Tour DVD Filming 2024 Dates

stancherry

On 12/13/2023 at 8:13 AM, Prayer said:

RHT and MX (and MDNA too!) were a mix of a bunch of professionally recorded different nights. That's the difference.

There hasn't been a professional recording of this tour yet. That involves more cameras, angles, etc. There are cameras all around cause it's a big part of the live experience this time with all the screens etc., but that doesn't mean is being professionally recorded.

How do you define "professionally recorded"?

The cameras that feed to the screens on the Celebration Tour are high-end 4K Cannon cameras that move on a rig. Just like many modern movies and music videos are shot.

Yes, they may need to bring in an overhead crane or two for a few nights of crowds shots/wide shots/etc to supplement that footage.

Beyonce and Taylor both used similar on-stage/video-feed shots for a majority of their concert films. I imagine Madonna will too. It's cheaper in the long run, less distracting to the audience, and works just as well as hiring a full-scale film crew to shoot multiple shows.

It's not 1999 anymore.

2 hours ago, DJ N A said:

How do you define "professionally recorded"?

The cameras that feed to the screens on the Celebration Tour are high-end 4K Cannon cameras that move on a rig. Just like many modern movies and music videos are shot.

Yes, they may need to bring in an overhead crane or two for a few nights of crowds shots/wide shots/etc to supplement that footage.

Beyonce and Taylor both used similar on-stage/video-feed shots for a majority of their concert films. I imagine Madonna will too. It's cheaper in the long run, less distracting to the audience, and works just as well as hiring a full-scale film crew to shoot multiple shows.

It's not 1999 anymore.

It's not 1999 anymore but facts are still facts and some minimum quality standards need to be met.

If you think you can edit a movie or home release with just the footage the live screens are fed and some "supplements", well, you're wrong (and let's not even enter the live screen vertical and square ratios she's using in this tour versus the standard widescreen ratio for home and movie releases - unless she's planning to do a TikTok release :smile:).

If you think Taylor did it that way, with the live screens footage, well, you're wrong too.

Taylor:

In 2023, Swift commissioned a recording of the Eras Tour to be theatrically released as a feature film. Sam Wrench, who previously helmed Billie Eilish: Live at the O2 (2023) and Lizzo: Live in Concert (2022), was hired as director, and the film was recorded at the first three of six Los Angeles shows of the tour from August 3 to 5, 2023, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift:_The_Eras_Tour

That's why I meant by "professionally recorded". If Madonna wants to do a traditional concert release, it needs to be planned and professionally filmed, like Taylor did for three nights with hers.

No info about Beyoncé, didn't find it and don't know if it's meant to be a "traditional" concert or just documentary type. In that case of course she can easily mix together whatever footage they have with behind the scenes footage, interviews, rehearsals, etc.

In the end Madonna will do whatever she wants to do, as always. She professionally filmed the "MDNA Tour" in Miami but ended up using footage from Paris as well, for instance.

On 12/20/2023 at 3:56 AM, wtg1987 said:

we still dont have MX Tour on a physical release and im sure i read they filmed the bonus songs for that too but once again all we got was vinyl - i dont know why M limits everything to this clunky format now .... does she hate the cd/dvd/blu-ray format now ?

Vinyls sell better than blurays

On 12/19/2023 at 3:56 PM, wtg1987 said:

we still dont have MX Tour on a physical release and im sure i read they filmed the bonus songs for that too but once again all we got was vinyl - i dont know why M limits everything to this clunky format now .... does she hate the cd/dvd/blu-ray format now ?

Madame X Tour is the only M tour I would never mind to get a physical video release too.

12 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Vinyls sell better than blurays

This will change when Taylor releases Eras Tour in 4K/Blu-ray. Much likely she will responsible for physical live videos renaissance (no pun intended).

On 12/20/2023 at 5:56 AM, wtg1987 said:

Most people haven't used a cd or dvd player in over a decade :laughing:

5 hours ago, Ayham said:

Unfortunately with this current trend we won’t get a “DVD” release lol.. might be something in cinemas or on streaming platforms and of course a vinyl… 🤣🤣🤣

I don't talk about a "DVD" release (but it might happen at all), but let's just wait until Taylor Alison Swift decides her believers deserve to have an official register of her 3h45min concert film instead of the Google Drive/MEGA file galore and bootleg galore that even became TT on x.com... so they can watch THAT thing the time they want... without having any risk of DMCA/MPAA/TaylorNation pursuing 'em... and she can have one more income source... Ev'ryone winning here...

Btw, it's not me who's saying that... Keep an eye to PopJustice too... After all, I can't prove anything I have been sayin'...

And btw, dear youtuber, as I usually do here, I wave the white flag to you as I do wanna zeal for INFINITY'S REPUTATION, which is more sacred than any catfight or honor proof. I even have a gift to you - so go soon to the "Random Thoughts" thread...

@McDonna , as in the lyrics of my favourite M song ever, "peace in the corner of the UK... and the USA..."

Oh Lord...

20 hours ago, Ekans said:

Why are people acting so clueless? I’m pretty sure that a DVD discussion doesn’t actually mean we’re craving a literal DVD release but actually a professional recording/release of the show. Not that hard to understand?

Well, there are people who still own CRT's to this day anyway... So we have hope we have at least 3 formats (DVD, Blu-ray and 4K). Maybe 8K too, why not???

What we need is some official physical format release for Celebration Tour. And I am SO SO SO sure that if TS does that to her trek, others will follow. Esp Madonna who's the most bootlegged artist of entire world.

14 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Oh Lord...

Well, there are people who still own CRT's to this day anyway... So we have hope we have at least 3 formats (DVD, Blu-ray and 4K). Maybe 8K too, why not???

What we need is some official physical format release for Celebration Tour. And I am SO SO SO sure that if TS does that to her trek, others will follow. Esp Madonna who's the most bootlegged artist of entire world.

I don't really understand your "Oh Lord..." statement. Are you okay?

On 12/23/2023 at 1:20 PM, Blue Jean said:

Most people haven't used a cd or dvd player in over a decade :laughing:

I use one all the time as I buy movies on blu ray - it’s not a dead format imo and legacy artists like Prince still release them - she should be catering to all fans imo or release in limited quantities if she hates it that much …