The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Just now, McDonna said:

This true, but there are songs you clearly hear her singing over the original recordings/playback.  

Again, it's not a big deal for me, but those saying she's not relying heavily on a backing track with majority of the show are lying to themselves.  There are times, you can clearly hear her live vocals and then at times the backing tracks over takes her vocals at times. 

Of course she's singing. It's just a heavily supported show, in the same vein as MDNA although I'd actually guess MDNA had more playback than CT2.

3 minutes ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

I'm surprised that there wasn't any Hard Candy representation on the setlist. Candy Shop or Give It 2 Me could've been mashed-up with some songs but I don't know which ones.

This made me a bit sad as I love Hard Candy to death, but on the other hand after NRM, Erotica and Bad Girl I can't complain about anything

Just now, True Blue 84 said:

Well she is singing verry loud then because you can hear her sing verry good 

Yes, I agree you hear her singing live, but I also hear a vocal track behind her voice on Bad Girl.  I suspect that is to help elevate her voice. In fact, some of the pre-recorded vocals could just be back up singers as well.

4 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

This made me a bit sad as I love Hard Candy to death, but on the other hand after NRM, Erotica and Bad Girl I can't complain about anything

same here I'm glad that we finally got to se NRM, Bad Girl and Bedtime Story got a tour debut

People who are attending the show, we should make a pact that if one of us gets to talk to Guy O. to not forget to ask him about the deluxe albums re-releases. Ask for the receipts. Each time one of us bumps into him on that tour until he goes himself online to remaster the cds using AI !

27 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Amazing 🤍🤍🤍🤍🔥🔥🔥🔥

Did you ask about their new album?? 

Unfortunately did not. Stuart is so very friendly. He saw I was looking over at him in the mixer desk and he made eye contact and then said he’d come out of the mixer desk for a pic with the stage. I told him it was great to have him back and he asked what songs I was looking forward to and he said there were some deep cuts. He asked my name and seemed really engaged. 

5 minutes ago, McDonna said:

This true, but there are songs you clearly hear her singing over the original recordings/playback.  

Again, it's not a big deal for me, but those saying she's not relying heavily on a vocal backing track with majority of the show are lying to themselves.  There are times, you can clearly hear her live vocals and then at times the backing tracks over takes her vocals at times. 

I think all artists with this kind of shows have backing tracks, but what bothers me is that people think having a backing track is the same as lipsync,  wich is definitely not, even with a backing track the artist can sing live, wich is the case on Celebration tour in most parts. 

But again, I realy do think some songs just has backing vocals with no lead in them, so i count them as backing vocals, the vocals that normaly a backing vocalist should sing. 

Anyway, you can hear her alot and she sounds verry good to me 

8 minutes ago, scion said:

The only thing I would change is to shift the balance between the Mic and the pre recs... So it's 60% mic 40% pre rec backing. That would be perfect..

Oh and to elevate percussion so it's far punchier.

Totally agree about the mic situation. Besides I prefer to hear her sing bad over just hearing a studio recording on stage. If I just wanted to hear the album version, I'd put the album on.

Just now, True Blue 84 said:

I think all artists with this kind of shows have backing tracks, but what bothers me is that people think having a backing track is the same as lipsync,  wich is definitely not, even with a backing track the artist can sing live, wich is the case on Celebration tour in most parts. 

But again, I realy do think some songs just has backing vocals with no lead in them, so i count them as backing vocals, the vocals that normaly a backing vocalist should sing. 

Anyway, you can hear her alot and she sounds verry good to me 

RIght.  In most cases she's singing along with the backing track.  Sometimes her live mic is lower than the backing vocal track.  MDNA tour was the worst with this.  I was hoping with Stuart on board this time, he'd get a better balance.  What he did for Confessions sounded perfect.

I'm really loving the set-list and she sounded fantastic in the live parts, especially her interaction with the audience.

The absence of a live band and backup vocalists is a mistake in my opinion, especially in an arena setting/large venue. Madonna always had the best drummers,  percussionists and bassists in past tours and it's a thrill watching them perform her songs together. Live instruments tend to fill up a space (like when she had the bagpipes in Re-Invention Tour, or in acoustics sections), and seems more intimate overall. Backup singers can take the lead when needed too.

In this new concept, they should have considered maybe including a section on the stage where you can physically see the programer(s) or sequencer(s) with all the computer equipment (or is it AI) that take cares of the sounds -- like a DJ or conductor on stage instead of being "behind the scenes" (like at a Pet Shop Boys concert). 

If they were there included, I could not see them in the clips posted.

Also, I like the addition of Bob the Drag Queen -- reminded me of the clown in The Girlie Show.

Her former dates/bf/lovers

Tony Ward, 2Pac Shakur ,Ingrid Casares, Carlos Leon , Chris Rock , Warren Beatty, Jean Michel Basquiat, Alexandre X Rodríguez Brahim Zabat , Sean Penn, Jesus Luz, Denis Rodman , Guy Ritchie, Michel Jackson, Vanilla Ice, Jean Jellybean Benitez, Ahlamalik Williams

20231015_142359.thumb.jpg.e04d00cf5f9a27239a64228efb62b398.jpg

4 minutes ago, McDonna said:

RIght.  In most cases she's singing along with the backing track.  Sometimes her live mic is lower than the backing vocal track.  MDNA tour was the worst with this.  I was hoping with Stuart on board this time, he'd get a better balance.  What he did for Confessions sounded perfect.

7 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Totally agree about the mic situation. Besides I prefer to hear her sing bad over just hearing a studio recording on stage. If I just wanted to hear the album version, I'd put the album on.

Same here, but after the extensive use of live or pre-recorded autotune during MDNA and RH tours, especially on a full show like the Madame X Tour, I must confess that I would prefer to hear her lip-syncing to the original '80s and '90s recordings than that :lol:

I've been watching some vids and I think the show really is amazing. About the structure, I simply think that the NY 80s part could have been the closing set, as it's the weakest for obvious reasons and as the finale could have taken a light, sing-along, celebratory mood. Nothing really matters is a phenomenal opener and I go on thinking that it would have been wonderfully followed by the Die another day number, without the XVIIth century "witches" hat I think it could have had a smooth flow with NRM before and - why not - Frozen as the closing song of the set. After that, from Live to tell on, it goes magnificently imo till Rain.

Yes, some points could be enforced, like the nice Human Nature/Crazy for you part, wich makes a point in the narrative, after the campest Vogue ever performed (a real gem guys), her exposure to defend the rights of the LGBTQI+ community, she mentions all the public shit she had to bear (the coreo of Human Nature is quite explicit) and the discomfort, singing Crazy for you supported by the younger HN image of herself. At the same point it's very rushed, too quick to get a real emotional effect, you understand it but there's not real time to get into the feeling of it. And La isla, Don't cry for me and (sadly) Rain are useless like that, they could be changed and maybe those are the points where she will be presenting different songs in the future shows. Quite curious to see if there's gonna be any change tonight :hearteyes:

But wow, it's a coherent, creative and complete journey through such a complex catalogue and story, solid and spectacular. Still convinced.

1 minute ago, scion said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate the absolute Masterpiece renditions of Into The Groove and Open Your Heart... 😍

I'm so in love with this Open Your Heart performance. I've been waiting for an original version of this song to be performed for ages. The closest thing we got was that 2017 performance at the Leonardo DiCaprio event, but we never got a professional recording of that.

14 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Unfortunately did not. Stuart is so very friendly. He saw I was looking over at him in the mixer desk and he made eye contact and then said he’d come out of the mixer desk for a pic with the stage. I told him it was great to have him back and he asked what songs I was looking forward to and he said there were some deep cuts. He asked my name and seemed really engaged. 

What an amazing experience, so happy you had it my friend. Love it 🤍🤍🤍🤍

2 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I'm so in love with this Open Your Heart performance. I've been waiting for an original version of this song to be performed for ages. The closest thing we got was that 2017 performance at the Leonardo DiCaprio event, but we never got a professional recording of that.

100%

6 minutes ago, Madvox said:

Yesterday after the show, The Ciccone's Human Resources solved the problems related to background and sound technical issues... YELLING.

Tonight will be better and we'll have the complete show.

Why? Madonna yelled at them after the show?

I think the show is complete but some additional songs can make the experience even better 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)