The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

31 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

The question is how loud are those backup vocals going to be? I think in general Madonnas mic is just not as loud as it could be. Compared to ariana or adele or beyonce. Their live vocals can be heard easily. And of course they are great vocalist and madonna is more of a performer blabla but at the end we shouldnt go crazy when the GP doesnt recognices that she acutally sings live.

Have you even watched the video? In the verses where she messed up the lyrics there are almost no backing vocals, they are low. In the chorus they are louder, thats usual in choruses. Watch the video from this same performance where she forgets her mic.  You will hear the backing vocals aren't loud at all. People are just being delusional when it comes to Madonna. When she stands singing next to them live in their ear they would still say its lipsync...

17 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

This tour is very obviously blending her live voice with a LOUD backing track. She's always used this technique during CERTAIN songs on other tours but this tour she is using it for MOST songs. After 40 years of recorded music, and some amazing live performances where there is absolutely no backing track I don't feel a need to defend her that she most definitely can sing. But also.... after numerous ok to bad live vocal performances we know that she's not 100% consistent. And I'm not gonna try and pretend like these things don't exist. It only makes someone look delusional. 

Even during one of her peak vocal eras of Ray of Light... she gave an amazing vocal performance on Oprah of Ray of Light and then a pretty bad vocal performance of The Power of Goodbye on the Fashion Awards.... Nothing Really Matters on the Grammys was somewhere in between. 

She will always be the queen of pop. No one is taking that away from her. Even if she never gives another good vocal performance again... her accomplishments will never be erased. 

There are almost no LOUD backing tracks. Some are louder than others but from many mistake video's we got we can asure that most of them aren't even loud at all ... Hung up and Everybody has the loudest backing tracks..

Example... From the same performance... The backing vocals aren't loud at all and she can be perfectly heard once she got the mic 

21 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Have you even watched the video? In the verses where she messed up the lyrics there are almost no backing vocals, they are low. In the chorus they are louder, thats usual in choruses. Watch the video from this same performance where she forgets her mic.  You will hear the backing vocals aren't loud at all. People are just being delusional when it comes to Madonna. When she stands singing next to them live in their ear they would still say its lipsync...

Its not about which moment is louder and which moment is lower in backup vocals. Its about the video and the fact that a lot of people see it as being playback. Im a madonna expert just like you and i know her live voice and i can hear them clearly before. :)

Just now, WopaelWopael said:

Its not about which moment is louder and which moment is lower in backup vocals. Its about the video and the fact that a lot of people see it as being playback. Im a madonna expert just like you and i know her live voice and i can hear them clearly before. :)

Delusional people... how can they not hear her singing the wrong lyrics, stop, talk to the audience, and singing the right lyrics again... Only people who choose to hate act like they don't hear that. She even stops to say she forgets the lyrics... 

Im done about this subject 😅 people online anoyed me all day long lol...

No hate to you btw 

Jeese the lower backing makes her vocal sound fuller/ layered too, theres no backing singers. Do we have to go through this again? 

Even people like Lenny fkin Kravitz does it on some tracks live. It makes it sound better plus a breather if they fk up. People need to get a grip. Go see some of the biggest bands on the planet. They sing less than M does, with half the size stage and are half the age and after a lung condition. People should really have a word with themselves. 

3 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Question 

If Taylor beats this again does that mean Madonna is 2nd?

What about Beyonce or Pink?

She is going to be beaten without a doubt, because Madonna is near the end of her touring career and the rest of them aren’t.  It says something that someone whose peak of fame was 35-40 years ago can compete with the biggest stars of today. Name another from the 1980s who comes even close. 

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

This tour is very obviously blending her live voice with a LOUD backing track. She's always used this technique during CERTAIN songs on other tours but this tour she is using it for MOST songs. After 40 years of recorded music, and some amazing live performances where there is absolutely no backing track I don't feel a need to defend her that she most definitely can sing. But also.... after numerous ok to bad live vocal performances we know that she's not 100% consistent. And I'm not gonna try and pretend like these things don't exist. It only makes someone look delusional. 

Even during one of her peak vocal eras of Ray of Light... she gave an amazing vocal performance on Oprah of Ray of Light and then a pretty bad vocal performance of The Power of Goodbye on the Fashion Awards.... Nothing Really Matters on the Grammys was somewhere in between. 

She will always be the queen of pop. No one is taking that away from her. Even if she never gives another good vocal performance again... her accomplishments will never be erased. 

Xoxo also in the ROL era was the VMA vocal performance. 

this record is stupid, it's not about attendance but revenue, meaning it's gonna be erased in the future not because more people have attended a tour but because tickets are getting more and more expansive. 

Don't bother with online comments, i used to moderate an official media online, those people are totally crazy and sometimes it's bot farms. You have to remember Madonna has been on Trumptards kill bill since the White House comment and on the russian bots list since St Petersburg in 2012 and they retargeted her again after she stood by Ukraine. And there are crazy no life stans of other singers tracking her online like some on this very forum. She's not the only one though. 

Being a Madonna fan is not for the faint of heart.

And we'll compare other singers backing track when they are 65 and have lost half of their hearing due to touring.

18 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Why would they not release them? That is rather interesting,

I saw pics from the Aussie shows and the floor area did not look full at all which was strange because it was claimed they’d sold 96,000 tickets per show.

The floor was absolutely full, every show was packed to the gills. They just opted to not do general admission for these shows, likely so they could allow more people to be on the floor. 

Here is a photo (albeit blurry). There’s certainly more space between rows than there has been at other dates, but that’s more down to this is the largest stadium she’s played so far by quite large margin. The set up of the seating honestly reminds me of how they set up MDNA at Yankee Stadium (weird angled rows with fairly wide gaps between sections). 

As for why they’re not reporting the figures nobody knows. If I had to take a guess myself I’d say that, as impressive as the record is, I don’t know that she wants the tour’s legacy defined by it’s box office. 

37 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

They should also really report those numbers as adjusted for inflation.

They don’t do that. Not for tours, not for movies, nothing. Sources will post what adjusted figures are but no official ranking of tours or movies will ever use inflation numbers because that isn’t real money. It’s hypothetical money. A tour didn’t actually earn it’s inflation amount, it’s just what it theoretically would’ve earned if it took place today or was released today. And that isn’t a very effective tool for measuring grosses. 

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

The floor was absolutely full, every show was packed to the gills. They just opted to not do general admission for these shows, likely so they could allow more people to be on the floor. 

Here is a photo (albeit blurry). There’s certainly more space between rows than there has been at other dates, but that’s more down to this is the largest stadium she’s played so far by quite large margin. The set up of the seating honestly reminds me of how they set up MDNA at Yankee Stadium (weird angled rows with fairly wide gaps between sections). 

As for why they’re not reporting the figures nobody knows. If I had to take a guess myself I’d say that, as impressive as the record is, I don’t know that she wants the tour’s legacy defined by it’s box office. 

Ohhh ok. I didn't realise it was split up in sections like that. There is so much unused space but I suppose that's to allow people room to move in and out. I think GA wouldn't be suitable as so many of her fans are children.

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

They don’t do that. Not for tours, not for movies, nothing. Sources will post what adjusted figures are but no official ranking of tours or movies will ever use inflation numbers because that isn’t real money. It’s hypothetical money. A tour didn’t actually earn it’s inflation amount, it’s just what it theoretically would’ve earned if it took place today or was released today. And that isn’t a very effective tool for measuring grosses. 

Which is why these lists are meaningless as they just include all the most recent stuff at the top. I'm quite sure Gone with the Wind should be considered the biggest box office movie of all time.

15 hours ago, sara94 said:

The German media praises her professionalism and the way she just kept going like nothing happened. I'm amazed by their kindness when it comes to her. Germany really loves her and you know that must really mean something

Yeah it means they're not idiots