The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

25 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I don't think there will be any songs from Madame X, Rebel Heart or MDNA  - there were no real hits on any of them big enough that the public will be familiar with or even remember (relatively speaking compared to how big her hits were up to 2009) and the last 3 tours were dedicated to each of those albums playing most of the respective album on each of the last 3 tours. Even taking out the last 3 albums she has a such a huge catalogue of smash hit singles to draw from all the albums that preceded them that she will still be spoilt for choice of what to include  

I think they will be represented in some way, either as interludes or in medleys. They can't promote this as 4 decades of music and not include anything from the recent decade. 

I think an Interscope medley would be cute including GMAYL/Girl Gone Wild/Living For Love/Medellín/IDSIF. 

42 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I don't think there will be any songs from Madame X, Rebel Heart or MDNA  - there were no real hits on any of them big enough that the public will be familiar with or even remember (relatively speaking compared to how big her hits were up to 2009) and the last 3 tours were dedicated to each of those albums playing most of the respective album on each of the last 3 tours. Even taking out the last 3 albums she has a such a huge catalogue of smash hit singles to draw from all the albums that preceded them that she will still be spoilt for choice of what to include  

Bitch, I'm Madonna will be included in some way on this new tour.  While I agree, the tour is centered around being a "greatest hits" tour, it doesn't mean she's going to hold 100% true to it.  After all, many seem pretty sure she's going to include Everybody and that wasn't a "hit" for her either.  Mark my words, she's going to include a few songs beyond the HUGE hits.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Frozen (Sickick version), Vulgar and Back that Up to the Beat somehow included as well. 

1 hour ago, Mden said:

Fans stuck in the 80s should just go buy tickets and see Nicki and Donna. Watch Nicki bust the moves. 

Aren’t they only playing a jazz club for two nights in LA? That’s not a very big tour. I would love to see them but the videos I saw, show loud drunk’s fans screaming/singing so much that you can’t hear them perform. I really don’t like sing-a-long concerts. Anyhow, I am sure much of the Celebration concert will be sing-a-long because it’s old hits.

16 hours ago, tscott said:

Yes, it was in 2009 in a ROLLING STONE interview.  It was all said along the quote I posted above, regarding 'Cherish'. She even mentioned feeling "retarded" singing Into the Groove.  Here is the actual quote from the interview:

The two songs the interviewer were referring to is Material Girl and Like A Virgin:

Madonna saying she dislikes some of her hits and in the next breath expecting us to be leave she isn't materialistic.

ru-pauls-drag-race-delusion.gif

Also I won't have a bad word said about Into The Groove.

That song is her spell. 

"live out your fantasy here with me

just let the music set you free

touch my body you can move in time

now I know you're mine"

This ten year old was drawn, in converted and became a funmadentalist.

She is not the best judge of her own work. She likes stuff purely because it was disliked at times. She's bratty and doesn't like to be told no which is great in general but it also blurs her judgement. 

12 hours ago, Honey Little said:

She just stated that Cherish is one of her biggest hits. She will for sure include it. It was massive. The general public will be very pissed off if she skips it. That’s the type of song the public wants.

She's skipped it for the last 33 years and 8 tours babe. 

31 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Actually Cherish she almost didn’t put on the album. And Into the Groove was originally intended for someone else.

If I recall, she originally wrote ITG for Mark Kamins, but decided to use it in the film DSS because it needed a dance song for the club scene.  I assume she probably didn't think much of the song since she quickly wrote it because she was anticipating going out on a date with a Puerto Rican boy that lived across the hall from her at the time. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic