The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

35 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

Looks like she's rehearsing again. And not a standard sound check rehearsal. They've taken the time to tape out the staging in a separate rehearsal space. I could be wrong but that tells me that she might be adjusting some parts for this next leg. Otherwise why would they go to that trouble?

Because she is probably rehearsing in a city where she is based and the stage is already shipped to the next concert location, so she is rehearsing without the stage, in a separate space. The next concerts are in Boston, and Madonna and the dancers are probably arriving there the morning of the concert, and the rehearsal photos were taken in NY or where she was based.

27 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Because she is probably rehearsing in a city where she is based and the stage is already shipped to the next concert location, so she is rehearsing without the stage, in a separate space. The next concerts are in Boston, and Madonna and the dancers are probably arriving there the morning of the concert, and the rehearsal photos were taken in NY or where she was based.

Yeah it can also simply be that she shared her original spring rehearsals pics. In any case they are nice and of course everybody here hopes for some changes (even if I won't bet on that)

3 minutes ago, stefo said:

Yeah it can also simply be that she shared her original rehearsals pics. In any case they are nice and of course everybody here hopes for some changes (even if I won't bet on that)

some major changes would also require changes with the lighting setup and effects (the lights are synced with music, beats and dance moves), and that might require even more additional work. If there are some changes, I expect that it will be something that doesn't require any major rehearsals. Frozen instead of Rain is the only likely change, in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, androiduser said:

but at the same time, people who haven't seen the show yet would then miss the classics we already heard

Yeah, I can't imagine her making any significant changes.  She has a specific story to tell and I think she wants to let everyone experience "as is".  Doesn't mean she won't add something based on the city she's in, but I think the set list is pretty set in stone.  After all, I can see some fans getting upset if she does switch out any songs.  As for some, they may not even notice a difference if they haven't paid much attention to the setlist before a show they will attend. 

2 hours ago, DJ N A said:

Looks like she's rehearsing again. And not a standard sound check rehearsal. They've taken the time to tape out the staging in a separate rehearsal space. I could be wrong but that tells me that she might be adjusting some parts for this next leg. Otherwise why would they go to that trouble?

We know she's a rehearsalholic.  It's possible she's embarking on smaller venues where they have to re-figure their steps.  I wouldn't expect anything significant to change.  It's possible there are a couple areas she feels it's not perfect, so she wants to iron it out. 

Btw @Jackie how's mid morning there? I guess it's only 10AM in the Planet Australia, you're just feeling the Summer Breeze as in Kylie's Word Is Out single remix (Mushroom's taste >>>>> PWL's taste) while I ain't even decided to take my 2nd pill to fall asleep thinking about a friend of mine who loves to come late to her own concerts!!!!

I know it's almost impossible but I would like Madonna to include Rescue Me in this new restart of the tour. I would be happy to simply listen to the chorus of this beautiful song. But at what point could she include it? I think it could fit very well during her performance of Like a Prayer. Perhaps removing that excerpt from Unholy and putting the Rescue Me chorus in its place would make the Like a Prayer performance much better and more coherent.

I'm already tired of asking Madonna a thousand times to perform Rescue Me on her tours. I feel like this is the last chance for my wish to come true :pray:. And as I repeat, the chorus would fit very well as a preamble to Like a Prayer instead of that horrible Sam Smith song that I don't know why it has to be present in a concert where what should prevail are Madonna's greatest hits and not the someone else's successes.

19 minutes ago, stefo said:

I don't know, it's just a doubt I have for what Tony answered, a few days ago on Insta, to a fan question about it. He said he heard it was in the works, but there are no details of when exactly it could be available.

Boggles my mind that something like this wouldn’t be ready for opening night. Bring back the 90s 😭

• Enrico unfeatured this topic