Lucky Star (Remixes) out now! (27 July 2023)

Chris

15 minutes ago, MPowered said:

These are the three only official versions of this song. The others are local edits or edits done for various artist compilations (and most likely not official).

Album Version (5:36) - This was released on the first few issues of the single, before it was replaced by Holiday as third single.

Edit/7" Version (3:52) - Released on most of the later 7" issues of the single.

Extended Dance Remix/New Mix/"New" Mix/US Remix Version/US ReMix Version (7:20) - Released on most of the later 12" issues of the single.

Q-Sound Mix (3:37) Shep Pettibone's remastered version from The Immaculate Collection

Shep Pettibone Remix [2009 Remaster] (3:38) From Celebration, an alternate mix of Shep Pettibone's Immaculate Collection Version, probably made using his stems

TV Track (5:40) Leaked instrumental/dub version of the US Remix with backing vocals.

Video Remix/Remix Edit (5:04) An edit of the US Remix used in the music video.

Lucky Star (4:30) Brazil 16.272, a local edit from either the album version or the US Remix. It's hard to tell.

Edit (3:54) from GoldDisc Various Artists Compilation, almost the same as the original 7" Edit but it has a false edit point during the intro. It's debatable whether this mix is official or not.

Do you have a rip or. A link to hear the goldisc version?

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

These are the three only official versions of this song. The others are local edits or edits done for various artist compilations (and most likely not official).

Album Version (5:36) - This was released on the first few issues of the single, before it was replaced by Holiday as third single.

Edit/7" Version (3:52) - Released on most of the later 7" issues of the single.

Extended Dance Remix/New Mix/"New" Mix/US Remix Version/US ReMix Version (7:20) - Released on most of the later 12" issues of the single.

Q-Sound Mix (3:37) Shep Pettibone's remastered version from The Immaculate Collection

Shep Pettibone Remix [2009 Remaster] (3:38) From Celebration, an alternate mix of Shep Pettibone's Immaculate Collection Version, probably made using his stems

TV Track (5:40) Leaked instrumental/dub version of the US Remix with backing vocals.

Video Remix/Remix Edit (5:04) An edit of the US Remix used in the music video.

Lucky Star (4:30) Brazil 16.272, a local edit from either the album version or the US Remix. It's hard to tell.

Edit (3:54) from GoldDisc Various Artists Compilation, almost the same as the original 7" Edit but it has a false edit point during the intro. It's debatable whether this mix is official or not.

OMG I love this, do you have like an enciclopedia or similar where do you explain this way, almost every version of each madonna song? Im amazed... Ö

6 minutes ago, addictedsober said:

am i the only one that wished new remixes had been commissioned for these old songs

it could be fun hearing brandnew remixes for these tracks, of course putting the OG remixes up for streaming as well

But I would prefer this to be on another ep so people do not get confused when streaming thinking it Is a original ep and not a new one

1 hour ago, addictedsober said:

am i the only one that wished new remixes had been commissioned for these old songs

it could be fun hearing brandnew remixes for these tracks, of course putting the OG remixes up for streaming as well

i think commissioning new remixes should be left for the album reissues campaign as a separate bonus disc

or have the full album in re-mixed form a la

(except it'd have just one or two remixes of each song in the original tracklist order)

5 hours ago, Lazaruz said:

OMG I love this, do you have like an enciclopedia or similar where do you explain this way, almost every version of each madonna song? Im amazed... Ö

I would love to have something like this. Sometimes it can get very confusing with all the releases, mixes, edits 

56 minutes ago, MonsieurX said:

Does anyone know why the U.S. Mix is on the streaming versions of TIC?

If anyone else able to explain to be the differences between the U.S. Mix and The Q-Sound Mix I would greatly appreciate it...:fantasy:

A few years ago, all the digital and streaming platforms replaced Borderline and Lucky Star with different mixes that aren't Q-Sound.  Many think it's a mistake, but I personally believe it's intentional being it's on ALL streaming/digital platforms the same. 

10 hours ago, A. A. Aardvark said:

A good bunch of those are the same mix from different sources, as well as some unofficial/fanmade versions.

The instrumentals and TV Tracks are interesting though. To my knowledge, only the TV Track has ever leaked. Where did you get the others from? Are they multitrack mixdowns?
Edit:
All the instrumentals in your folder are the same, except that one of them cuts off a little too early lol

Anyway, the bottom line is that there are only three MAIN versions (FOUR if we count the video remix) that were widely released. Everything else is either a local edit, a leak of a previously unreleased version, you name it.

10 hours ago, addictedsober said:

This.

Although, I always wish they had done this after American Life. Imagine Peter mixing "Causing A Commotion" or Victor mixing "La Isla Bonita". Scatter my ashes. 

13 hours ago, Lazaruz said:

Well...something along the lines of that.

But to be fair, my deep knowledge about all these versions stops somewhere prior to the Music era. All the eras of her first few albums are quite easy to keep track off. Everything else is such a pain in the ass to work through and I'm still not done yet. I haven't really done a deep dive into everything 2000-2023.

I also don't have a list of where to find which version. I think that is an almost impossible challenge to handle (at least on your own). I know someone did this for MJ's music though: http://mjofficialversions.blogspot.com

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

A good bunch of those are the same mix from different sources, as well as some unofficial/fanmade versions.

The instrumentals and TV Tracks are interesting though. To my knowledge, only the TV Track has ever leaked. Where did you get the others from? Are they multitrack mixdowns?
Edit:
All the instrumentals in your folder are the same, except that one of them cuts off a little too early lol

Anyway, the bottom line is that there are only three MAIN versions (FOUR if we count the video remix) that were widely released. Everything else is either a local edit, a leak of a previously unreleased version, you name it.

Can you check if this 7" holiday version I found online in Share mania is a real edit?

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

Well...something along the lines of that.

But to be fair, my deep knowledge about all these versions stops somewhere prior to the Music era. All the eras of her first few albums are quite easy to keep track off. Everything else is such a pain in the ass to work through and I'm still not done yet. I haven't really done a deep dive into everything 2000-2023.

I also don't have a list of where to find which version. I think that is an almost impossible challenge to handle (at least on your own). I know someone did this for MJ's music though: http://mjofficialversions.blogspot.com

I've always dreamed of creating a website like Queen Vault, but for Madonna. But like @MPowered, I could only get up to the Music-era, or maybe a little later. I'm afraid after that, all the mixes sound the same and it would be impossible to describe them in words.