The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Folk writing essays about her vocals should listen to some of the bootlegs of the Blond Ambition tour, where she sounded appalling at times. Doing a 2 hour concert every night takes it out of you I'm sure - she sounds great the majority of the time and far better than many 'fan' doom mongers were predicting for this tour.

12 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Are vocals the new ass???

Orange Is The New Black GIF by NETFLIX

It means that any possible criticism or highlighted flaw is not accepted by the fanatics? So, it's all a taboo, and you can only say, "Well done, Madonna, she's beautiful! YAAAS QUEEEN"

And, by the way, I was at the opening night and I'm going to another show... and while I don't think the show is perfect, it's wonderful and I'm really happy to watch her doing what she does.

But we're here to talk and discuss flaws. We're not a religion, fortunately.

6 minutes ago, FraP said:

Well, very off topic what I am gonna say, but, when you question a religion, you end up by creating another one (or an atheist system).

Considering the case of discussing M's flaws, we have two options: understand that she's human, aging and everything else, or believe she's the superhero she emphathicly sings she's not. And, in both pov's, you have to give some space to irony coming against one pov or another.

I believe tis exactly @Pedro Beltran's (aka "cuate") intention here.

She may significantly struggle vocally during some portions of the show for reasons that @Lorx explained really well, but I do have to say that I find it remarkable regardless that she's singing live at all on this tour.

Yes, her vocal performance for the last ten years or so hasn't been particularly impressive from a technical point of view, but I think we all should bear in mind that three months ago, she didn't only find herself in an induced coma but had also been intubated. Vocal cord paralysis and prolonged hoarseness after intubation are very frequent side effects.

I had my doubts as to whether she'd be able to sing at all. Given that she's only three months into her recovery from all this, most of it spent resuming rehearsals and actually kicking off the tour, I'm surprised that she doesn't actually sound worse than she has in the past few years which makes me wonder if she's had specific vocal coaching this time. 

18 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, very off topic what I am gonna say, but, when you question a religion, you end up by creating another one (or an atheist system).

Considering the case of discussing M's flaws, we have two options: understand that she's human, aging and everything else, or believe she's the superhero she emphathicly sings she's not. And, in both pov's, you have to give some space to irony coming against one pov or another.

I believe tis exactly @Pedro Beltran's (aka "cuate") intention here.

I understand your perspective. However, I believe we can move beyond this dichotomy. Discussing an artist's flaws, like Madonna, doesn't necessarily have to imply a desire to establish a faction opposing her devotion. Instead, it can represent an attempt to fully comprehend the complexity of the human being and their artistic expression. 

A show is a multidimensional experience that involves choreography, costumes, set design, lighting, storytelling, metaphors, song arrangements, and performance. The voice is just one of the elements.

Age, as vocal coaches say (I'm not one of them, but I listened to many videos about it), isn't necessarily an excuse for vocal decline. The voice can mature and adapt. Madonna has faced personal challenges, but we can continue to love and appreciate her work, openly discussing her flaws without creating divisions. It's about embracing the authentic, imperfect beauty within. True love acknowledges flaws and talks about them, but finds beauty amidst them.

On 10/29/2023 at 3:57 PM, acolyte said:

She may significantly struggle vocally during some portions of the show for reasons that @Lorx explained really well, but I do have to say that I find it remarkable regardless that she's singing live at all on this tour.

Yes, her vocal performance for the last ten years or so hasn't been particularly impressive from a technical point of view, but I think we all should bear in mind that three months ago, she didn't only find herself in an induced coma but had also been intubated. Vocal cord paralysis and prolonged hoarseness after intubation are very frequent side effects.

I had my doubts as to whether she'd be able to sing at all. Given that she's only three months into her recovery from all this, most of it spent resuming rehearsals and actually kicking off the tour, I'm surprised that she doesn't actually sound worse than she has in the past few years which makes me wonder if she's had specific vocal coaching this time. 

It's possible that she had a vocal coach who gave her some advice because she doesn't actually sing worse than in the last two years. In fact, she sings a little better! However, I would say she didn't undergo a full-fledged training with a vocal coach and didn't attend lessons once or twice a week, otherwise things would be way different. Her voice is still weak. She might have received some specific advice for this tour, but I guess her voice is gonna get worse during this tour.

I was afraid she would perform much worse; I was actually hoping for a super lip sync. Instead, she managed to strike a good balance thanks to technology.

On 10/29/2023 at 4:23 PM, Frank said:

Do u guys think i could get in the venue with a not too big Canon cam with a zoom lens?

If it's a compact camera, I think you could get in. If it's a reflex or mirrorless, no.

But I would put it in my jacket or pockets, not in my bag.

Madonna is “Madonna”. She’s never been about perfect vocals. She’s about so much more. It’s the it factor. It’s her stage presence, energy, theatricalness, beauty in and out, her boldness, the continual fight, and her creativity. Just about the time people write her off, she shows that she is still relevant. Even at 65, she’s making headlines. Critics a like are giving her props for this tour. Not many artists can do that these days. Where’s Mariah?🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, FraP said:

I understand your perspective. However, I believe we can move beyond this dichotomy. Discussing an artist's flaws, like Madonna, doesn't necessarily have to imply a desire to establish a faction opposing her devotion. Instead, it can represent an attempt to fully comprehend the complexity of the human being and their artistic expression. 

A show is a multidimensional experience that involves choreography, costumes, set design, lighting, storytelling, metaphors, song arrangements, and performance. The voice is just one of the elements.

Age, as vocal coaches say (I'm not one of them, but I listened to many videos about it), isn't necessarily an excuse for vocal decline. The voice can mature and adapt. Madonna has faced personal challenges, but we can continue to love and appreciate her work, openly discussing her flaws without creating divisions. It's about embracing the authentic, imperfect beauty within. True love acknowledges flaws and talks about them, but finds beauty amidst them.

Well, good luck cause it seems in this maniqueist world most people don't understand these 2 concepts: "to exist a wide spectrum of points of view" and "to embrace the flaws from those we admire as a way to get their own insecurities - or what they look to us - as part of accepting our own insecurities." We are used to worship, it may be God, Mao Zedong, Che Guevara, Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Madonna, anyone, even Auguste Comte (in fact there's sort of a "Positivist Church" here in my country, believe it or not). We are used to apply the concept of "unquestionable" to the things we have faith in. This is unarguably a human flaw and a side effect in the use of intelligence versus instinct.

Of course we can mold the world as we want to, but the world is much more complex than our individual power to make it get better. So, I came to conclusion that, just as fractals, human intelligence is very limited and easily predictable. Every fan forum can give several provings of this.

7 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Madonna is “Madonna”. She’s never been about perfect vocals. She’s about so much more. It’s the it factor. It’s her stage presence, energy, theatricalness, beauty in and out, her boldness, the continual fight, and her creativity. Just about the time people write her off, she shows that she is still relevant. Even at 65, she’s making headlines. Critics a like are giving her props for this tour. Not many artists can do that these days. Where’s Mariah?🤷‍♀️

This. M knows she does not need to deliver a soprano's range, it's below her main goal, which is: spread the message of love and unity, selfacceptation, to have faith in oneself, to care for the ones one loves, and most of all: TO KILL ANY FEAR ONE HAS IN THEIR LIFE. Fear is the ultimate enemy to M as stated by her numerous times. Once fear's gone, truth  - and love - comes out.

10 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

She's still defrosting. She's got a big Holiday season to prepare for.  :01:

57 minutes ago, FraP said:

It means that any possible criticism or highlighted flaw is not accepted by the fanatics? So, it's all a taboo, and you can only say, "Well done, Madonna, she's beautiful! YAAAS QUEEEN"

And, by the way, I was at the opening night and I'm going to another show... and while I don't think the show is perfect, it's wonderful and I'm really happy to watch her doing what she does.

You can criticize or critique everything you want dude but to be so adamant about Madonna vocals 40 years later is obsessive and passé IMHO. 

And dude Madonna is a religion where have you been? We are a cult and in the forums we are even crazier than the rest of the flock 

IMG_6388.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, good luck cause it seems in this maniqueist world most people don't understand these 2 concepts: "to exist a wide spectrum of points of view" and "to embrace the flaws from those we admire as a way to get their own insecurities - or what they look to us - as part of accepting our own insecurities." We are used to worship, it may be God, Mao Zedong, Che Guevara, Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Madonna, anyone, even Auguste Comte (in fact there's sort of a "Positivist Church" here in my country, believe it or not). We are used to apply the concept of "unquestionable" to the things we have faith in. This is unarguably a human flaw and a side effect in the use of intelligence versus instinct.

Of course we can mold the world as we want to, but the world is much more complex than our individual power to make it get better. So, I came to conclusion that, just as fractals, human intelligence is very limited and easily predictable. Every fan forum can give several provings of this.

Your insights show a deep understanding of these nuances, and I appreciate your willingness to engage in this conversation.

It's true, we tend to idolize, to make things 'unquestionable,' and it's a quirk of human nature. The world, as you rightly put it, is incredibly intricate, and human intelligence is indeed limited and often predictably biased.

The appreciation of a wide spectrum of perspectives and embracing the flaws of those we admire can be a refreshing change.

In my opinion, we should "think differently"; we should be able to question even our own reflections and their roots. Thought and debate are highly risky for individuals' identities; when you look into the infinite abyss, you can sink. And not everyone is ready to sink (think about Oceangate 😂).

Many are afraid of it, and I get it. But they're incapable of such introspection. This is why religions are created instead of personal philosophies or spiritualities.

But I live to seek an alternative. I know it's not possible for everyone, but I try.

13 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Madonna is “Madonna”. She’s never been about perfect vocals.

Not only that, her vocals aren't even that bad singing CFY.  Still, I am not even sure she was trying to sound perfect.  I feel she was supposed to emote some vulnerability, at this point, so even if she did sing flat or off key it flows with the journey she is taking us on. 

11 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Not only that, her vocals aren't even that bad singing CFY.  Still, I am not even sure she was trying to sound perfect.  I feel she was supposed to emote some vulnerability, at this point, so even if she did sing flat or off key it flows with the journey she is taking us on. 

I realy think she sounds fine during crazy for you most of the time, also for the majority of the tour so far. Nothing shockingly bad like eurovision 

5 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Jeez some people realy act like she is the worst singer in the world. She sounds good at this tour, even if there is backing help, so many artists do this. 

Some can't help to nitpick.  But yeah, she sounds "fine" throughout the whole show.

I agree she's singing live on most every song, and relies on backing tracks to help her in one way or another.  Like you stated, everyone does it anymore.  You can clearly hear her singing over some backing tracks more than others.  The only time she seems to rely mostly on the backing tracks from what I can tell is during Erotica (which you can also hear live vocals), and Justify My Love.  I believe she's singing live with Everybody backing track being louder than her live vocals at times.

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Some can't help to nitpick.  But yeah, she sounds "fine" throughout the whole show.

I agree she's singing live on most every song, and relies on backing tracks to help her in one way or another.  Like you stated, everyone does it anymore.  You can clearly hear her singing over some backing tracks more than others.  The only time she seems to rely mostly on the backing tracks from what I can tell is during Erotica (which you can also hear live vocals), and Justify My Love.  I believe she's singing live with Everybody backing track being louder than her live vocals at times.

This! And thank you 💋

31 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I agree. I’d take this performance over the original release. I love how emotional it is. 

20 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

IMG_6389.jpeg

Rocco takes after his father, from whom he inherited a passion for suits. In fact, his father always wears a suit and has talked about the significance of men wearing stylish suits many times (even on Joe Rogan's show). Rocco's style is similar to his father's, he only wear suits. It's a bit of a shame because he doesn't have a distinct personal style, but it's a style that I appreciate. He looks good.

I also have to mention that he bears a resemblance to Madonna's brother, Christopher.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)