The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

What will her video interludes be? Montages of her career or new videos. 

Everybody intro video

Rescue Me interlude Video

Vulgar interlude video

Popular interlude video

I would love all of this. I have the unpopular opinion that her two (three?) new songs should be in the show.

I think Vulgar could be an interlude, while Popular could appear in a mash up like K.U.N.T. on Confessions or the one that played before TUTR on The MDNA Tour.

I thought the same when I heard it… it would be very welcome in the setlist. 

I can’t imagine her hitting the high notes with ease though, even in a lower key they’re still stupidly high notes… 

Its like Into The Groove,  she hasn’t as far as I’m aware even attempted those highest notes live since 1987, and even then the girls in the back were signing their hearts out to provide more than just a bit of support. 

3 hours ago, RebelHeart97 said:

Just found this AI version of Cherish with Madonna’s current voice and it sounds stunning! I really hope she performs this on the the tour 😍❤️

I LOVE cherish. This AI vocal doesn’t really sound like her now though, I’ve heard some really great Madonna treatments on YT. M doing Padam… SO GOOD

It is weird that people on one forum act like  Madonna could perform pretty much anything, because it is a celebration of her career and not a greatest hits tour, but in the tour announcement Amy literally dared Madonna to do a greatest hits tour.

I think the show will be pretty much vanilla in the sense that she will do the expected greatest hits. I doubt she will surprise us with some hits she has never performed. Even if she would do that, it probably could be just a snippet.

I also don't expect a lot of ballads for obvious reasons: her voice and wanting to focus on dance.

Madonna would obviously want to do something for herself and those songs could be Human Nature and some 2010s song. 

4 hours ago, scion said:

I thought the same when I heard it… it would be very welcome in the setlist. 

I can’t imagine her hitting the high notes with ease though, even in a lower key they’re still stupidly high notes… 

Its like Into The Groove,  she hasn’t as far as I’m aware even attempted those highest notes live since 1987, and even then the girls in the back were signing their hearts out to provide more than just a bit of support. 

I thought she did quite well during the first leg of RIT before she started lip synching the song later in the tour. Her vocals were on point during the US leg 

8 minutes ago, Joseebus said:

Didn't she go on record as saying she hates Cherish? I was pretty devastated when I read that as I think it's one of her all-time best songs.

In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, she stated; "I never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like 'Cherish,' end up being the biggest hits."

But let's remember, she is the same person that once said, she had no desire to perform songs like "Material Girl" and "Like A Virgin", yet since has.  I think a lot of artists go through periods where they hate certain songs.  To be fair, "Cherish" is a silly bop of a song.  But sometimes, those type of songs resonate with the GP far more than songs that are far more complex in sound or lyrics. 

Personally, I love "Cherish" and I'd love for her to perform it.  I doubt she will on this tour, but who knows?  It could fit the mood of the tour if she did perform it.

3 hours ago, madgefan said:

I truly hope Human Nature is not performed this time around.

I share the same opinion, however I believe that we do not need to be seers or prophets to know that both Human Nature and Candy Shop will be performed again on this 2023 tour.

I always believed that Madonna hated singing the same songs over and over again and that is why she resorted to "reinventing" them to feel that she was not singing more of the same. However, these two songs Human Nature and Candy Shop have been interpreted, I consider, excessively and I don't understand why.

Does Madonna like these two songs so much that she doesn't mind contradicting herself and performing them over and over again denying other songs the opportunity to shine on stage like Bedtime Stories, Take a Bow or Miles Away? Isn't Madonna interested in the boredom of the fans having to listen to these songs every time she goes on tour? Madonna would do well to make a personal ranking to find out which are the favorite songs of her fans and maybe she would be disappointed/surprised to find out that these two repetitive songs do not appear at the top of the results

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic