Sam Smith covers “Human Nature”

Brendanlovesu1

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I knew this thread would become a hot mess.  Just going to re-iterate I thought the performance sounded great in full.   I applaud Sam for showing one can be sexy no matter what they look like.   

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fat shaming of some TRULY disgusting people towards SAM is TRULY sickening, TRULY disturbing and TRULY disgusting! SAM is TRULY talented and Beautiful singer inside and outside!

Just like Our AGELESS Queen of pop Madonna sent love to Sam, you guys should send love to Sam! Your Hatred, envy, and jealousy will only TRULY eat you up.

E441F410F447A7AC8E4CCEDE62C90887_video_dashinit.mp4_20230414_093443.837.jpg

2 hours ago, teammadonna said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fat shaming of some TRULY disgusting people towards SAM is TRULY sickening, TRULY disturbing and TRULY disgusting! SAM is TRULY talented and Beautiful singer inside and outside!

Just like Our AGELESS Queen of pop Madonna sent love to Sam, you guys should send love to Sam! Your Hatred, envy, and jealousy will only TRULY eat you up.

E441F410F447A7AC8E4CCEDE62C90887_video_dashinit.mp4_20230414_093443.837.jpg

Truly.

5 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

People are completely not understanding what I am trying to say and that’s ok.

I don’t think it’s ever ok to make someone feel less than, unless they are doing that to you or to those around you.

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t agree with it. It’s not really worth rehashing what I’ve already said though.

6 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

And the excuses they use are weak, they sound like they people who will call a short person "short ass" and then act like they didn't insult him cause he is indeed short.

Exactly.

I am pretty sure most the people here that have a problem with Sam showing their body are seeing themselves in them. 

Instead of admitting it bothers them they instead say “I don’t like their singing” or “I don’t like them as a person.”

It reminds me of the middle aged women who hate on Madonna.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly.

I am pretty sure most the people here that have a problem with Sam showing their body are seeing themselves in them. 

Instead of admitting it bothers them they instead say “I don’t like their singing” or “I don’t like them as a person.”

It reminds me of the middle aged women who hate on Madonna.

You were doing so well.

I don’t like his voice and I am not attracted to him.

55 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly.

If someone is overweight and mostly nude, you have to approve of it, you know. Even if you don’t actually say anything about their body and have other legitimate complaints. The mind readers (Blue Jean) are everywhere, and wrongthink shall be punished. 

I'm thinking a lot of the negative comments we see in forums and social media directed at Sam are a result of Sam making people feel uncomfortable, Sam may represent something these commenters see in themselves or something the commenters are uncomfortable with, perhaps the weight issue as if it was Lil Nas X doing the exact same performance, we wouldn't see that level of negative commentary.

In the context of the personal attacks Sam experiences on social media and in person, I felt that Human Nature was a fitting performance for the show. I'm not a fan of Sam or their music however I thought the HN performance was relevant and ok overall. 

Some people like the performance, some people don't, ok, but in the end it's great to see artists of the younger generation aknowledging, appreciating, and keeping on performing Madonna's music.  She's still an inspiration for younger artists and that's something we should be happy about.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

You already called all who identify as non-binary narcissistic and vain . That is namecalling also, and no your opinion is not facts.

You are talking here to someone that thinks women are looking  for  rape based on their gym clothing.

I think we already can assume his level of empathy towards anyone to be pretty bias.

18 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Why are we so judgmental to anyone doing a madonna cover lol - geez- let's all calm down - the attacks on him in this thread are exactly why HN is so fitting- let's all move on.

It might be best to lock the thread as there is no value in most of the comments in it too

• Jackie locked this topic