The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

30 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

We have tons of local artists and international ones that keep touring in their 70s and 80s 

What’s with the fans especially the fans that keep saying “is this her last tour?” When she has been adamant about not retiring… 

it is puzzling 🧐 

I swear some of y'all are scaring me. Stop talking about her retirement, you guys are manifesting it.

19 hours ago, Andymad said:

I know the show should go off on a huge high... but I always thought it was either Celebration... or I'll Remember. Or both. Going out in that beautiful instrumental if IR... that would be so iconic.

18 hours ago, stefo said:

Sooner or later she will make a retire tour or at least a huge retire concert: that will be the time to close the show singing "And I'll remember the love that you gave me ..." :heart:

Ahah guys nobody was properly talking about her retiring. It all went out from the simple speculation you can read in these posts. It was just about imagining the I'll remember meaning as the closer of the show. And I wrote my post (the second one) meaning I don't think it's her spirit: the "goodbye"/"bow"/"remember" stuff could maybe be staged as a finale when/if she will retire.

I don't think she is gonna retire at all, as you know I'm waiting for NEW FUCKING MUSIIIIIC!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Ahah guys nobody was properly talking about her retiring. It all went out from the simple speculation you can read in these posts. It was just about imagining the I'll remember meaning as the closer of the show. And I wrote my post (the second one) meaning I don't think it's her spirit: the "goodbye"/"bow"/"remember" stuff could maybe be staged as a finale when/if she will retire.

I don't think she is gonna retire at all, as you know I'm waiting for NEW FUCKING MUSIIIIIC!!!!!!!

Oh yes babes I wasn't agreeing with the retiring thing, I just never thought how well IR would be such a fabulous emotional closing for a show of this calibre. Would be so fitting. It would be a different high than a banger. It would kind of be a form of understanding, seeing how emotional she'd been on this tour, it would bring us right back in and go off with that sense of love and that she's ending the show with that amount of understanding through IR. Just a thought hehehe.

5 hours ago, sara94 said:

I swear some of y'all are scaring me. Stop talking about her retirement, you guys are manifesting it.

Sometimes I think some fans wish she would retire. I don't get it?  This woman has been very adamant about not retiring anytime soon unless she is dead or if she's incapacitated. Age isn't going to slow her down and just watching her on this tour after what happened to her last summer is just proof of that.  :party:

15 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I think A LOT of people, including fans, were really questioning her stamina going on tour so soon after her medical emergency. And look at her now, zero cancelled shows, a bonus free show for Brazilian fans... the bitch is now unstoppable. I would imagine she's exhausted but a part of me feels like... this is just the beginning. She's absolutely proven her worth. People can pick apart shit but facts are facts, she's still got it. There's no way she's stopping now. This tour is probably the BEST thing that could happen to her right now. I'm so excited for what's next!

Well, she's human so I expect her to be exhausted, but let's be real, some fans half her age couldn't do what she's currently doing on stage every night like she does.  Some are so quick to say she's not as active on this tour, but she's far more active than many artists who are half her age on tour.  I think the fact that she's stayed fit all through her career and didn't abuse food, drugs, etc, that it's really helped her.  She's hardly your typical 65 year old.  My guess, she will continue till the day she drops or she unfortunately isn't capable of doing so.  Some of the of the most active and athletic people get to a certain point in their life, where things go downhill health wise. I think what is hopeful here is that her father is in his 90's and up until recently seemed to been pretty active and healthy. We can only hope Madonna will reach the same age as her father and still be pretty active.  Though to expect her to perform and do things she did 30 years ago is just unrealistic.  It shouldn't even be a complaint at this point because as I said, she's still on stage being far active than many entertainers half her age.

10 minutes ago, sara94 said:

She's still in a good shape and from what i've seen at the latest florida shows, her movements have even improved these past few weeks. I'm begging everyone to stop acting like she's senile and focus on how great she's actually doing on this tour. 

Her movements are choreographed!  I'm sure it's based on what she's capable of doing.  I never noticed since she started the tour that she was actively worse than she is now.  No doubt, she's not trying to over do it, and she's sticking to the script.   Still, she's doing far more than most of us are capable of. :)

19 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

We have tons of local artists and international ones that keep touring in their 70s and 80s 

What’s with the fans especially the fans that keep saying “is this her last tour?” When she has been adamant about not retiring… 

it is puzzling 🧐 

For real, maybe because the idea of being a "greatest hits tour" but I don't see this tour being her last one.

On 4/12/2024 at 1:10 PM, Pedro Beltran said:

What’s with the fans especially the fans that keep saying “is this her last tour?” When she has been adamant about not retiring… 

it is puzzling 🧐 

Internalized ageism.

2 hours ago, schumakg86 said:

Internalized ageism.

Not that I disagree.  Though it's even coming from fans who are older?  It reminds me of politicians trying to cut Social Security (which people pay into) or Medicare, etc, forgetting one day they are all going to that age (if they aren't there already). 

23 hours ago, Andymad said:

I think A LOT of people, including fans, were really questioning her stamina going on tour so soon after her medical emergency. And look at her now, zero cancelled shows, a bonus free show for Brazilian fans... the bitch is now unstoppable. I would imagine she's exhausted but a part of me feels like... this is just the beginning. She's absolutely proven her worth. People can pick apart shit but facts are facts, she's still got it. There's no way she's stopping now. This tour is probably the BEST thing that could happen to her right now. I'm so excited for what's next!

I agree re best thing for her. It gave her focus while she recovered, something to live and work towards - and in a way, forced her to get back on the 'horse' so to speak. To give her confidence and to validate for herself, that she can do it.

BUT let's not forget also, she is extremely lucky - the seriousness of her health scare, she is very fortunate she recovered so fast, so many do not. 

On 4/13/2024 at 3:10 AM, Pedro Beltran said:

it is puzzling 🧐 

They said it with Madame X as well.

Madonna has made it clear on many occasions that she intends to keep performing until she drops dead. Of course she will slow down but she’s not going to stop doing this. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if she aims for a stadium tour next time around.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

They said it with Madame X as well.

Madonna has made it clear on many occasions that she intends to keep performing until she drops dead. Of course she will slow down but she’s not going to stop doing this. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if she aims for a stadium tour next time around.

Very true. Madame X was an absolute shit show for her, health wise. It scared me. And I know it scared her too. She pushed through a major injury and had many cancelled shows...  and in the end it ended up being catastrophic health wise. I really hope that was a wake up call for her. I'm sure it was but in the end it's that one tale of "listen to your body". I would hate for her to experience that again. And I'm sure she felt so defeated over it. But she's on some trajectory now where it's like she's more in tune than she's ever been. You SEE she wants to keep doing this. You look at her on stage and you just know she's back in action. And when things don't go as planned she's deep in her roots of "find Keith a new asshole". 

I think a lot of people would like to forget Madame X... as in the end it was the era in which we almost lost her. But her PASSION through it... omg. She loved the MX era. She loved being so creative. Ultimately the main thing was for her to listen to her body, and she has now. I know after this tour is over she will continue to dominate. 

On 4/12/2024 at 11:27 PM, stefo said:

Yes totally agree, very beautifully said!