Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

3 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Sorry to be practical, but is it wishful thinking that some keep positing that they think she will start her tour in London? Why London? Because it’s the start of the European leg? She lives in NY and has for some time. She also rehearsed the tour in NY. It makes more sense to me that she’d start there on August 23rd if her health issues resolve themselves quickly. 

It’s all Miss Cleo speculation on my part, but I think the dancers went home knowing they’d be getting a two week break back home, and then would be back in the States mid-July!

Also, to address the speculation regarding her wellness and lifestyle, there is literally nothing about Madonna’s trajectory that seems unusual to me. It would have been quite normal for her to use pain-fighting medication during the period surrounding her bionic upgrade surgeries on her hip and knee. Everyone does. She most likely has a private concierge doctor like the majority of wealthy people do, and so it would be easy for her to get her hands on any medication she wants, but Madonna is a proud and stable mother who has a holistic view on health and wellness. She is also from a family with a history of addiction issues, and so she would most probably be well versed in all matters pertaining to the psychology of addiction. This leads me to believe she isn’t going to destroy her health with longterm abuse of any substance.  As a result of her body aging, she has also clearly allowed herself over the last few years to relax a good deal more than she ever used to. If that means enjoying a drink or two and smoking a little ganja, who cares? I used cannabis to help me with insomnia after suffering a nervous breakdown several years ago. Now that I have stopped and have faced my issue differently I am aware that it wasn’t a solution. However, when you are faced with biological issues that you have no agency over  like pain or insomnia, you do what you can to get through it. That doesn’t mean that you throw all caution to the wind and become despondent with no self-awareness. I’m sure that Madonna has the right mindset to face whatever she needs to at any given time. Sometimes we just have to go easy in ourselves, and then we figure it all out. Keep the faith! Life is beautiful!

She has an house in London too and we already know the Toronto shows in mid august August are postponed. The dancers went home because everything is on pause right now.  

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She has an house in London too and we already know the Toronto shows in mid august August are postponed. The dancers went home because everything is on pause right now.  

I appreciate your perspective. I’m aware that she has a home in London, but she is resting and recovering in NY. She hasn’t lived in London for some time. 

My point was that if the rehearsals have been in NY, it wouldn’t make any sense logistically for her to launch the show elsewhere, and definitely not on another continent. 

15 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The only arenas that we know are postponed are the ones from Scotiabank, (don’t know if others are handled by banks) might that be the reason why they are protecting themselves? I went into the Toronto one and when tried to buy a ticket it sent me to Ticketmaster in an instant 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Sorry to be practical, but is it wishful thinking that some keep positing that they think she will start her tour in London? Why London? Because it’s the start of the European leg? She lives in NY and has for some time. She also rehearsed the tour in NY. It makes more sense to me that she’d start there on August 23rd if her health issues resolve themselves quickly. 

agreed, the less rescheduling, the less of a logistics and economical nightmare this would result for them as a business. 

17 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I appreciate your perspective. I’m aware that she has a home in London, but she is resting and recovering in NY. She hasn’t lived in London for some time. 

My point was that if the rehearsals have been in NY, it wouldn’t make any sense logistically for her to launch the show elsewhere, and definitely not on another continent. 

Again she still lives in London from time to time. Yes rehearsals were in NY because America is where she was going to start the tour. They can move it to London without a problem. It makes more sense to start the tour with several dates when she can go home after the show without traveling from place to place. She can also go back to London after every European show if she wants, as she did in the past. 

1 minute ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The only arenas that we know are postponed are the ones from Scotiabank, (don’t know if others are handled by banks) might that be the reason why they are protecting themselves? I went into the Toronto one and when tried to buy a ticket it sent me to Ticketmaster in an instant 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It send you to Ticketmaster because she show is not cancelled but postponed. 

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It send you to Ticketmaster because she show is not cancelled but postponed. 

The point is: to expect any certainty at the moment is an illusion (as M would say)

The less changes they can make to the actual itinerary is the best economic outcome for them as a business. Cancellation and rescheduling of the whole first leg would result in a very difficult scenario for many of the involved parts, IMHO starting in Europe is not something they are looking at right now except if the situation with Madonna is extreme  

Yes yes taking in consideration that Madonna’s health comes first and that comes without saying, we don’t need to repeat this on every post. 

22 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Well of course everyone is speculating at this point.  I think the idea is that most are thinking that she may not be well enough to start her tour in August.  I'm sure even she and her doctors can't be sure when she'll be 100%.  I think most here are thinking, it makes sense to just postpone the American dates and then start in London/Europe in October.  This gives her plenty of time to recuperate and finish up any last minute rehearsals she had planned. Whatever the case, she's probably going to have to extend rehearsals to make sure everyone is secure in how things are being performed.  To me, that would probably mean she might re-start production by the end of August or early Septemeber.  This definitely gives her nearly two months to recuperate.  Again, it's just us speculating.  No one knows anything for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The point is: to expect any certainty at the moment is an illusion (as M would say)

The less changes they can make to the actual itinerary is the best economic outcome for them as a business. Cancellation and rescheduling of the whole first leg would result in a very difficult scenario for many of the involved parts, IMHO starting in Europe is not something they are looking at right now except if the situation with Madonna is extreme  

Yes yes taking in consideration that Madonna’s health comes first and that comes without saying, we don’t need to repeat this on every post. 

Our best bet is her starting in NY on August 23. And yet it would be just barely a month of recovery, cause she would have to go back and finish rehearsals, etc. I guess.

I can totally see them starting in London in October. Looks like far in time but it's only three months away.

6 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Makes more sense to you, we don’t know if it makes more sense to M or Live Nation. 

I really don’t get what’s your problem. Unless you show is in august 😂

It makes more sense for an health point of view, more time to rest and recuperate. Unless you want her to start the tour in 4 weeks because otherwise LN is going to loose money. 

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

Curious? When is your Madonna show originally scheduled? 

Vancouver opening night 😉🤣 jk  

Are u asking if I’m bias or if I’m doing an objective analysis based on the real information that we have at the moment and previous data from past cancellation experiences within the music industry? I have a PhD on social research so I’m good with objectivity 🤣

To answer your question Las Vegas October 7 or 8? The Saturday one 

49 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Is that not what she’s done on every tour that didn’t open in the US since 1987?

8 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Bacteria Infection

ICU

Home Recovering

Doing Well, Resting 

Tour Postponed, Nothing Specific Yet

Exactly this.  Any other conversation here is simply fans speculating and discussing possibilities.  No one here knows any facts or what is actually happening.  I think most of us are far more concerned for her recovery than when the tour is actually going to start.  But like with any discussion that has exhausted itself, fans tend to start branching off with related discussions which usually entails speculations and wild assumptions. 

All in all, I hope people are not getting worked up or upset by what people are discussing as possibilities, regarding the postponing and the re-start of the tour. 

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It makes more sense for an health point of view, more time to rest and recuperate. Unless you want her to start the tour in 4 weeks because otherwise LN is going to loose money. 

I don’t have a problem, I have a problem with presenting our thoughts and desires as facts, you don’t know anything about her health. Nothing except what’s been transmitted by the media and friends right now

When we know it would be the moment to state our preferences and concerns which are a 100% valid. 

11 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

There is a direct correlation between what makes sense and what shows people have tickets for at the moment lol. When you know what shows people are attending it’s quite obvious.

4 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t have a problem, I have a problem with presenting our thoughts and desires as facts, you don’t know anything about her health. Nothing except what’s been transmitted by the media and friends right now

When we know it would be the moment to state our preferences and concerns which are a 100% valid. 

But he and others have been clear, they are just speculating.  We are just discussing possibilities.  While I agree, we really have no business making wild assumptions about her health, though I think it's fair game for us to discuss the possibilities when the tour may start.  Again, no one is presenting anything as facts. They are simply discussing what could be possible.  If you're not interested in such conversations than just don't take part.  :)

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

But he and others have been clear, they are just speculating.  We are just discussing possibilities.  While I agree, we really have no business making wild assumptions about her health, though I think it's fair game for us to discuss the possibilities when the tour may start.  Again, no one is presenting anything as facts. They are simply discussing what could be possible.  If you're not interested in such conversations then just don't take part.  :)

On the contrary I’m very interested, I worship Madonna it’s one of the few things that bring me joy in life, I want to see her rehearsing and kicking ass tomorrow morning and starting the tour two weeks later than originally scheduled (yes, yes Madonna’s health first). But I’m not going to mention my scenario as the most logical option  (as others present theirs) because that’s not the way to make an argument. And like everything supports that argument because it’s not true. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic