POPULAR

5 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Popular at number 24 on Monday's midweeks in UK

I guess it did peak at number 11 :suffer:

Sad that it was so close to getting another Top 10 but it's a bona fide steady hit anyway. Its UK chart run so far is great:

21 - 26 - 27 - 18 - 17 - 11 - 12 - 15

Still has legs.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Sad that it was so close to getting another Top 10 but it's a bona fide steady hit anyway. Its UK chart run so far is great:

21 - 26 - 27 - 18 - 17 - 11 - 12 - 15

Still has legs.

I'm glad it reached number 11, I'm just disappointed it didn't reach the top 10 😞

9 minutes ago, scion said:

I really do believe it's a quality song.... I'm amazed how many fans preferred Vulgar which lasted two pumps and a squirt before disappearing forever.

It might be a quality song, it’s just that it doesn’t sound anything like Madonna had her hand in creating.

Vulgar is pure Madonna and I’ve listened to it a ton.

Ive listened to Popular once, but I am just assuming I prefer Vulgar because it sounds like an M track.

4 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

It might be a quality song, it’s just that it doesn’t sound anything like Madonna had her hand in creating.

Vulgar is pure Madonna and I’ve listened to it a ton.

Ive listened to Popular once, but I am just assuming I prefer Vulgar because it sounds like an M track.

I don't get what actually sounds Madonna about Vulgar. It just reminds me of the worst songs on her worst albums... The ones I could never get behind... I'm glad some of you enjoy it but honestly if I never hear it again it won't be a day too soon.

Popular to me she sounds brilliant. Collaborations I'm not generally crazy about, but Popular to me makes her sound current, fresh and her voice is produced well despite the autotune. It's like a small sequel to Hard Candy but with a more chilled feel. I just adore it.

6 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Comparing Popular to Vulgar is like comparing Hard Candy to American Life- one is generic highly polished r'n'b and the other is pure trash with no heart or sense ...

But we are on a Madonna board.

One song sounds nothing like Madonna and the other song sounds a lot like the songs Madonna has been making for over a decade.

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Comparing Popular to Vulgar is like comparing Hard Candy to American Life- one is generic highly polished r'n'b and the other is pure trash with no heart or sense ...

What is fantastic about Madonna's fan base is that it's so diverse that one fan can hate one album over another while another fan can enjoy them equally.  It's that reason this woman is still the iconic being she is.  Without her exploring so many genres and not always sticking to one formula, she's managed to accumulate quite an eclectic fan base. :)

4 hours ago, tscott said:

What is fantastic about Madonna's fan base is that it's so diverse that one fan can hate one album over another while another fan can enjoy them equally.  It's that reason this woman is still the iconic being she is.  Without her exploring so many genres and not always sticking to one formula, she's managed to accumulate quite an eclectic fan base. :)

This is very true. Fans can fight incessantly over her catalogue because there’s so much and it’s so variegated.

Casual fans too. Her music means different things to different people.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic