The Worst Like A Virgin TOUR reprensentation/performance?

Donna

The Worst Like A Virgin TOUR Reprensentation/performance?   

83 members voted

1. 1. The Worst Like A Virgin Tour Reprensentation/performance?

• Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl Tour
    • Blond Ambition Tour
    • The Girlie Show
    • MDNA Tour
    • Rebel Heart Tour
    • Celebration Tour
    • Confessions Tour

3 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

When Christina Aguilera and that crazy lady sang it on MTV, otherwise every performance is my favorite as it’s a brilliant song and she knows it. Blonde Ambition is my favorite, so sexy.

LOL!,  BUT of the tour performances is the question?  Not "favorite" but worst? :Madonna007:

• Donna changed the title to The Worst Like A Virgin TOUR reprensentation/performance?
24 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The one I did at my bathroom!

Oops,I did it again,sorry it was a Madonna question

Umm it may be the one at the VMAS no hate against the other artists just didn't love it that much

Sorry, but I thought it was clear I was referring to TOUR performances. Even went back to edit the title and capitalize "TOUR". :salty:

19 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Sorry, but I thought it was clear I was referring to TOUR performances. Even went back to edit the title and capitalize "TOUR". :salty:

Well you got me on that one apart of some outside of tours I can't say anything 

Confessions is immaculate and maybe one of the first ones she did without many vocal training wasn't the best?There are many performances of her tours so I would have to see which date had the worst vocal performance 

26 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Well you got me on that one apart of some outside of tours I can't say anything 

Confessions is immaculate and maybe one of the first ones she did without many vocal training wasn't the best?There are many performances of her tours so I would have to see which date had the worst vocal performance 

Tour performances?  Not best, but worst?

I can understand in Celebration the whole wall tribute to Michael Jackson was a scene that doesn't stress Madonna physically....  but the clips in the background made it seems like they were practically lovers when I don't think MJ thought fondly of Madonna.  

Ditto Brooke Shields as well at Michael's funeral.  I mean what you hung out with him at some party over 30 years ago and this qualifies you to give a eulogy on this man?

I mean I didnt dislike it per say the whole thing is just sort of aaahh to me. 

1 minute ago, Blue Skies said:

I can understand in Celebration the whole wall tribute to Michael Jackson was a scene that doesn't stress Madonna physically....  but the clips in the background made it seems like they were practically lovers when I don't think MJ thought fondly of Madonna.  

Ditto Brooke Shields as well at Michael's funeral.  I mean what you hung out with him at some party over 30 years ago and this qualifies you to give a eulogy on this man?

So an other words, the worst representation of the song on TOUR is the Celebration Tour.  Vote dude VOTE!!  LOL! :)

7 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

Done 

Looks like there may be other like minded fans on this one 

I agree.. but the world is full of different opinions, so I'm sure there will be some who will choose other performances (as some already have) that others may have not chosen.

I voted for the Celebration one, even if I don't consider it a proper live performance. The idea was nice but it should have a climax I don't feel, unless we consider the Angel finale a climax.

The most playyful and fun are the WTG and the RH performances, wich are both great, the GS one is the most artsy (I'm quite surprise some voted for that), Confessions gives the most stylish and BA is simply historic and iconic.

4 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

Well Michael & Madonna clearly must have made up before his death because why would she have wasted so much time paying so many tributes to him if they hadn't hashed out their differences? Also Brooke Shields and MJ were a couple for quite a few years and Brooke broke it off with him. Then spun around after his death and made it seem like he was this obsessive stalker in that documentary she put out.

I went w/TGS as it was dragged out too damn long. MDNA was slow and too quiet but not quite as insufferable. Celebration is just an interlude. Imo the arrangement on the Virgin Tour isn’t great either. Sounds like a cheesy cover band is backing her.

I love that BAT and CT have no votes. They’re both perfect. I really dig the I Can’t Help Myself mashup on the WTGT as well.

The MDNA Tour performance is one my favorite things Madonna has done. The way she turned the song into this melancholic (almost lament like) piece of music is incredible. 

It completely recontextualized the song and I think, paired with Love Spent, describes the feelings for her marriage with Ritchie and its eventual dissolution. 

These are all things that I love in Madonna; the constant renovation, the artistic approach to performances and the refusal to just "play the hits".

9 hours ago, lap said:

Well, The Celebration Tour version is not a performance, but an interlude. It'll win this poll by far. 

IMO, Girlie Show is the worst by far. 

This is why I included the words "representation" in the question as well.  :)

6 hours ago, Velvet Rope said:

Well Michael & Madonna clearly must have made up before his death because why would she have wasted so much time paying so many tributes to him if they hadn't hashed out their differences? Also Brooke Shields and MJ were a couple for quite a few years and Brooke broke it off with him. Then spun around after his death and made it seem like he was this obsessive stalker in that documentary she put out.

I don't think Michael and her made up.  In fact, I believe the issue is more one sided.  Michael just didn't like Madonna.  She may privately disliked him, but she's always been respectful when speaking of him publicly.  I believe she pays tribute to him because she genuinely thought he was talented.  I think she relates to a lot of his struggles with fame and prefers to be known to be his equal as an entertainer.  It just looks good.  Also, it's possible she's doing it to annoy the detractors if not his own family members.  We all know the two weren't chummy, so does his family.  That whole VMA tribute speech after his death was a complete load of bullshit.  You know she was taking an opportunity to show she was his equal in the business. At the same time, some just went along with it because it just looks good for the Queen of Pop to do a tribute to the King of Pop.  Still, I don't think she harbored any ill feelings as he did her.

13 hours ago, DickTracy said:

When Christina Aguilera and that crazy lady sang it on MTV, otherwise every performance is my favorite as it’s a brilliant song and she knows it. Blonde Ambition is my favorite, so sexy.

When pop Princess Britney Spears joined the Queen of pop Madonna to give an iconic performance 💅

Oh and Christina was there 😏

Sorry but i have to say Celebration Tour performance, well its not even a performance actualy. I get it that she likes Michael Jackson and that he is the king of pop and she's the Queen, but this performance did not fit into this tour imo, its to much about Michael. And he only said nasty things about her when he was still alive.. And again, i respect she loves him and his music but for me this focus to much on another artist. 

My favorite is Blonde Ambition tour version