Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

4 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER… I have heard nothing on that one either.  It was a pretty big hit at a time when Madonna could (once again) do no wrong… So yeah. I can see it being on the set list.  Also, she hasn’t sang that LIVE since the DROWNED WORLD TOUR.

She did it on Tears of a clown Miami... but yes, my brain tend to delete it from my memory too lol 

51 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

It was reported by Caresse that after the AL video backlash they changed strategy with the release of R&R, to tone down her image and highlight her legendary status. The ads for RIT were teasing classics like Vogue, LAP, music, ITG so I'd say they definitely wanted to focus on her legendary body of work more than AL. But it still had plenty of AL in its setlist for sure, but it was also her most hits heavy tour to date and still is (maybe together with RH)

This could be true because we don’t know whether this was her decision (which I doubt) or the labels. The AL backlash was nothing compared to black jesus or evian bottles. She was never gonna tone it down. She was definitely ready to piss people off. 

8 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

The Celebration Tour by the numbers

https://www.music-news.com/news/Underground/165230/Madonna-The-Celebration-Tour-by-the-numbers

• 4 decades of unstoppable hits – prepare to dance your ass off!
  • 13th culture shaping tour
  • 1 extraordinary drag queen
  • 8th tour partnering with director Jamie King
  • 24 onstage performers
  • 1 Stuart Price reunion
  • 4,400 square ft. of stage, the largest for any Madonna tour. Inspired by the grid of Manhattan with Uptown, Downtown, Midtown, East and West stages.
  • 8 humidifiers in Madonna’s dressing room
  • 1 bottle of MDNA Rose Mist Spray in each quick-change space
  • 3 traveling mobile gyms
  • 15 countries
  • 78 shows
  • 50 merch items including vintage recreations of iconic items from previous tours such as the Blond Ambition Bomber Jacket
  • 45 wardrobe trunks
  • 1 Queen sized Madonna flag outside the O2 (naturally)
  • 6 sold out nights in London
  • 3 layered circular stage where the traditional main stage would be, inspired by the wedding cake of Madonna’s original VMA performance
  • 3 physical therapists
  • 4 of Madonna’s children on stage
  • 40 pairs of boxing gloves
  • 230 ft. of combined length of catwalk that gets Madonna 105 ft far into the venue
  • 14 spotlights for Madonna and over 600 intelligent lights to light the stage and arena with over 8800 lighting cues
  • 17 archived costumes recreated
  • 4 rehearsal venues
  • 80 tons of production equipment
  • 330 million albums sold, still the best-selling female artist of all time
  • 3600 square ft. of projection imagery to the show. The most amount of video ever used in a Madonna show.
  • 200+ traveling crew – 25 in the costume department alone
  • 30 ft. off the ground Madonna is transported around the arena in an illuminated portal frame that acts as a time machine allowing her to move at 1.5 ft per second, 80 ft across and 130 ft down the length of the arena designed to symbolize looking into the past, present and towards the future.
  • 3700 amps of show power

you beat me to it. I always love these kind of lists, but this one has some nice new info too. Loving the time machine idea, the wobbly O always reminded me of these very oldfashioned warped visuals to represent time travel in movies

11 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

This could be true because we don’t know whether this was her decision (which I doubt) or the labels. The AL backlash was nothing compared to black jesus or evian bottles. She was never gonna tone it down. She was definitely ready to piss people off. 

The Evian bottle from truth or dare ? 

17 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

What you and some other fans have to keep in mind is that there is a lot of money involved in those record companies contracts. Us fans just see the visible face of the thing, like Madonna loves to pisse people off, she doesn't care about sales as long as she stays true to her ideas and provocations, she never does stuff for damage control and bla bla bla... Fine but we're not living in fairy tale and the reality is that Madonna, like any other mainstream artist also signs contracts and so has some funds to get back at records company. You often hear her say "a girl has to work to pay the bills", i doubt she's talking about the water or electricity bills in her case but more about the fact that she also has financial results to gain to fulfill the big contracts she's under. So when American Life sold very much less (it was the first time since Erotica or maybe Bedtime that one of her album got a mixed reception) her record company decided to do damage control (yes it happens to Madonna too, even though we tend to see her as a goddess above everything) and decided to do a semi disguised Greatest hits tour, with Madonna agreement needless to say. Those who say the promo of the RIT was made heavily on the hits rather than on the American Life album are absolutely right, at least i can speak for France, i remember the tv ads promoting the tour almost as a greatest hits tour. The title of the tour itself clearly express her big hits being re-invented rather than a title related to the American Life album.  There's nothing wrong about it. 

17 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

• 24 onstage performers
  •  
  • 4,400 square ft. of stage, the largest for any Madonna tour. Inspired by the grid of Manhattan with Uptown, Downtown, Midtown, East and West stages.
  •  
  • 3 layered circular stage where the traditional main stage would be, inspired by the wedding cake of Madonna’s original VMA performance
  •  
  • 4 of Madonna’s children on stage
  • 40 pairs of boxing gloves
  • 230 ft. of combined length of catwalk that gets Madonna 105 ft far into the venue
  •  
  • 17 archived costumes recreated
  •  
  • 3600 square ft. of projection imagery to the show. The most amount of video ever used in a Madonna show.
  •  
  • 30 ft. off the ground Madonna is transported around the arena in an illuminated portal frame that acts as a time machine allowing her to move at 1.5 ft per second, 80 ft across and 130 ft down the length of the arena designed to symbolize looking into the past, present and towards the future.

SHIT'S GONNA BE FUCKING AMAZING.

31 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

1 day !! :pop:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952va1pdzwkm3j26l6i5

Truth or dare, truth or dare, Dazed: Burning Up will get some precareer song samples such as Bells Ringing or High Society?

I've always thought the verses "bells ringing, inside my head, I could ignore them, but choose to live instead" would sound fantastic in any M tour!!!

I was kind of planning not to look at anything once the show premieres as my first concert is in about a week, but all these teasers have made me really anxious. Which songs is she gonna play in full, which ones will be ommited all together, how is the show build up, how much is she on stage, will there be audience interaction lik RH or will it be more tight like MDNA, will Bob wear all these recreations of her costumes or will he play the cowbell on holiday? I am sure that in the end I will love all of it but I also feel I kind of need to know these things to be able to really let this show wash all over me and still be able to breathe :lol: maybe I should see a doctor first