Madonna, Dua Lipa and Coldplay will headline Glastonbury next year as two female artists top festival bill for first time ever!

GlamSlam

Madonna, Dua Lipa and Coldplay will headline Glastonbury next year as two female artists top festival bill for first time ever

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12710391/Madonna-Dua-Lipa-Coldplay-headline-Glastonbury-year-two-female-artists-festival-bill-time-ever.html

After months of discussions, it has been agreed that they will all appear on the world-famous Pyramid Stage, with Madonna closing the music extravaganza on Sunday night.

British singing sensation Ms Lipa will be Friday’s top act, and Coldplay will play on Saturday. Organisers are said to be ‘thrilled’ with the line-up, which will be the first time that two female artists have headlined in Glastonbury’s history.

One festival insider said: ‘It’s the dream line-up, a brilliant mix of different music and different atmospheres. Then, of course, you have Madonna on the final night, which will be epic.’

It will be the first time that Madonna, 65, has performed at the festival, which is held at Worthy Farm, Somerset. For Ms Lipa, 28, it will be her first appearance as a headline act.

Earlier this year she found herself embroiled in controversy after she failed to join Sir Elton John on the Glastonbury stage for their duet Cold Heart. Fans claimed there must have been a falling-out between the pair, though Ms Lipa insisted she was working in New York.

Coldplay have headlined four times before – in 2002, 2005, 2011 and 2016.

Glastonbury bosses have been accused of choosing too many male acts to headline. Last year the line-up was all male, with Arctic Monkeys, Guns N’ Roses and Sir Elton John taking the top slots.

Speaking last month, organiser Emily Eavis, daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis, revealed that a huge US star’s team, believed to be Madonna’s, had got in touch with her saying that she was free.

She said: ‘2024 is still a little up in the air, and I thought it was taking shape, then last week I just got a call, and this is what happens if you wait a little longer, because often we’ll be booked up from July.

‘This year we’re holding out for a little bit longer and last week I got a call from a really big American artist saying this person’s around next year, and I was like, “Oh my God, this is incredible.” Thank God we held the slot.’

Addressing the lack of women headliners, Ms Eavis added: ‘I’ve always been really passionate about gender split [on festival line-ups] and I think, actually, our problem was that I’d been so outspoken about it that having a year when there wasn’t a female sent people a bit mad – or some people.

‘And we did have a female – she pulled out and we replaced them with Guns N’ Roses. But everyone knows that it’s top of my list.

‘It is difficult with female artists because there aren’t enough headliners. But we’re also creating them. We’re putting the bands and female artists on smaller stages and bringing them through all the time. And who knows? Next year we might get two. And certainly, I can say that the Legend is female.’

Glastonbury 2024 will be held from June 26–30

25 minutes ago, missberic said:

It can go up to two hours. She'll probably present the tour with stage adaptations but will be able to play the whole concert if she wants to.

I believe Foo Fighters set the record for the longest show which was two and a half hours long in 2015.  Many artists have been known to nearly perform a full concert.  Elton John this year performed pretty much his set list for his Farewell Tour.

will she be on time ha ha !!! the UK scene is a tough one to crack - after eurovision and the brits she will have to work hard - shes been getting the best reviews ever for this tour so im hoping it will just be a condensed version of the show and if Stuart is music producer it will be one hell of a party :) xx

48 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Maybe they can do Levitating together, like a good version by Stuart or something 😇

Weird how people think the two artists will come together, when most likely they are going to perform alone!

But since we are wishing for the unimaginable, maybe she would use this event to premier a new song.  LOL!  :ahh:

Personally, I don't think it's going to happen, but if so, I am sure it will be a condensed version of her current tour.