U2 Fires Manager Guy Oseary

Shoful

11 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

I don't see what it proves. She didn't release those things to please her fans and never pretended to.

That's where we disagree. As I said before, I'm interested in her music and artistic career. 

The point of artist business partnerships is to target the core audience: the fans, as they are the ones to purchase anything before the general public. 

Lets not forget the “Hard Candy” Gyms and the Madonna murals painted all throughout them… I’m sure the general publics main interest in signing up at those gyms was to do barbell squats in front of a Gimme All Your Luvin mural.

2 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Zero and zero ! But I don't see myself as the target. I enjoy her music and shows, the rest is not my business.

And I believe MDNAskin was at least quality stuff, instead of cheap supermarket cosmetics by Britney or Jlo.

I'd rather have Madonna venturing as she sees fit because she's an investor and she likes innovation vs. Taylor Swift who will release 10873 editions of the same CD with a different color printed on the back :eyeroll: . Remember when she sold "digitally signed" mp3 artwork. I could go on forever. These stars are scammers. At least M is not doing this, she sells her stuff at high price to take money from the rich.

Yes she steals from the rich to give to the poor. A modern day Robin Hood.

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

and also to reach other demographics, via different projects. Why do you want her endorsements to aim her already committed fanbase only? That's bad business.

Because she has nothing but her fanbase? Are you blind? Her reputation and popularuty has been gking downhill for ages! How blind are you?

I agree that Guy Oseary is not the best manager.

But the real problem is, if you ask me if these terrible worst choices Madonna has made in recent years are solely due to Guy Oseary's incompetence, I can never agree with that.

We must not forget that We're talking about The Madonna right now, not the powerless rookie that the manager controls at will.

Did he force to Madonna to ruin her body with that horrible, huge fake hip surgery? No, it's obvious that Madonna herself stubborn. Of course, if he was a good manager, when Madonna would have tried to ruin her body by herself with such terrible plastic surgery, he should stopped her. 

In that respect, it is clear that he is not a good manager. But it is unfair to put all the consequences of such stupidity on his hands. Because Madonna herself seems to be more responsible for making such a stupid decision.

I think people are confused about what a music manager is. Artists don’t work for their managers, the managers work for the artist. For a 10% cut of their earnings.

Of course they have a responsibility to guide the artist with their choices including creative choices but at the end of the day the artist decides what they want to do.

Its nothing like a manager at your office job who tells you what to do.

To say Guy should have stopped Madonna having cosmetic procedures is ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think people are confused about what a music manager is. Artists don’t work for their managers, the managers work for the artist. For a 10% cut of their earnings.

Of course they have a responsibility to guide the artist with their choices including creative choices but at the end of the day the artist decides what they want to do.

To say Guy should have stopped Madonna having cosmetic procedures is ridiculous.

I agree with most of the stuff you said, but he is way more than a music manager at this point, no?

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

That’s 100% true. But the issue I have is how her career is being handled on the management side. Madonna herself admitted that Guy pressured her to cut down on the tour production so they can increase the profit margin. Ever since she left Warner her projects seem mismanaged and half assed. Meanwhile it seems to me like she’s putting a lot of effort on her end and it all gets damaged along the way.

And I’ve said this before and will say it again. Guy can’t tell her what to do but he does have a lot of influence on her. But he seems just as disconnected from reality as she is and it’s the blind leading the blind.

Obviously, I have no idea what’s going on, but it seems to me like he’s just a yes man doing the bare minimum. Maybe it’s her. Maybe she wore him out and he just threw in the towel. But then he should just quit and let someone else who’s more motivated work with her

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

That’s 100% true. But the issue I have is how her career is being handled on the management side. Madonna herself admitted that Guy pressured her to cut down on the tour production so they can increase the profit margin. Ever since she left Warner her projects seem mismanaged and half assed. Meanwhile it seems to me like she’s putting a lot of effort on her end and it all gets damaged along the way.

And I’ve said this before and will say it again. Guy can’t tell her what to do but he does have a lot of influence on her. But he seems just as disconnected from reality as she is and it’s the blind leading the blind.

Obviously, I have no idea what’s going on, but it seems to me like he’s just a yes man doing the bare minimum. Maybe it’s her. Maybe she wore him out and he just threw in the towel. But then he should just quit and let someone else who’s more motivated work with her

One thing Guy should be utterly responsible for is the Rebel Heart leaks. Leaks had been happening for every Madonna lead single since Frozen, not to mention several high profile leaks for other artists. The fact that he didn't protect her work better and come up with a system for that before disaster struck falls on him, totally. 

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

One thing Guy should be utterly responsible for is the Rebel Heart leaks. Leaks had been happening for every Madonna lead single since Frozen, not to mention several high profile leaks for other artists. The fact that he didn't protect her work better and come up with a system for that before disaster struck falls on him, totally. 

Did any of U2’s music leak?

6 hours ago, MadameX said:

I agree that Guy Oseary is not the best manager.

But the real problem is, if you ask me if these terrible worst choices Madonna has made in recent years are solely due to Guy Oseary's incompetence, I can never agree with that.

We must not forget that We're talking about The Madonna right now, not the powerless rookie that the manager controls at will.

Did he force to Madonna to ruin her body with that horrible, huge fake hip surgery? No, it's obvious that Madonna herself stubborn. Of course, if he was a good manager, when Madonna would have tried to ruin her body by herself with such terrible plastic surgery, he should stopped her. 

In that respect, it is clear that he is not a good manager. But it is unfair to put all the consequences of such stupidity on his hands. Because Madonna herself seems to be more responsible for making such a stupid decision.

I so agree with that, she changed a lot mentally and that´s why her carreer is in such in a serious decline, after decades of being literally the top,  that she is not even recognised for her legendary and once in a life time carreer. Maybe nobody grounds her but the choices are hers for sure. What she has done to her body is a sign of how she is mentally, and for sure a person who tries so much hiding her age and that drinks and more things so much is not fine, and we all know that.

2 hours ago, adirondak said:

He's been suspiciously involved with leaks for years.... not after she personally stopped it after what happened with RH.

9 hours ago, heikeeduardo said:

Or the H&M deal back in 2007

Back then, it was a huge story and a clever move. Her face was all over the place and in stores, people loved the photo shoot and the items sold quickly. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't remember well, I was never the target of womens clothing anyway and I don't feel bad about it.

I'm tired of you all coming after me because you don't like what happened like I was part of it. I'm just saying I get the business intention. They're business adventurers, not being conservative or repetitive or playing too secure. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss. In the end, it doesn't change a thing for me and she's still richer.

I think Guy O should be respected for that, as many professionals praise his work. Instead, you all are going batshit crazy accusing him of butchering surgeries and downhill legacy reputation legacy Spotify legacy NFT legacy fanbase legacy I still don't know what. The music business has changed since the 80s, haven't you noticed? M is not an artist who built her career on fan service, haven't you noticed?

I try to analyse things instead of being judgemental and overly critical ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Haters gonna hate.

When it's not Guy O, it's Caresse, when it's not Caresse, it's Emily, when it's not Emily, it's LiveNation, and then back again to Warner being the most despicable and incompetent people. BLABLABLA. I hope nobody talks about your work like you do about theirs, that's horrible thinking and such a petty mindset.

Feels like you all want to be milked with stupid merch so you can spend all on your money on Mum to prove you're better fans than me. GO AHEAD, I'm not playing this game.

• Jackie locked this topic