club78boy said:

My theory is they planned on recording the first night - but she addressed the crowed as Houston and then kept apologizing during the opening of Holiday. Vogue also was a mess as the "snaps" were completely off during the intro and they just stopped them at some point. Westwood One must have recorded the second night to "fill in the gaps" of all the mistakes during opening night...

I also noticed that one too that she kept mentioning Houston even on the 2nd night during Like A Prayer when she said "C'mon Hous... C'mon Dallas, put your hands together"... Now it really making things clearer to me.

I was at the dallas show where she thanked houston at the end before she came out for the encore and everyone booed. LOL. She came out and apologized. I do not remember seeing pro cameras there filming, but they could have been and I just didnt see them. Best show ever!! It was my 2nd time seeing here, wtg was the first.