Sam Smith covers “Human Nature”

Brendanlovesu1

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

The world is not “so messed up” because a small portion of the population identify as non-binary or see gender as a spectrum. Why do people exaggerate this as some global issue that’s ruining humanity? The world is messed up period. These people are just rejecting the stereotypes that language and labels place on them. They are not denying their anatomy.

So what’s next? Rejecting this current stereotypes that called non-binary by the next generation? 😜😂😁

9 minutes ago, Ayham said:

So what’s next? Rejecting this current stereotypes that called non-binary by the next generation? 😜😂😁

Hopefully the next generation will be more concerned about the climate crisis theyve inherited and other such issues that actually impact them

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

8 minutes ago,  EgoRod said: 

You don't have ' a biology' 

' A biology' is not a noun nor a part of a body.

'the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM), concluded there was more than sufficient evidence that, beyond reproductive biology, there were major differences in the biology of women and men that greatly affected their health and influenced treatment and prevention strategies.

Importantly, the committee emphasized that neither the health of women nor men is simply a product of biology but is also influenced by sociocultural and psychological experience. To differentiate between these broad areas of investigation, the members created working definitions of “sex” — when referring to biology — and “gender” — when referring to self-representation influenced by social, cultural, and personal experience.'

Then you can get in deep detail with DSDs  proving that  you can't define gender based on genitals.

And this is nothing new, it has been like that for a while.

You have to have the head so up your own arse  to think this is a trend and it's some LGBTQ+ master plan to ruin the Ol'days

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Regardless the pressure for gay men to be gym fit and fit a certain beauty standard is enormous. That is why Sam is a very powerful role model.

Sorry.

Just because you can wear what you want and go shirtless, doesn’t mean you should do it.

I would never go shirtless in public because I don’t like how my body looks and I don’t feel shamed because of peoples body comments online.

Sam Smith does not make me want to take my shirt off and is not a role model to me.

People shouldn’t feel shamed because they aren’t attracted to someone for whatever that reason is.

People here make fun of how M looks all the time, but that’s ok because she’s not overweight?

Not sure I get the double standard (or care).

7 hours ago, Celebration said:

Uhm, I don't remember Madonna being fat. Ever.
She was a bit... cuddly for a while, but I love that figure. Just like Dolly Parton and many, many other women, Madonna looks amazing with a few extra pounds on her. TRULY!

Everybody's someones type. :) And thank heavens for that! It gives us curvey guys some hope. :)

I love guys with meat on their bones, but I am not attracted to Sam Smith. His face is not attracted and that doesn’t mean that I am somehow threatened by him lol.

What a preposterous thing to tell people.

4 hours ago, me1981 said:

For the record Sam prefers they/them pronouns, that's how they identify, though have said they won't get angry if you use he/him.

I think if you're going to address who Sam Smith is at least respect how they identify. 

Uh, no.

Sam Smith is one person.

I am perfectly accepting of anyone being who they are. Male, female, etc. if you want to be referred to as ‘him’ or ‘her’ that’s fine, but when you start saying ‘them/they’ it sounds like they have multiple personality disorder. 

There’s a reason so many heteros think being gay is a mental illness.

I couldn’t be a more accepting person, but we are all only one person.

Thats my own personal opinion. Sorry if I am not conforming to how people want me to be (like Sam Smith).

9 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Sorry.

Just because you can wear what you want and go shirtless, doesn’t mean you should do it.

I would never go shirtless in public because I don’t like how my body looks and I don’t feel shamed because of peoples body comments online.

Sam Smith does not make me want to take my shirt off and is not a role model to me.

People shouldn’t feel shamed because they aren’t attracted to someone for whatever that reason is.

People here make fun of how M looks all the time, but that’s ok because she’s not overweight?

Not sure I get the double standard (or care).

It isn’t okay.

And nobody expects everyone to take their shirt off just because Sam does. He is putting his own process of self acceptance on display to encourage others to accept themselves too.

It is like saying in 1992 “Madonna hitch hiking naked and having 3somes does not make me want to hitch hike naked and have 3somes so she is not a role model to me.”

You are looking at it way too literally.

12 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I love guys with meat on their bones, but I am not attracted to Sam Smith. His face is not attracted and that doesn’t mean that I am somehow threatened by him lol.

What a preposterous thing to tell people.

What difference does it make if you’re attracted to him not? It sounds like you’re admitting that’s what you didn’t like about the performance.

10 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Uh, no.

Sam Smith is one person.

I am perfectly accepting of anyone being who they are. Male, female, etc. if you want to be referred to as ‘him’ or ‘her’ that’s fine, but when you start saying ‘them/they’ it sounds like they have multiple personality disorder. 

Thats my own personal opinion. Sorry if I am not conforming to how people want me to be (like Sam Smith).

You couldn’t be more accepting as a person and yet you literally stigmatized mental health several times in that post as well as justifying homophobia.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You couldn’t be more accepting as a person and yet you literally stigmatized mental health several times in that post as well as justifying homophobia.

If that’s how you see it, by all means.

Couldn't be further from the truth and I’m not the one who sees being gay as a mental illness.

Obviously.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Because she’s judged against her own past performances, especially by her own fans.

I don’t get why you think Sam Smith is not a visual artist. Is Katy Perry, Rihanna or Taylor Swift a visual artist? Because I don’t see how his performances show any less skill as a performer than those people or a host of others out there? These people are all singers first and foremost, doesn’t mean the visuals cannot become part of their art.

Katy and Taylor not really. I see them as entertainers. I haven’t followed Taylor Swift in a long time cause she bores me to death but she was at least very skilled musician. And Rihanna is a visual artist because of her exquisite taste in fashion and visuals even though I don’t see much else in her shows. 
Personally I think nothing works in this performance. It’s just a bunch of cliches and trends cheaply put together. 

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

Uh, no.

Sam Smith is one person.

Lots of people identify as non binary. It is how they choose to see themselves. It doesn't take much to respect that. Many thought being gay was a mental illness too. It was only deregistered in the 1970's. 

• Jackie locked this topic