Vetements X Madonna | Celebration Tour Costumes (🚨 Potential SPOILERS)

Alm47

As you know, she's working with Vetements for this tour. So I made a comparison between some of their recent SS 2024 collection and some M classic outfits (and a rehearsals picture) that kinda make a match. Maybe these could give us an idea on what to expect.

Rehearsals:

IMG_9396.thumb.jpeg.40ed724828b3d46d7e75b4bef7ddc8a0.jpeg

Vanity Fair 1991 cover:

IMG_9391.thumb.jpeg.9c63b21af79af28e23fdb8c8230889d9.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I think the costumes for this tour are simply EPIC.  Everything is so damn flattering and classically iconic.  There are NO misfires here.  Usually every tour has an outfit of so where I am left scratching my head. (With Madame X is was the opening outfit which I just somehow simply loathed for some reason. It irked me that she was wearing THAT for my favorite song of GOD CONTROL.  That said, I liked the clothes for that show as well.)

While all the wardrobe Celebrations are fantastic. To me there are four real stand outs.

1) The black Gaultier corset with the silver heels.  (This wins as THE look for the tour. I simply love, love, love how classic this all looks in black.)

2) Nothing Really Matters opening outfit.  Another great callback — also in black.  It’s really a very striking way to begin the show and subconsciously remind more casual fans of where they have heard this song before with the nod to the video. It’s fun seeing her in such a one-off look from so many years ago which slyly introduces the concept of looking back.

3) Bedtime Story Silver Catsuit.  Just a wow-zer in how utterly different it is from everything else and it is wonderfully futuristic in a way that both the title track and Ray of Light demands. 

4) The Slip Dress from Bad Girl.  Here is another great look that simply echos so many Madonna many eras.  Plus the style is truly timeless and looks so great on her.

I am really, really impressed with all of those that had a hand in helping her create the look of this fantastic tour.