The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

59 minutes ago, Mden said:

What MJ turned down was the instrumental demo. That was what Patrick had to offer. Madonna added the lyrics and the melody. 

I'm sure if MJ did use it, it really would have been a totally different song.  Patrick may have provided the makings of the song, but it's because of Madonna, I feel the song became what it was. 

1 hour ago, Mden said:

What MJ turned down was the instrumental demo. That was what Patrick had to offer. Madonna added the lyrics and the melody. 

From the Wikipedia:

One of the instrumental demos Leonard submitted for Jackson's approval had "some form of a vocal", and included the phrase "La Isla Bonita", but Jackson and Jones did not like it and rejected it. After meeting with Madonna to start working on True Blue, Leonard showed her the demo, and she worked on it to create some of the lyrics and melodies; "it wouldn't have occurred to me to do anything like that with her. But she liked it", Leonard recalled.

36 minutes ago, Justice said:

From the Wikipedia:

One of the instrumental demos Leonard submitted for Jackson's approval had "some form of a vocal", and included the phrase "La Isla Bonita", but Jackson and Jones did not like it and rejected it. After meeting with Madonna to start working on True Blue, Leonard showed her the demo, and she worked on it to create some of the lyrics and melodies; "it wouldn't have occurred to me to do anything like that with her. But she liked it", Leonard recalled.

‘Written and produced by Madonna and Patrick Leonard, with additional lyrics by Bruce Gaitsch, the song was originally presented by Leonard as an instrumental demo to Michael Jackson, who turned it down; Leonard then played it to Madonna, who liked it and wrote the lyrics and melodies.’  From wiki

P. Leonard is credited for the phrase La Isla Bonita and the Some Form Of A Vocal😁

16 minutes ago, Mden said:

‘Written and produced by Madonna and Patrick Leonard, with additional lyrics by Bruce Gaitsch, the song was originally presented by Leonard as an instrumental demo to Michael Jackson, who turned it down; Leonard then played it to Madonna, who liked it and wrote the lyrics and melodies.’  From wiki

P. Leonard is credited for the phrase La Isla Bonita and the Some Form Of Vocal😁

Yep, Madonna was inspired while dribving in her car and saw the San Pedro exit (maybe she was visiting Bukowski with Sean since he lived there before moving in with them for a while in Malibu) and she pictured an exotic island in her mind.

35 minutes ago, missberic said:

And Open Your Heart was supposed to be offered to Cyndi Lauper but was mistakenly presented to M, right?

No mistake!  It was written for Cyndi, titled as "Follow Your Heart" but the writers never got a chance to present it to her. Meanwhile, Freddy Demann (Madonna's manager at the time) was working with the writers of that song.  He mentioned he was looking for songs for Madonna's third album. The writers submitted three demos, and one of them was "Follow Your Heart".  When Freddy heard the song, he asked for a demo recording with a female on it, and that's how Donna Delory entered the picture.  She was the girlfriend to one of the writers.  After the female demo was presented to Madonna, she accepted it, changed the title and the lyrics, and the rest becomes history, including Donna eventually becoming one of Madonna's back up singers for years to come.

I would be happy with this Celebration Tour Setlist 

Career Montage

Everybody

Into the Groove/Causing a Commotion

Physical Attraction/Crave

Lucky Star 

Borderline/Crazy For You

VULGAR 

Vogue

Hung Up

Deeper and Deeper/Living for Love 

Girl Gone Wild

Express Yourself 

Justify My Love/Erotica/Bad Girl/Human Nature 

This Used to be my Playground 

Like A Virgin

Material Girl/Gworrrl

Dress You Up

Open Your Heart

Papa Don’t Preach

La Isla Bonita/Who’s that Girl 

Rescue Me

Like A Prayer

Frozen/Remix

Ray of Light 

Die Another Day

Secret 

Take A Bow

Popular

Music

Give me all your Luvin’/Bitch I’m Madonna

Holiday/Celebration 

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Really I don't remember that. Probably because she wasn't feeling very cheery and lovestruck eh?

It was in b-roll of the Molly Meldrum 1989 interview that leaked a few years back. She said it’s because it didn’t fit the theme/mood of the album. But she doesn’t seem overly excited about the song to me.

4 hours ago, Justice said:

From the Wikipedia:

4 hours ago, Mden said:

P. Leonard is credited for the phrase La Isla Bonita and the Some Form Of A Vocal😁

I don’t know which is true but wiki is NOT a reliable source . I literally read things about Madonna on there that I know are false.

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Yep, Madonna was inspired while dribving in her car and saw the San Pedro exit (maybe she was visiting Bukowski with Sean since he lived there before moving in with them for a while in Malibu) and she pictured an exotic island in her mind.

They were on there way to visit Charles Manson and his girls.

9 minutes ago, lap said:

Herself. I had a small article from Smash Hits she said it almost didn't the final LAP tracklist

I think I vaguely remember that too. Strange how a song almost was deleted and it became not only a single but a huge hit. 

That seems to happen often... Into The Groove, Vogue, Cherish.... 

8 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Wasn’t that when someone asked her where San Pedro was and she said it was a freeway exit, don’t remember it was the inspiration for the whole song though. I was a little disappointed as being my name Pedro it always felt nice. Island nice not exit #65 nice 🫠🫠🫠

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic